Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    Looks like it. The costume does not match current Spidey from the arachnid on the front. They did oddly include his title in "what to watch" for Marvel Now titles. This will probably occur following the ANXM multi-verse jaunt.
    I'd be cool with that, as long as he replaced Power man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    I don't like the title 'Captain America and the Mighty Avengers' but I like what Ewing has been doing with the team so I'm still on board.

Thank God for a new artist also.
    the title only makes sense because falcon now outranks everyone else on the team

What about Wanda? What are the plans for her? She was on the AvengersNOW image...

Keen to see the entire Avengers line up of titles come November but Captain America and the Mighty Avengers sounds good to me.

any Secret Avengers news?

Jesus, the whole "Thor is still Thor, he's just not THE Thor for the next year or so" idea still sounds like such utter garbage. Sometimes I wonder if they pass weed at these summits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Jesus, the whole "Thor is still Thor, he's just not THE Thor for the next year or so" idea still sounds like such utter garbage. Sometimes I wonder if they pass weed at these summits.
    This. Thor is still Thor but Thor is a title, not a name, and so the title and mjolnir are passed to a woman now called Thor but Thor will still be Thor...wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    so we still don't have the cover for thor#1....are they really gonna hold onto the image?
    Correct. The comic itself will actually be released to stores without a cover on it.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Ok, so the Red Skull / Zola scheme is coming to a head with AXIS and the final arc on the current volume of Captain America.

Perhaps I've missed it but has something been mentioned what will Falcon's solo adventures donning the shield be about?
    Flying and kicking ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Raph84 View Post
    This. Thor is still Thor but Thor is a title, not a name, and so the title and mjolnir are passed to a woman now called Thor but Thor will still be Thor...wtf?
    Who's on first?

Mighty Member

I was the guy that asked about Hercules interacting with the new Thor. The entirety of my question was first thanking the various writers for bringing 'old school' Avengers Black Knight, Monica Rambeau and Hellcat back to current books and wondered if there were plans for 're-imagining' (their words for some re-imagined old school villains coming up soon) any of the following: Moondragon, Firebird and Herc. Nick Spencer said that one of them will be in Avengers World soon. Rick Remender said that he likes characters from the 70's-80's era, so don't be surprised. He gave a special shout out to Moondragon. He also brought up Starfox and said he will be in an event soon. I also asked for a Native American to be added to an Avengers team, specifically stating American Eagle. One of them immediately said he would include Dani Moonstar because 'she deserves it'. Another person asked for Living Lightning to be included to represent more Latino characters. Someone on the panel agreed with him.
    Last edited by Beamish; 07-26-2014 at 07:28 AM.

if we believe Bendis the beyonder was a mutant inhuman ... if we add extremis to the mix what do we get ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raph84 View Post
    All this just seems like when in the 90´s we got "new" versions of the marvel heroes. War machine. US agent, thunderstrike. etc. Some stick some didn't. and then the "modernize of the heroes" like thor the god of rock. and then Onslaught happened. and we got new "updated" heroes. Then sale when to the toilet. and they had to bring everything back to how it was. (the last attempt to modernize, which at the beggining was great, was the ULTIMATE line).

This time It seems it some "disney magic" just like how they are doing with star wars.

Its a shame I have always preferred marvel over DC, and used to buy 36+ marvel titles a month. now i barely find 5 that interest me. (same goes for the star wars franchise)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops' Optometrist View Post
    Who's on first?
    Apparently Thor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    All this just seems like when in the 90´s we got "new" versions of the marvel heroes. War machine. US agent, thunderstrike. etc. Some stick some didn't. and then the "modernize of the heroes" like thor the god of rock. and then Onslaught happened. and we got new "updated" heroes. Then sale when to the toilet. and they had to bring everything back to how it was. (the last attempt to modernize, which at the beggining was great, was the ULTIMATE line).

This time It seems it some "disney magic" just like how they are doing with star wars.

Its a shame I have always preferred marvel over DC, and used to buy 36+ marvel titles a month. now i barely find 5 that interest me. (same goes for the star wars franchise)
    Well said, it really does feel like one of the change periods from back in the day. I'm sure the changes won't last but it's still annoying. As for subscriptions, I've been subscribed to Captain America for a long time and finally had to cancel it, a hard choice to make. All I've ever got was Marvel and I get nothing Marvel now, sad.

Amazing Member

I am so glad that I can cut down on my Avengers-related pulls for the next year or so. This all sounds terrible. Nice to see Havok in a decent costume in that preview, though.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Something not discussed is Iron Man's move to San Francisco. That, together with Daredevil, makes the Mu just a wee bit less NY-centered. Back when Scarlet Spider operated out of Houston and met the Rangers, it was viewed as a move to expand the landscape. I hope this is just a start to explore more of Marvel Earth.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES