Default Spam in article comments

The "make money on the internet" spam that appears to be largely Indian in origin is out of hand in the article comments, often outnumbering the actual comments themselves. Are there plans to deal with this?

I realize the article comments are Facebook-powered, because when I click "Mark as spam", I am asked to log in to Facebook. But surely there must be some way to automatically filter this junk, rather than rely on people to do it manually.

The forums don't have any involvement with that sort of thing on the main site, you'd have to contact them directly.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Isn't that what the administrators say about everything? That's the ONLY answer I've ever seen
    Please Remain Calm

If it's anything to do with the main site, yes that is what you will hear us say. Why? Because it is the way things are.
    The Forum Admins and Mods work only on the forums. We have no involvement on the main CBR site.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Ask them to remove the 10 character limit and you'll get an answer

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Isn't that what the administrators say about everything? That's the ONLY answer I've ever seen
    'Cuz maybe that's the correct answer?

If the people who supervise the Forum section don't have anything to do with running the main site, what are the people who supervise just the Forum section suppose to do about it?

I know this is an old thread, but I was coming here to post this same thing and found this thread. It really is annoying to see: "I get paid blah blah blah" with every article that has comments. It's not a big deal, but you'd think there would be some way to stop this spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I was coming here to post this same thing and found this thread. It really is annoying to see: "I get paid blah blah blah" with every article that has comments. It's not a big deal, but you'd think there would be some way to stop this spamming.
    Perhaps you need to contact people at CBR directly.
    The people who supervise the Forums/Community section aren't responsible for the articles and the comments section on the main site.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Perhaps you need to contact people at CBR directly.
    The people who supervise the Forums/Community section aren't responsible for the articles and the comments section on the main site.
    Great...thanks for the tip. Not a big deal really, but I'm surprised at just how much spam is on here.

Great...thanks for the tip. Not a big deal really, but I'm surprised at just how much spam is on here.
    On here (the Forums / Community section) or on the main CBR site itself?

At least here on the Forums, if you report the Spam threads/replies, they should be removed within a semi-reasonable amount of time.

I'm referring to the comments on every news article on cbr. The comments on nearly every article has people posting about making money, spamming the comments. I should've been more clear.

I'm referring to the comments on every news article on cbr. The comments on nearly every article has people posting about making money, spamming the comments. I should've been more clear.
    Well, it's just that you say "here"
    but it's not "here" on the Forums/Community section where you posted the comment saying "here". So that can be misleading/confusing to anyone other than you (since you're the one who knows what you meant). But that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, it's just that you say "here"but it's not "here" on the Forums/Community section where you posted the comment saying "here". So that can be misleading/confusing to anyone other than you (since you're the one who knows what you meant). But that happens.
    Right.. and as I said.. "I should've been more clear." I didn't know/think that the boards are handled via a different entity and just assumed that CBR is an enitity which has the articles and the boards as a part of THEIR website. Again... NOT a big deal. Thank you for the clarification.

Please just forget I posted anything. I can just read past the 100 postings of "YOU CAN MAKE MONEY FROM YOUR HOME BLAH BLAH BLAH". Totally not an issue. Thanks