Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Superior Spider-Man with Mister Freeze and Batman

Basically Mister Freeze finds himself dying from his condition and determined to ensure he and Nora must survive manages to learn Batman's identity and swaps bodies with him (without the knowledge of the rest of the Bat Family). After Bruce seemingly dies inside Victor's old body Victor finds himself convinced enough to carry on Bruce's work as the 'Superior Batman', using Wayne tech to secretly fund Nora's treatment and put his hated rivals Gothcorp out of business whilst working at Batman in his own scientific if more amoral way.

How might Victor do as Batman, how would he adapt the concept, how quickly would he ostracize the rest of his team and Alfred, or do you think he might actually do a decent job?

The main reason Superior Spider Man worked, was Peter was a solo act. With occasions in the Avengers. So he did his thing.

Batman has the whole damn Bat Family, Justice League ( who are closer than Avengers) and if MJ could tell Peter was not right in the head.. well, Alfred in first five minutes figured out this ruse.

I would love to see this Bat Man freeze and shatter Jomer though but I doubt it would stick.

The other important thing to consider is that Pete’s reflexes, Spidey-sense, strength, durability, agility etc are what he largely relies on, and they come as a package with the body.

Bruce largely relies on his intellect, his detective skills and his learnt skills (both martial and otherwise). And all of those go poof when the brain isn’t there.

Superior Spider-Man is Spider-Man with less restraint and an even greater genius at the wheel.

Superior Batman would be Batman with a similar intellect but a lot less core skills. He’d actually be Inferior Batman.

Oh definitively. Considering Mr Creeze only had his science, so could see him rig up power armor but anyone competent knows it is not Batman. Hell Batman talks to Gordon.

Peter never had that save for Detective Wolf and Captain Stacy who died

Actually if you’d stuck to the alliteration and gone with Superior Superman instead (with either Lex or Brainy in Clark’s body), it’d work much better.

Especially Lex Luthor. If well written would be a gold mine especially when he discovers the secret is “really” is Clark Kent. As Lex was told at a point but could not believe it.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Especially Lex Luthor. If well written would be a gold mine especially when he discovers the secret is “really” is Clark Kent. As Lex was told at a point but could not believe it.

See? Lex being Super Man would be comedy gold for that. I picture Brainac to be way more well superior though.