Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Retired

I want a Superman movie that introduces Supergirl. But I could see how they could do a movie with Kara and Kal-El, but without Superman.

If the first third of the movie was set on Krypton and Kara Zor-El is a litte girl and Kal-El is a newborn--then they would both be on Krypton around when Brainiac attacks Kandor. The rest of the movie would have young Kal-El and Kara Zor-El both on Earth. But they are separated and she becomes Supergirl and battles Brainiac. However by the end of the picture, Supergirl would find Kal-El now Clark Kent living with the Kents on their farm.

I know that Hollywood would like to cast some sexy adult actress as Kara Zor-El, but I think it would be better if Supergirl was much younger. That would help distinguish her from the TV show Supergirl and it would give them the kid angle, like with SHAZAM!

The movie could also operate as a backdoor reboot for Superman as they would change some of his early origin story and put new actors in the place of Jor-El, Lara Lor-Van, Jonathan Kent and Martha Clark Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Atleast Brainiac has history with Kara. On the other hand there's Birds of Prry featuring Cass, Harley, Canary, Huntress and Montoya that has Black Mask as the villain. A character who has nothing to do with those girls either individually or as part of BOP.
    Yes, it's not really stealing a villain from Superman if they have shared a villain in the past. Just like Superman didn't steal Reactron from Supergirl, even though Reactron was introduced in a Supergirl story
    and later stories had Superman dealing with Reactron.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Supergirl has more right than anyone else to borrow Brainiac, but he's still one of Superman's arch enemies. One that has been specifically requested by fans to see him go up against for a while. He's historically been a Superman villain first and foremost, she has plenty of justifiable in-story reasons to borrow him, but borrow is precisely what it is. That doesn't mean people don't want to see Supergirl encounter Brainiac on the big screen, but she and Clark are not interchangeable characters, the group who wants to see a Superman vs. Brainiac story are not going to be wholly satisfied if it's Supergirl instead. Especially in light of the the films repeatedly only using Lex and Zod, and poorly at that.

Reaction is much more minor villain, Superman has fought him but not in anything notable, so the situations are hard to compare. Black Mask is similarly just another face among the misc. C and D list Batman villains so throwing him against some female members of the extended Bat-cast is not a big deal. Bruce can miss out on meeting him on the big screen and not be phased.

There is nothing stopping a Superman movie from using Brainiac too if and when a Superman movie ever gets made. Look how many times Lex Luthor and Zod have been used.
    I doubt they would be having Supergirl kill off Brainiac, so he would most likely still be around in the DCEU, or whatever they are calling it, for future use. And it might be such
    a long time before a new Superman movie comes out that people won't even care that Brainiac was in a Supergirl movie years before.

BANNED

Brainiac will lose the novelty factor if he first shows up in a Supergirl film. It wont feel as special the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Brainiac will lose the novelty factor if he first shows up in a Supergirl film. It wont feel as special the second time.
    Exactly. Supergirl has no right to fight Brainiac before Superman does in live action. I hate that she just steals his villains. WB just don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Exactly. Supergirl has no right to fight Brainiac before Superman does in live action. I hate that she just steals his villains. WB just don't understand.
    I'd be okay if Brainiac merely appeared in a Supergirl movie before appearing in a Superman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I'd be okay if Brainiac merely appeared in a Supergirl movie before appearing in a Superman movie.
    Yeah same. A a full blown confrontation is a no-no for me, alluding to him heavily would be less of big deal. She has other villains they can use with him being the Big Bad behind the scenes, building up to a confrontation between him and Clark that also heavily involves her.

I am A-OKAY with this.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah same. A a full blown confrontation is a no-no for me, alluding to him heavily would be less of big deal. She has other villains they can use with him being the Big Bad behind the scenes, building up to a confrontation between him and Clark that also heavily involves her.
    At least someone gets me. :/

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Use it or lose it man.
    Yep, they had plenty of times to use him but instead decided to use the same two. If the writers weren't confident enough to find a way to introduce him, then let someone who's a part of Supermans circle have a crack at it.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    No one is stealing anything. DC and WB owns all the characters and can use them how they see fit. Superman doesn't own Brainiac. Superman just gets to use Brainiac once in a while and
    in the comic books Supergirl gets to use Brainiac once in a while. So what if Supergirl gets to use Brainiac in a movie? It's not like anyone was eager to use Brainiac in the six previous solo
    Superman movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    No one is stealing anything. DC and WB owns all the characters and can use them how they see fit. Superman doesn't own Brainiac. Superman just gets to use Brainiac once in a while and
    in the comic books Supergirl gets to use Brainiac once in a while. So what if Supergirl gets to use Brainiac in a movie? It's not like anyone was eager to use Brainiac in the six previous solo
    Superman movies.
    Its Superman's franchise. Of course he owns Brainiac. He fights him far more often than Supergirl does. She's an extension of the franchise like Lois, Jimmy and Krypto are, not the main. Same as the Bat Family with Batman.

Fans have wanted to see Brainiac in a movie for years. Them not being eager to use him doesn't mean anything. What they did use didn't amount to much for a multitude of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Its Superman's franchise. Of course he owns Brainiac. He fights him far more often than Supergirl does. She's an extension of the franchise like Lois, Jimmy and Krypto are, not the main. Same as the Bat Family with Batman.

Fans have wanted to see Brainiac in a movie for years. Them not being eager to use him doesn't mean anything. What they did use didn't amount to much for a multitude of reasons.
    "DC and WB owns all the characters and can use them how they see fit."

fans wanting to see Brainiac in a superman movie doesn't mean anything to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Superman movies.
    I've been waiting since I found out the computer in Superman III was once in an early draft going to be Brainiac so yeah I've been waiting for Brainiac decades and it does irk me if the first time we see him on the big screen was a Supergirl over Superman who is his primary nemesis. Superman has a nice rogues gallery but not a ton of A-Listers and he shouldn't lose one of his biggest to his cousin.