Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    I just find the whole Angela thing bizarre. Would someone read a Death series written by, say, Matt Fraction, set in the, I don't know, Valiant universe? No! Angela's interesting only because she's a Spawn character created by Neil Gaiman.
    I never read spawn, doesn't has interest on it. I just knew she was a Image character.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    But I just find it amusing that even as far back as the initial announcement after "Age of Ultron," Marvel is constantly screaming "ANGELA!" to an audience that responds with "Meh."
    I'm not that interested, but there's people in this thread and around the forums who clearly are.

She's a Neil Gaiman/Spawn character, so there's no reason to care about her in the Marvel Universe when she's disconnected from those things (the only elements that make her interesting in the first place).
    But the character herself is not interesting, yet Marvel seems to think she is. The only things that make her relevant are Neil Gaiman and Spawn, and Marvel has neither.
    I just find the whole Angela thing bizarre. Would someone read a Death series written by, say, Matt Fraction, set in the, I don't know, Valiant universe? No! Angela's interesting only because she's a Spawn character created by Neil Gaiman.
    Well for starters, just because you don't think she's interesting, doesn't make it a universal truth. That's all pretty subjective.
    Secondly, what title or universe she came from over 2 decades ago will prove more and more moot. She hasn't been relevant as a Spawn character in many years, and as time goes on she will ingrain more and more into the Marvel universe as writers pen more stories for her. Comic characters actually can evolve, contrary to belief.
    Last edited by Zeitgeist; 07-26-2014 at 01:18 AM.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Because A) it's being written by Gillen, B) I don't give a damn about Spawn, C) I find the idea that ONLY one writer can do a particular character justice to be laughably absurd, D) the art looks really good, and E) I'm intrigued to see her interact with the Thor cast. There's literally NO downside to this for me.
    Same here.

Marvel had me at the word "Gillen"; the fact it's Angela being epic is just icing on the cake. EXCITED for this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I don't care about Angela per se, but I'm looking forward to this because a) it's written by Kieron Gillen and b) I don't give a damn about Spawn, but I enjoy the Marvel's Thor mythology she's being linked to.

And most importantly c) it's freakin' Phil Jimenez and Stephanie Hans.
    Wow! You and I... literally the exact same thoughts. We should CBR marry
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 07-26-2014 at 01:51 AM.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

What bothers me about all this, besides that Angela is a character who I have little interest though there is still room to improve things, is the fact of not being Neil Gaiman who was going to write it knowing that he is who created the character. I have nothing against Gillen but his last works at Marvel were so weak (Iron Man and Young Avengers basically).

It is supposed that Gaiman is on Marvel and that he was supposed to co-write Guardians of the Galaxy with Bendis, but in the end was only a Consultant.

So Marvel has sunken to the levels of selling "bad girl" comics? Not that Angela was ever intended to be that, but she's no longer affiliated with her true origin. Now she's whatever Marvel is pimping.

Ultimate Member

So what? It's not like she was that deep a character in Spawn anyway (Todd McFarlane isn't that good a writer), and she hasn't really been a part of that franchise for awhile either. If anything, this is an opportunity to make her more interesting/multidimensional as a character.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    What bothers me about all this, besides that Angela is a character who I have little interest though there is still room to improve things, is the fact of not being Neil Gaiman who was going to write it knowing that he is who created the character. I have nothing against Gillen but his last works at Marvel were so weak (Iron Man and Young Avengers basically).

It is supposed that Gaiman is on Marvel and that he was supposed to co-write Guardians of the Galaxy with Bendis, but in the end was only a Consultant.
    Yeah but his last work with an Asgardian character (kid Loki in JIM) was fantastic, and this seems quite different from the two books that you mentioned.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I'm not that interested, but there's people in this thread and around the forums who clearly are.

Well for starters, just because you don't think she's interesting, doesn't make it a universal truth. That's all pretty subjective.
    Secondly, what title or universe she came from over 2 decades ago will prove more and more moot. She hasn't been relevant as a Spawn character in many years, and as time goes on she will ingrain more and more into the Marvel universe as writers pen more stories for her. Comic characters actually can evolve, contrary to belief.
    Hasn't she been DEAD in the Spawn books since like issue #100 or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah but his last work with an Asgardian character (kid Loki in JIM) was fantastic, and this seems quite different from the two books that you mentioned.
    Yeah, I know and I like his take on Kid Loki, and also I know about the 20 issues of the Volumen 2 of Uncanny X-Men before Marvel give it to Bendis.

But for me, it isn´t enough, he is able to do great things and things not so great.

Angela is only interesting in the Spawn universe? please. thats like saying Captain Marvel was only interesting when published by Fawcett.

BANNED

Yeah, I know and I like his take on Kid Loki, and also I know about the 20 issues of the Volumen 2 of Uncanny X-Men before Marvel give it to Bendis.

But for me, it isn´t enough, he is able to do great things and things not so great.
    It's just I read Young avengers and it seemed like it was trying too hard to be hip and cool with the teenagers(didn't help that i wasn't much of a fan of Wiccan And Hulkling when they got the most page time right from the get go)

he's got some pretty weird taste in music and pop culture that he tries to blend into his works for whatever reason

Young Avengers was critically acclaimed, winning several awards. YOU maybe didn't like it, but he's a good choice to write Angela; and his JiM (another acclaimed series for him) proves he's perfect for another Asgardian mythos character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Young Avengers was critically acclaimed, winning several awards. YOU maybe didn't like it, but he's a good choice to write Angela; and his JiM (another acclaimed series for him) proves he's perfect for another Asgardian mythos character.
    I know it, at first I like Young Avengers but to the end I´m begin to be bored of the same things.

I have no problem for the Asgardian Mythos (You know how I love The Enchantress), I loved Journey Into Mystery but I found all this thing about Angela terribly forced.

BANNED

so is this marvel's biggest ongoing announcement of the con or will there be another i wonder?