Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    What bothers me about all this, besides that Angela is a character who I have little interest though there is still room to improve things, is the fact of not being Neil Gaiman who was going to write it knowing that he is who created the character. I have nothing against Gillen but his last works at Marvel were so weak (Iron Man and Young Avengers basically).

It is supposed that Gaiman is on Marvel and that he was supposed to co-write Guardians of the Galaxy with Bendis, but in the end was only a Consultant.
    I agree. Neil is the only one who should be writing Angela.

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    I agree. Neil is the only one who should be writing Angela.
    Gaiman's not interested in writing any superhero comics except Miracleman and that one only because he didn't get to finish it when he was still a newcomer. In fact, he has harsh words for the mainstream industry's treatment of the genre.

Angela might as well stay dead then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    so is this marvel's biggest ongoing announcement of the con or will there be another i wonder?
    There is a Women of Marvel thread coming up where the Spider-Woman ongoing is rumored...it seems more about the relaunches in general.

Extraordinary Member

Ok. Its very likely I'll pick this up but I have one pet peeve, why the stupid name?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Ok. Its very likely I'll pick this up but I have one pet peeve, why the stupid name?
    probably to go along with the agent of asgard sub title to Loki's book

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    probably to go along with the agent of asgard sub title to Loki's book
    True, I hate it though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Angela is only interesting in the Spawn universe? please. thats like saying Captain Marvel was only interesting when published by Fawcett.
    Quoted for truth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    True, I hate it though.
    It does make it a triple-A title though...ha cha cha. *crickets*
    I don't care for it either (but loving the idea of a solo for her). Anyone seeing the title will know what it is about which can be a benefit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Gaiman's not interested in writing any superhero comics except Miracleman and that one only because he didn't get to finish it when he was still a newcomer. In fact, he has harsh words for the mainstream industry's treatment of the genre.

Angela might as well stay dead then.
    Yes. I am fine with Angela staying away. She does not belong in the Marvel universe. It's as distracting as Wildstorm characters appearing in the main DC universe. Just doesn't fit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    It does make it a triple-A title though...ha cha cha. *crickets*
    I don't care for it either (but loving the idea of a solo for her). Anyone seeing the title will know what it is about which can be a benefit.
    Yup. But I miss the days of titles such as; Doctor Strange.
    I really dislike subtitles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Quoted for truth.
    There is absolutely no comparison. Captain Marvel's Fawcett world was barely built up----that's why it was easy to integrate him into the DCU. Angela, on the other hand, is part of the Spawn mythology, which is a much larger universe. She does not fit in the Marvel universe and should return to Spawn's world. If they really wanted to make Angela work in the Marvel U, they would play up her connection to the Spawn characters and have her subtly reference them in a way that doesn't infringe on copyright laws.

BANNED

Going to purchase this book and all variants too!!!!!Woohoo

BANNED

i wonder if marvel really expects people to pay $4 per issue for angela

I know nothing about the Angela character, so to me she's a blank slate. From the description, "Born in Heaven, been through Hell" and several things in the interview, she reminds me of a flipped version of Orion, but with his internal struggles and feelings of alienation on New Genesis. And though Simonson's "Thor" run was one of my all-time favorites, I never really became such a big fan of Thor himself. This series appeals to me in terms of similar epic mythic storytelling rather than any interest in her. And I liked Gillen's "Godhunter" with Beta Ray Bill, so I'll give it a shot.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-26-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Hmm, I thought they said when they brought Angela back, they were going to give her a new look. Not complaining as I've grown to like the character, but I do wish she wore more then the big belt, the back half of a ripped skirt, metal bra, underwear and weird ribbons.

I'll give it a shot, although I wonder does Asgard really need another character linked to it especially since they are already introducing a female Thor? I'd rather have seen Angela still linked as a cosmic character.