Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sounds intriguing. I'll give it a shot along with the new Thor.

Not really interested in Angela... But I've loved everything I've read by Gillen (except Iron Man, I've given up on Iron Man solos as I just find him too boring when not in a team), so will probably give this a shot.
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    Personally id rather read about sif or val..not much interezt
    I agree but Sif and Valkyrie have been had their chances with Journey into Mystery and Fearless Defenders and their books have failed because low sales. Personally I would love to see The Enchantress have some kind of chance but she's still marginalised.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 07-25-2014 at 01:50 PM.

I was sold at Phil Jimenez. Even if I'm not a fan of Bennett's work and the Asgard's Assassin title is terrible. Couldn't they just leave it at Angela?

Still, really excited for Gillen and the art team. I can't believe Marvel managed to make me buy yet another book.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    There's no way he left Iron Man to co-write an Angela series. That doesn't sound like a "huge opportunity" to me.
    That "huge opportunity" is probably one of the Star Wars titles.

BANNED

Day 1 purchase. I've been liking Angela's appearance in the recent OS Tie-In's and I'm glad KG get's to write her rather than BMB.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Here's to the fashion artist nonpareil Phil Jimenez giving her better than tin can shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart View Post
    Don't marvel have Elektra fulfilling an assassin role, it looks interesting but it'll have to be really strong for me to pick it up, I've been reading more and more marvel lately.
    Marvel is assassin happy right now. Black Widow, Elektra, Winter Soldier, and now Angela. They should all get together and form some sort of assassin team.

BANNED

So much about this is great. I hope the promote the Hel out of this. Jimenez on art, this really could be the Marvel Wonder Woman
    Absolutely checking this out.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Annnnd BAM Marvel has a WONDER WOMAN.

BANNED

I'm sorry, I just don't understand why anyone would care about Angela when A) she's not being written by Neil Gaiman and B) outside the context of the Spawn universe.

Amazing Member ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

This sounds interesting to me and having a team like this , just adds to it.

I'm a Gillen fanboy. But the thing that sold me on it was Stephanie Hans doing interiors. She's my second-favourite artist, behind only Emma Rios. Her work is gorgeous. But it also takes a while, so I never expected her to do ongoing work. Bravo to Marvel for figuring out a way to get her on an ongoing.

So despite my apathy towards Angela, getting both Kieron Gillen and Stephanie Hans on it (even if they won't technically be working together) has me convinced.

BANNED

The dual art and writing teams (and great creators to boot) show they have faith in the book. Jimenez has kept a solid monthly pace and with SH handling pages too this should be able to handle a long arc with no immediate fill-in's. Thor and Angela will be 2 solo's to watch, and in general, Marvel is doing really strong work with their Avengers solo female led works.

Gillen? Yay!
    Jimenez? Yay!
    Hans? Yay!
    Angela? Ugh.....
    Bennett? Ugh.....