Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

That was fun to read. It shows off Mystique's narcissism extremely well. She virtually weaponized it.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

That's pretty hmmm creepy and stuff

Well hopefully she ends up rescuing that mutant girl that would help make this ... more palatable for me overall

Not interested in the En Sabah story but meh

I hope this author remembers that Mystique's like mental issues were resolved in Uncanny vol 3. So she shouldn't be just "omg Im gonna do bad stuff now b/c its fun". Hopefully.. there are reasons for it... and a plan....

In Weapon X at least Mystique was pretty able to carry on conversations and work together on a team.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Looks better than the Mojo one

Very intriguing, but I'm hoping for more with Mystique. She's one of those characters who never seems to find a stable role in the X-books. She seemed to get something going in Astonishing, but that didn't last. Now that Magneto is back to being a classic villain again, maybe she can find a role with him. Only time will tell, I guess.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I hope this author remembers that Mystique's like mental issues were resolved in Uncanny vol 3. So she shouldn't be just "omg Im gonna do bad stuff now b/c its fun". Hopefully.. there are reasons for it... and a plan....
    In an interview when she talks about Mystique, at one point, she says it's clear Mystique will never get Destiny back, so she will always have a "Let the world burn" mentality and do whatever she wants & look out for herself.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-12-2018 at 08:22 AM.

I was iffy on this at first but now I am sold! Looking forward to reading the whole thing.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

This reminds me of the way Mystique used to be written. All those intricate identities and manipulations.

I wouldn't mind if Marvel went with one-off/LS like this if it gave characters some focus and it was well written.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    This reminds me of the way Mystique used to be written. All those intricate identities and manipulations.

I wouldn't mind if Marvel went with one-off/LS like this if it gave characters some focus and it was well written.
    I agree with this. Maybe they can start fleshing her out a little more again. I remember for a very brief period she was keeping an eye on Destiny's family, but then Sabretooth killed Destiny's daugher and son-in law, while kidnapping her grandson Trevor. If he's not dead or depowered maybe they can bring him back one day.