Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

When i was reading uncanny one of the adds was about the upcoming "The Exterminated". it mentioned that Cable was being outlived by Maddie, Hope and Jean.

I didn't even remember that Maddie was still alive. what was her last appearence?

the one i remember was Hopeless Maddie on X-men blue but she isn't the original.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    When i was reading uncanny one of the adds was about the upcoming "The Exterminated". it mentioned that Cable was being outlived by Maddie, Hope and Jean.

I didn't even remember that Maddie was still alive. what was her last appearence?

the one i remember was Hopeless Maddie on X-men blue but she isn't the original.
    She was last seen in X-men volume 4 as part of the Sisterhood

I noticed the mention of Maddie in that ad too. I wonder if this means she'll show up in The Exterminated...

Fantastic Member

Scoot truly regrets of how things ended out between him and Madelyne.

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    It's sad that all of this happened. Specially because it tainted everybody involved, but according to certain editors this is freaking "funny". I really don't like any of that and it scares me that stuff like what happened with Maddie or Jean on Morrison's run are considered "good stories".
    it surprises me to see Cyclops fans or guys like Morrison saying that any of this stuff is good when it really did some irreparable damage to good characters and beautiful relationships just for cheap drama.

BANNED

It's sad that all of this happened. Specially because it tainted everybody involved, but according to certain editors this is freaking "funny". I really don't like any of that and it scares me that stuff like what happened with Maddie or Jean on Morrison's run are considered "good stories".
    it surprises me to see Cyclops fans or guys like Morrison saying that any of this stuff is good when it really did some irreparable damage to good characters and beautiful relationships just for cheap drama.
    I don't know who said it's funny... I don't see it as good, it just is, trying to retcon it or pretend it didn't happened only makes it worse, Cyclops left maddie and that's never gonna change, it's his fault, but whatever maddie did after that is on her, she had a choice and went full psycho on him, consequences be dammed

for example JDW, i asked him once on twitter an he said he loved Scott screwing his marriages, that love triangles are freaking cool and stuff like that. It really made me afraid of the future and dislike the x-books if they follow that kind of philosophy, specially in two cases were the characters were already married. if marriage isn't sacred (two times) then nothing regading relationships is.
    specially regarding Cyclops, it's like they don't think people will hate him for stuff like this.

BANNED

for example JDW, i asked him once on twitter an he said he loved Scott screwing his marriages, that love triangles are freaking cool and stuff like that. It really made me afraid of the future and dislike the x-books if they follow that kind of philosophy, specially in two cases were the characters were already married. if marriage isn't sacred (two times) then nothing regading relationships is.
    specially regarding Cyclops, it's like they don't think people will hate him for stuff like this.
    JDW is a wolverine fan, if he could make anything to make people hate cyclops more he will or put Jean in love triangles to make his pet character to look more desirable ("look how many women want wolverine, he's the best") he will , but that's beside the point... People will hate cyclops for whatever minuscule reason they can find, some dudes just call out cyclops on leaving maddie but never bothered to read X factor or get his side of the story, at this point people will always try to find reasons to hate cyclops and we'll always step up to defend him with the truth whether they like it or not. And he's just considered hitler, dumping his wife or getting into love triangles will be a drop in the water compared to mass genocide

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I am just going to drop this here. You need to seperate opinion with what actually happened in the editorial room.

https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2016/0...t-price-glory/
    thanks for posting that, I listened to it today while working, I really enjoyed hearing people who care about the character of Maddie Pryor as much as I do. She is one of my favorite characters in the X-verse. Maybe someday a writer that shares that affinity for her will take the helm of an X-book. Since Marvel has the movie rights I get the feeling we will be swimming in mutant titles again before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    thanks for posting that, I listened to it today while working, I really enjoyed hearing people who care about the character of Maddie Pryor as much as I do. She is one of my favorite characters in the X-verse. Maybe someday a writer that shares that affinity for her will take the helm of an X-book. Since Marvel has the movie rights I get the feeling we will be swimming in mutant titles again before you know it.
    Thanks. I didn't know who she was until 14 of years ago when re-reading old x-men issues. Madelyne caught my eye with how badly she was treated and the way she had to deal with being written off as a character/replaced by the original. It's probably why I have an affinity for characters that attempt to rewrite their own narratives and become self aware of their existence. Perhaps it is a way of processing grief for the tragedy of Madelyne. It's the same reason why I enjoyed Loki for JIM than his other incarnations. AoA was okay but didn't keep me as invested as I would of liked. I do feel that she does deserve a second chance but I am afraid that writers have an easier time depicting her as a one trick pony or villanous Jean. :/
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Thanks. I didn't know who she was until 14 of years ago when re-reading old x-men issues. Madelyne caught my eye with how badly she was treated and the way she had to deal with being written off as a character/replaced by the original. It's probably why I have an affinity for characters that attempt to rewrite their own narratives and become self aware of their existence. Perhaps it is a way of processing grief for the tragedy of Madelyne. It's the same reason why I enjoyed Loki for JIM than his other incarnations. AoA was okay but didn't keep me as invested as I would of liked. I do feel that she does deserve a second chance but I am afraid that writers have an easier time depicting her as a one trick pony or villanous Jean. :/
    Kelly Thompson has express interest in writing a Madelyne Pryor story due to the fact she was treated poorly by past writers.
    https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...aracters-to-do

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    This scene is from X-Men: The End, one of Claremont's alternate timeline series.

But Scott felt bad for Maddie too on X-factor. We didn't had the chance to see them talk much or work things because Marvel went full villain with Maddie.

BANNED

I think the comicbook character Scott was unable to find the comicbook character Madelyne because said character was hunted by the comicbook characters the Marauders.

BANNED

To me, the artist Sean Chen did a terrific job depicting the comicbook character Scott in that scene from X-Men: The End.