Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I think the Extremis for the populace thing has been compared to an Extremis "app" on people's Starktech in earlier interviews. So it's not like "here, have some powers", it's "here, let me, Tony Stark, mentally control every piece of technology you own", then a select few get powers as well. Not, like, everyone in San Fran.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    And what about Extremis Inhumans? Straying too far away now...More mutants, more Inhumans and more Extremis. Oh yeah, more super soldiers and more Spider People...
    Extremis affecting other powered characters is interesting, but it does veer incredibly close to villain territory for Tony. I mean it's one thing to infect the populace, but Extremis is something that affects people at a genetic level. I imagine some people would get very upset at Tony having that kind of power, and I can see this yet again putting him at odds with pretty much everybody.

EDIT: Reading SJH's comment, we'll just have to wait and see what this new Extremis is.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    So like Batman and the Outsiders?

Kinda ironic when Falcon is not even the leader of the team.
    For all we know he will be taking over.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Trying to figure out the Spider-Man on that team. Does this mean we're getting 616 Miles Morales?
    Ewing has said it's Peter Parker.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Just give me more wrecking crew and masters of evil and I will be happy...

BANNED

Really excited for Captain America and the Mighty Avengers! Now if only we can get Sam in the Illuminati some how and my fan dreams will be fully complete!

i read through he announcements and think... Eric Stephenson was right... Marvel just can't/won't get away from rehashing the old concepts and old characters.

not a single thing of interest.

Fantastic Member

Why is Captain America so old? He was probably in his 20s during WWII and then he was frozen/in suspended animation until thawed out by the Avengers. He would have those extra years added to his age. I think he was in the alternate dimension for around 12 years but I was never sure that this was physical but am not sure. Even if that time is added to his age, he still wouldn't be older than 45 or so. Just wondering...
    Last edited by Bluebolt1967; 07-25-2014 at 01:49 PM.

Fantastic Member

Default Hickman's Avengers

Didn't seem to be too much discussion about Hickman's Avengers. Hopefully this means that it will be ending somewhat soon. It's been pretty good series so far, but Marvel's flagship title should be accessible for all folks who might want to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebolt1967 View Post
    Why is Captain America so old? He was probably in his 20s during WWI and then he was frozen/in suspended animation until thawed out by the Avengers. He would have those extra years added to his age. I think he was in the alternate dimension for around 12 years but I was never sure that this was physical but am not sure. Even if that time is added to his age, he still wouldn't be older than 45 or so. Just wondering...
    THE SSS was keeping him young. He no longer has that and his cells aged rapidly because of it...Or something like that...

BANNED

so we still don't have the cover for thor#1....are they really gonna hold onto the image?

Spectacular Member

Didn't seem to be too much discussion about Hickman's Avengers. Hopefully this means that it will be ending somewhat soon. It's been pretty good series so far, but Marvel's flagship title should be accessible for all folks who might want to read it.
    It's ending in April or May.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    THE SSS was keeping him young. He no longer has that and his cells aged rapidly because of it...Or something like that...
    I would understand that if he were actually walking around from WWII to the present but he's been a Capsicle from WWII up until about 10 years ago (Marvel time). Physically, even without the super soldier serum, he would be in his 30s in present day Marvel Universe because of the suspended animation. Even if the time in dimension Z is added to his age, he still wouldn't be too old. Not a big problem for me as I'll be buying the Sam Wilson Captain America comics but it doesn't make any sense to me.

Why is Captain America so old? He was probably in his 20s during WWII and then he was frozen/in suspended animation until thawed out by the Avengers. He would have those extra years added to his age. I think he was in the alternate dimension for around 12 years but I was never sure that this was physical but am not sure. Even if that time is added to his age, he still wouldn't be older than 45 or so. Just wondering...
    its comics.

If you want to try to look at it through a rational lens being frozen doesn't stop the aging process just slows it, you know assuming he somehow could survive being frozen that long and wouldn't just die like anything else would.
    The J-man

BANNED

I really appreciated that they did not side-step any questions. The Avengers line is going to be huge with something for everyone.

All-New Member

Ha ha wow there's absolutely no mention of Hickman's Avengers?? That's like my favorite series Marvel's publishing at the moment.

Guess it isn't gimmicky enough for All New Marvel NOW!