Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My Post Just Got DELETED!!!??? lol...

So, yesterday I made a post about Tom King, discussing some of the issues I have with his writing. I wasn's bashing him with personal attacks nor being hateful/uncivil towards anyone... I don't get it, what's the point of having these forums if you cant even have a normal discussion with people about comics and the things you both do and don't like. Talk about censorship!!! What's this world coming to? You just cant talk about anything anymore without offending someone, it's like walking on eggshells. It's reached the point where I'm afraid to even open my mouth in public. Its crazy, people getting fired over jokes and stuff they've said more than 10 years ago...(sigh)

"It's all a joke...So why can't you see the funny side? Why aren't you laughing?"

Incredible Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

That weird. It was a pretty entertaining thread. I was sad to see it go.

I thought it was a good thread.

It wasn't just a thread to bash. People were giving their honest opinions and criticisms with their reasoning's behind it.
    Favorite Heroes - Flash/Wally West, Superman, Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, Nightwing, Hawkman, Firestorm, Supergirl/Linda Danvers, Zatanna, Robin/Tim Drake.

Current Comics Picking Up - Action Comics, Superman, Catwoman, Hawkman, Justice League Dark.
    Go Go Power Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerr View Post
    You just cant talk about anything anymore without offending someone, it's like walking on eggshells. It's reached the point where I'm afraid to even open my mouth in public
    What are you saying in public that your afraid to open your mouth

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I thought it was a good thread.

It wasn't just a thread to bash. People were giving their honest opinions and criticisms with their reasoning's behind it.
    So it was a bashing thread, but some post actually gave valid criticisms.
    Dry your face, and bury the good man. The people need their king

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    What are you saying in public that your afraid to open your mouth

So it was a bashing thread, but some post actually gave valid criticisms.
    Ok, First of all, it's "you're"
    Secondly, that was a bit of an exaggeration, but come on, you know perfectly well what I meant by it. Say a joke that someone takes the wrong way or pretty much anything that isn't considered "politically correct" and people will butcher you.

And No. It wasn't a bashing thread. Everyone was merely putting in their 2 cents on what they liked about Kings work and what they thought he did poorly. If you call that "bashing" then I advise you to look up the definition. I mean haven't you ever discussed a movie or something that you did or did not like? How is this any different?

And lastly, I have nothing to dry. It's just kinda ironic that we're not allowed to have a simple discussion about comics but for some reason, it's perfectly acceptable for someone to decapitate the president on national television. Think about that for a little bit. And as always have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by Jokerr; 10-11-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Secondly, that was a bit of an exaggeration, but come on, you know perfectly well what I meant by it. Say a joke that someone takes the wrong way or pretty much anything that isn't considered "politically correct" and people will butcher you.

And No. It wasn't a bashing thread. Everyone was merely putting in there 2 cents on what they liked about Kings work and what they thought he did poorly. If you call that "bashing" then I advise you to look up the definition. I mean haven't you ever discussed a movie or something that you did or did not like? How is this any different?

And lastly, I have nothing to dry. It's just kinda ironic that we're not allowed to have a simple discussion about comics but for some reason, it's perfectly acceptable for someone to decapitate the president on national television. Think about that for a little bit. And as always have a wonderful day!
    1) See, this is what I don't get, especially the whole "it's like walking on eggshells", it's your prerogative to say a dirty/bad joke but how hard is it to know your audience...I know full well that I can tell certain jokes to my family that I shouldn't tell strangers and coworkers. It's something you learn very early on (IMO) as a kid.

If I write something online for all to see that's offensive or tell a bad joke, then it's on me and I shouldn't be surprised if (some) people butcher me because of it.

2) @wallywestflash said "It wasn't just a thread to bash" meaning that the thread could be viewed (even if it was a little bit) as bashing king. What was the thread called again?

3) First, let me say that I'm not a fan of Trump but I found what she did distasteful and sick. With that said, that's her right and you can probably imagine all the hate she got because of that decision (what was she thinking ). Didn't Hollywood also approve a movie where two Americans try to kill Kim Jong-un, another stupid decision but hey! \_(ツ)_/

Now let me tell you why the whole Trump thing and the thread are different and it's simply because of where the thread was posted, if this was on Reddit then it probably would have been fine but it wasn't and as you know CBR has rules. One of which prevents going after comic writers, because the CBR Community is a safe space for both fan and creators. The thread title really didn't help.
    Dry your face, and bury the good man. The people need their king

Ultimate Member

And No. It wasn't a bashing thread. Everyone was merely putting in their 2 cents on what they liked about Kings work and what they thought he did poorly. If you call that "bashing" then I advise you to look up the definition. I mean haven't you ever discussed a movie or something that you did or did not like? How is this any different?

Well, c'mon...Griffin was condemned across the board and ultimately apologized for that photo. It was not perfectly acceptable to most people.

Since you chose to open it up to the community by making a thread about it, for me it boils down to two things:
    -- CBR has rules against trashing creatives.
    -- the title of the thread (and from what I recall of the first post, but since it's gone I can't call up any quotations) was not indicative of someone looking for thoughtful insights or balanced discussion. (regardless of whether or not other people offered thoughtful opinions)

People can say what they want, but long before anyone was trying to be "PC" there's always been simple basic courtesy and being respectful of others. Not agreeing with "PC" doesn't equal being discourteous or rude then acting like a victim who's "not allowed" to say whatever they want when faced with the repercussions of your words.

To be fair it was my first post and I wasn't completely aware of how strict CBR rules were. I didn't see the thread as being offensive or rude towards anyone and was taken by surprise when it got deleted. It's kind of hard to have a discussion about anything without meeting clashing opinions. So I don't see that as not being courteous. However I will keep this in mind for the future even though I don't agree with it.

It's understandable - we're all passionate fans and obviously different forums each have their own standards, codes of conduct, etc. Creators do stop by here sometimes, so I think CBR wants this to be seen as a hospitable place for them as well as any other member. I hope this hasn't soured you to posting here as we all have more in common than not with our love for this medium.

Spectacular Member

To be fair it was my first post and I wasn't completely aware of how strict CBR rules were. I didn't see the thread as being offensive or rude towards anyone and was taken by surprise when it got deleted. It's kind of hard to have a discussion about anything without meeting clashing opinions. So I don't see that as not being courteous. However I will keep this in mind for the future even though I don't agree with it.
    I think this could have been avoided with a more neutral title for the thread.

I did not enter the thread, but this seemed like a place to bash Tom King just for the title.

Astonishing Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I think this could have been avoided with a more neutral title for the thread.

I did not enter the thread, but this seemed like a place to bash Tom King just for the title.
    I thought the thread was mostly valid criticism, but the thread title was problematic and set a "bashing" tone, even if unintended.

That being said I think the solution was probably for a moderator to change the title and announce in the thread to stay away from excessive negative remarks targeted at King, but it's not my place to decide that.

this is really something you should message the mods or administrator about if you're curious. We don't have control over this. If a mod deemed something violated the rules or spirit of the forum that is why it got removed.

I made a thread analyzing the Batman & Batgirl pairing and how the characters were initially conceived years ago vs now, but that thread got removed right away. I don't know why and probably never will so you've just got to let it go.
    The J-man

I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

It violated the rules. It was literally called something along the lines of "Is no one else sick of Tom King . . ." so it can be assumed where the conversation was going to go from there (CBR doesn't allow bashing of creatives, it can get lost amongst comments but when its in the title, its just asking for trouble). Censorship, maybe, but its also in the rules so you shouldn't have been surprised it was removed.

Fantastic Member SixSpeedSamurai's Avatar

Dr. Manhattan is afoot.
    Batman #300-
    Detective Comics #574-