Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Astonishing X-Men #16 Preview

"Havok, leader of…the Reavers?! What circumstances have led Havok to side with the bad guys once more? And will it stick this time?"

axm16title.jpg

See the rest of the preview here (now with clearer text): http://www.comicosity.com/preview-astonishing-x-men-16/
    Last edited by DearMachine; 10-12-2018 at 05:15 AM.

Oh look. The single female character is the damsel, getting knocked out on page two. Refreshing. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Oh look. The single female character is the damsel, getting knocked out on page two. Refreshing. /sarcasm
    Seriously. Dazzler got noped by a random mook with a rifle butt.

Astonishing Member

Obviously she had to be knocked out, otherwise she'd be able to escape and Havoc can't be the big hero if dazzler saves everyone. Remember havoc is the hero

Yeah they do have to get rid of Dazzler's escape attempt if they want to set up Havoc teaming up with the Reavers. But there are better ways to do this than to hit her with the butt of a gun, I'm sorry.

Also I had to look up a Russian alphabet thing to figure out what Colossus is saying on the first page, I guess he is screaming 'devil' in case anyone was wondering

BANNED

I feel like the series has deflated a bit. Maybe it's because I know it's likely ending. The initial issues when Rosenberg took over were def the strongest ones, but Bearded Colossus and the inclusion of Banshee can only carry the title for so long...

Ultimate Member

I don't think that Alex is being written as the big hero here, more that this team only exists because nobody else wanted to have anything to do with Alex so he's just finding something to do, he runs across a problem that nobody else is bothering to do anything about and he decides to do something about it and then gets help...

One of the Reavers is a girl

I bet Beast couldn't wait to work for the enemy and betray the Mutant race some more
    Last edited by BroHomo; 10-11-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Amazing Member

I like the Warpath/Havok dynamic.

Who is the Reaver on the cover on the forefront? I do see (top-down) Skullbuster, Cylla (or a another female Reaver), Havok, Bone Breaker, but no clue on the other guy. He must be new, or just random.

Havok has a long way to go before he rebuilds his reputation, but after seeing this preview, I feel he's well on his way.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that they would fix Alex only to have him go right back to being bad again, and sadly I'm guessing that Marvel will mostly forget about Alex when Astonishing ends, unless they need somebody to blame everything on...

ASTXM_6.jpg

- Dazzler really does get jobbed out in this issue.
    - Havok's face looks creepy, but he's being decently written.

BANNED

Beast "offers" himself far too often for the otherside. I'm surprised it's Forge and not him that's under Nova's control.