Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Supergirl is stealing Brainiac from Superman???

Is this true???

That’s the rumor. It would be a bitter irony if we finally got a film Brainiac and he doesn’t even fight Supes but it looks like they plan on just waiting for Cavill’s contract to expire so they can reboot Superman.

A maddening rumor, but as of now just a rumor.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Good God I really hope they dont do this! They need to have supergirl introduced in a man of steel sequel. She shouldn't be given a standalone film at first.

Re member

Was there actually an article or press release discussing a MoS2 script using Brainiac, or is this just fan chatter?

Brainiac should have been used in a Superman movie long before now, but they seem to only want to use Luthor and Zod. After 40 years and six movies using Brainiac in a Supergirl film feels more like adapting a villain the film studios refuse to use.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    Good God I really hope they dont do this! They need to have supergirl introduced in a man of steel sequel. She shouldn't be given a standalone film at first.
    Ideally she should be, but I think they could even get away with doing a solo movie for her first if it was done right. She should not get Brainiac's grand introduction though. I've said it before, by Cyborg Zor-El would be the perfect villain for her with Brainiac as the unseen Big Bad responsible for his creation. Then she AND Clark fight Brainiac proper in the next Superman movie where they meet.

And they need to meet at some point. Her not interacting with him should not go beyond this first film if it ends up happening. It would be distratingly bad if Superman cannot interact with his cousin and ONLY surviving relative on screen.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Who is that as Supergirl? Is that just some CGI image?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Who is that as Supergirl? Is that just some CGI image?
    That is Amber Heard that someone photoshopped into a Supergirl costume. She plays Mera in the Aquaman movie so I doubt they would cast her as Supergirl. Especially if Supergirl is going to be part of the DCEU.
    If I am thinking correctly at one time people were thinking she would be cast as Supergirl in the Supergirl TV show, so there were some pictures that people made to show what she would look like as Supergirl.

BANNED

Atleast Brainiac has history with Kara. On the other hand there's Birds of Prry featuring Cass, Harley, Canary, Huntress and Montoya that has Black Mask as the villain. A character who has nothing to do with those girls either individually or as part of BOP.

Mighty Member

... I wonder if making the Phantom Zone crew the first major antagonists of Superman in the DCEU was a mistake. Especially since it seems like we have had 3 alien invasions in the DCEU with the past few years...with them and then of course one of the Apokolips cronies I feel that Brainiac will feel like ground that has been covered...again. Granted Brainiac has quite a different spin (not caring about conquest, but more about data), but when thinking of the general audience there may be some alien fatigue when it comes to anything Superman related. I definitely agree that Brainiac's introduction shouldn't be given to Kara...heck...I'd say that for a good chunk of Superman's rogues...

If they used the city shrinking, it could at least provide some different visuals than what we usually get in these alien invasion movies. Especially if see it from the POV of the civilians trapped in the bottle.

I wonder if Kara's film being possibly set in the past doesn't automatically mean it will be set on Earth? I don't know how likely it would be that they use Argo escaping Krypton, but the citizens of Argo escaping one disaster only to be discovered by Brainiac/his drones is a potential plot. I can't imagine it ending on anything but a down note though, if they stick to the lore the denizens of Argo save Kara herself are pretty screwed. And they should be avoiding any downbeat endings for Super films for a while.

I've commented before on how I think a Supergirl movie could have Brainiac, but still preserve Brainiac as a Superman villain, but I think it's also worth pointing out how WB and DC have already perfected the art of Superman w/o Superman. Sometimes I feel like I'm flipping through panels of a Superman version of Garfield Minus Garfield. So, Brainiac as a Supergirl villain, while annoying, wouldn't necessarily be surprising...

Now I just feel like WB and DC are doing everything they can to damage Superman's image and his legend in favor of Supergirl...

Never thought I'd see that in my lifetime.

I can't even enjoy the CW Superman because he's just a very watered down, crappy version of the Greatest Superhero. A total downgrade. I just can't get excited about him at all. I don't find him inspirational or awesome. Nothing. He's just there to job to Supergirl and the others.

My only hope right now is the animated Return of the Supermen movie coming next year. At least in the first movie Superman was truly amazing and inspirational, IMO. Praying his return in Part 2 is really really good..

Astonishing Member

Use it or lose it man.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Use it or lose it man.
    If the plan is just to give Brainiac to Supergirl exclusively...better to lose it.

There's no reason they cannot use Zor-El or Reign and the World Killers for this. If the movie is good and Supergirl herself is embraced, they can use any antagonist. Foes of lesser renown have been used in the MCU films, to varying degrees of success, but are usually still in an overall solid movie.