Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 127
  1. #76
    Extraordinary Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The back half of the Satellite League, minus Hawkman;

    1. Green Arrow
    2. Black Canary
    3. Hawkwoman
    4. Red Tornado
    5. Atom
    6. Elongated Man (and Sue)
    7. Firestorm
    8. Zatanna
    Although slightly different results had a similar ideal team in mind- https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3308904


    in the order they joined:

    (1961) Green Arrow Justice League of America #4
    (1962) Atom Justice League of America #14
    (1964) Hawkman Justice League of America #31
    (1969) Black Canary Justice League of America #74
    (1973) Elongated Man & Red Tornado Justice League of America #105-#106
    (1977) Hawkgirl Justice League of America #146
    (1978) Zatanna Justice League of America #161
    (1979) Black Lightning* Justice League of America #173 *although he hadn't joined at the time in the 80s he was the next to join in the JL newspaper strip.

    Yeah I skipped tornado
    And to extend to 10-12 here I'd add Vixen, Vibe and Star-Light Kimiyo Hoshi, Steel.

    Last edited by Güicho; 10-15-2018 at 05:44 PM.

  2. #77
    Incredible Member Jovan2013's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    695

    Default

    JL 12 Ideal team.jpg

    1) Superman - team's big gun and the figurehead.
    2) Batman - team's strategist, detective, field leader and consultant.
    3) Wonder Woman - team's tactician and combat specialist; connection to Themyscire and the divine.
    4) Aquaman - connection to Atlantis, the oceans and Atlantean mysticism.
    5) The Flash - team's speedster and co-scientist; connection to time-travel and the multiverse.
    6) Green Lantern (John Stewart) - connection to the GL Corps and space.
    7) Martian Manhunter - a living swiss army knife; Chairperson.
    8) Cyborg - team's co-scientist and technological expert; connection to the New Gods.
    9) Hawkwoman - living archive of Nth metal and hidden mysteries; connection to Thanagar.
    10) Zatanna - team's magician; connection to magic.
    11) Vixen - brand ambassador and public relations; connection to the Red.
    12) Black Canary - spokesperson; connection to the streets.
    Last edited by Jovan2013; 10-15-2018 at 05:42 PM.

  3. #78

  4. #79
    Amazing Member Jasmine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    59

    Default

    1. Batman
    2. Nightwing
    3. Superman
    4. Wonder Woman
    5. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    6. Flash (Barry Allen)
    7. Martian Manhunter
    8. Zatanna
    9. Atom (Ray Palmer)
    10. Starfire
    11. Black Canary
    12. Green Arrow

  5. #80
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,846

    Default

    does the satellite justice league reach 12? because that would be my list...

    (superman, batman, green lantern (hal), flash (barry), wonder woman, green arrow, black canary, hawkman, hawkwoman, zatanna, elongated man, red tornado... who am i missing?)

  6. #81
    Mighty Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Although slightly different results had a similar ideal team in mind- https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3308904


    in the order they joined:

    (1961) Green Arrow Justice League of America #4
    (1962) Atom Justice League of America #14
    (1964) Hawkman Justice League of America #31
    (1969) Black Canary Justice League of America #74
    (1973) Elongated Man & Red Tornado Justice League of America #105-#106
    (1977) Hawkgirl Justice League of America #146
    (1978) Zatanna Justice League of America #161
    (1979) Black Lightning* Justice League of America #173 *although he hadn't joined at the time in the 80s he was the next to join in the JL newspaper strip.

    Yeah I skipped tornado
    And to extend to 10-12 here I'd add Vixen, Vibe and Star-Light Kimiyo Hoshi, Steel.

    I REALLY like this team

  7. #82
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    JL 12 Ideal team.jpg

    1) Superman - team's big gun and the figurehead.
    2) Batman - team's strategist, detective, field leader and consultant.
    3) Wonder Woman - team's tactician and combat specialist; connection to Themyscire and the divine.
    4) Aquaman - connection to Atlantis, the oceans and Atlantean mysticism.
    5) The Flash - team's speedster and co-scientist; connection to time-travel and the multiverse.
    6) Green Lantern (John Stewart) - connection to the GL Corps and space.
    7) Martian Manhunter - a living swiss army knife; Chairperson.
    8) Cyborg - team's co-scientist and technological expert; connection to the New Gods.
    9) Hawkwoman - living archive of Nth metal and hidden mysteries; connection to Thanagar.
    10) Zatanna - team's magician; connection to magic.
    11) Vixen - brand ambassador and public relations; connection to the Red.
    12) Black Canary - spokesperson; connection to the streets.
    I really like this team, I mean the presentation helps but I keep looking over it wanting to take off maybe just one person and add someone else but it works so good with mix of tradition,roles and interpersonal stuff. I can't get rid of anyone, sneak in Ryan Choi as 13th.Thats how I would imagine modern Justice League to look
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-18-2018 at 03:56 AM.

  8. #83
    Astonishing Member Vinsanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,455

    Default

    I'm going to go a little generic

    1. Superman
    2. Batman
    3. Wonder Woman
    4. Aquaman
    5. Flash - Barry
    6. Cyborg
    7. Starfire
    8. Green Lantern - Jessica Cruz
    9. Black Canary
    10. Hawkgirl
    11. Black Lightning
    12. Poison Ivy - Why not try something diff.

  9. #84
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    does the satellite justice league reach 12? because that would be my list...

    (superman, batman, green lantern (hal), flash (barry), wonder woman, green arrow, black canary, hawkman, hawkwoman, zatanna, elongated man, red tornado... who am i missing?)
    aquaman, atom, and firestorm (some may count j'onn j'onzz as well because he was a founding member of the original JLA, but he left and was never a member during the satellite years).

  10. #85
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,837

    Default

    The Phantom Stranger was actually a member of the satellite Justice League, but his participation was sparse.
    "Whatever happens, nothing ruffles Ralph's wife Sue! Just looking at her makes you realize that everything's all right in the world--and probably always will be!"--Batman, DETECTIVE COMICS 343.

  11. #86
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The Phantom Stranger was actually a member of the satellite Justice League, but his participation was sparse.
    I think we already had this discussion* as to whether he really was a member or not. It seemed like it may have depended on the writer at the time (like Steve Englehart), but he was not a regularly active member compared to most others.

    *(See posts #47, #52, and #53.)

  12. #87
    Incredible Member Jovan2013's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I really like this team, I mean the presentation helps but I keep looking over it wanting to take off maybe just one person and add someone else but it works so good with mix of tradition,roles and interpersonal stuff. I can't get rid of anyone, sneak in Ryan Choi as 13th.Thats how I would imagine modern Justice League to look
    The Atom was one of my final choices but I already had 12 members on my list, and both Cyborg and The Flash are already on the list as the resident scientists, if I had 13 members then I would have put him in.

  13. #88
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think we already had this discussion* as to whether he really was a member or not. It seemed like it may have depended on the writer at the time (like Steve Englehart), but he was not a regularly active member compared to most others.

    *(See posts #47, #52, and #53.)
    Oops! That's what I get for not looking at every post. Shame on me. Sorry to hit on a sensitive subject--but I figured PS had to have some official standing in the JLA because he participated in the 12 Trials of Wonder Woman and got to vote on her reinstatement as an active Justice Leaguer.
    "Whatever happens, nothing ruffles Ralph's wife Sue! Just looking at her makes you realize that everything's all right in the world--and probably always will be!"--Batman, DETECTIVE COMICS 343.

  14. #89
    Helping the Helpless Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,951

    Default

    Batman
    Superman
    Wonder Woman
    The Flash (Wally)
    Green Lantern (John)
    Hawkgirl (Shayara)
    Martian Manhunter
    Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
    Black Canary
    The Question (Vic Sage)
    Aquaman
    Wally West deserved better than Heroes in Crisis

    Pull List:

    DC: JUSTICE LEAGUE, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY, ACTION COMICS, LEVIATHAN, LAST KNIGHT ON EARTH

    MARVEL: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, WEB OF VENOM, ABSOLUTE CARNAGE, DAREDEVIL, HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, FANTASTIC FOUR

    BOOM STUDIOS: BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, ANGEL

  15. #90
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Oops! That's what I get for not looking at every post. Shame on me. Sorry to hit on a sensitive subject--but I figured PS had to have some official standing in the JLA because he participated in the 12 Trials of Wonder Woman and got to vote on her reinstatement as an active Justice Leaguer.
    Well, I'm not saying you're wrong about his having membership, just that it seems a bit ill-defined as to how much of a member he may truly been. (For instance, I don't remember if he ever had monitor duty during those satellite days.) He did seem to be more of a member than either Adam Strange or Metamorpho were during that time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •