Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jade_nova View Post
    What is Earth-8 and Earth-26?
    E-26, like Jody Garland said, is the world of Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew. E-8 is definitely a Marvel pastiche world: specifically, it's home to "The Rampaging Retaliators", who'll reportedly face off against Morrison's Justice League of the Multiverse in Multiversity #1.
    Buh-bye

Yeah, there were some glaring omissions at the end of blackest night in regard to white light resurrections. But the pay off to that wasn't too satisfying anyway.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    If Earth-1 isn't you know ... "Earth One", I'll have a hard time accepting it as anything but the original Golden Age DCU. I mean, it's Golden. Properly Golden, here. And we never did figure out what happened to the REAL Kal-L! Kingdom Come dude wasn't who Power Girl was looking for! Or however that mess went.
    It could represent a Revised version of Pre-52 Universe. Morrison said the Pre-52 wasn't there specifically, but that doesn't mean there could be an Earth that is similar to the Pre-52.

Or it could be an golden age like world too.

We'll just have to wait for the guide book to come out in December or January.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Eh, new universe. We can just say GOLDEN AGE SUPERMAN is fine and perpetually in the 30s. The guy in IC and BN was just a doppelganger.

BANNED

So it looks like Earth 1 is an unborn earth. That's why it looks like a yellow ball of energy. We're seeing Krona in his multiversal prison, an energy entity that will eventually evolve into a reality very similar to the classic Earth 1. At this time, it's still Krona's prison.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    So it looks like Earth 1 is an unborn earth. That's why it looks like a yellow ball of energy. We're seeing Krona in his multiversal prison, an energy entity that will eventually evolve into a reality very similar to the classic Earth 1. At this time, it's still Krona's prison.
    I certainly prefer "vaguely classic DCU Earth" to "Earth where everyone except probably Wonder Woman is a dick". Though it would be somewhat appropriate for a world born of Krona and an interaction with the Marvel Universe to be a dark one. And yet, it's closer to the side of both New Genesis and Dream than E-0, so probably it's more sane and hopeful--likely not the one in the OGN's, then.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 08-06-2014 at 12:07 AM.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member

I think I already mentioned this some pages earlier, but I think that Earth-1 could All-Star Superman's earth (Supes evolved into a golden super-being at the end, if you remember).
    If it isn't, I would like to know if Morrison thought about a earth which could be a home for his most important super-creation.

Amazing Member

Wait why is E-8 Marvel again? The number looks like it's in the classic DC logo with the blue border and the stars [the 1980's one?]

Also I don't know about E-1, I had given up on Krona when they showed him in Jr sized in GL, but if any of those Earths are really him I would be extremely ecstatic, since that was such a terrific idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    I think I already mentioned this some pages earlier, but I think that Earth-1 could All-Star Superman's earth (Supes evolved into a golden super-being at the end, if you remember).
    If it isn't, I would like to know if Morrison thought about a earth which could be a home for his most important super-creation.
    The Just may well be it--it's the home of the Super-Sons concept he originally intended as an All-Star Superman spinoff, and it's said that on this world Luthor killed Superman, which may well be a reference to the events of All-Star. If E-1 is the All-Star world, I'd like to also see it include stuff like Alex Ross' Justice, Batman The Brave and the Bold--all the well-done nostalgic stories of recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonSaxon View Post
    Wait why is E-8 Marvel again? The number looks like it's in the classic DC logo with the blue border and the stars [the 1980's one?]
    It's been directly confirmed. And while the logo is clearly evocative of the DC bullet, it also therefore somewhat resembles the Fantastic Four logo.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    The Just may well be it--it's the home of the Super-Sons concept he originally intended as an All-Star Superman spinoff,
    ? Really? I think that Earth-16 was supposed to be the house of the Super-sons. As far as I know. nothing is known about Earth-1 so far.
    EDIT Never mind, I re-read your Post and I got your point, sorry.

Anyway, what I meant is that I'd like to think of Earth-1 as a Morrison earth, in the same way we have a Chaykin earth and a Miller earth. Maybe on Earth 1 both All-Star Superman and Wonder Woman earth-1 happened.

(By the way... Has someone confirmed that Earth one - the comics line, not the alternative earth we are talking about - is not a shared universe?)
    Last edited by Myskin; 08-06-2014 at 04:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

Didio has said it's not a shared universe, I believe.

I LOVE the multiversity Ad copy in the back of today's books, by the way. So much fun. They certainly dedicated enough space (8 pages!) to it, too!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Didio has said it's not a shared universe, I believe.

I LOVE the multiversity Ad copy in the back of today's books, by the way. So much fun. They certainly dedicated enough space (8 pages!) to it, too!
    The AD copy confirmed Doug Mahnke as one of the artists (rather predictable, by the way). Probably on the Master Men issue.
    As for the last unannounced artist (I think that Ivan Reis will draw the final book, too), I'd place my bet on Gene Ha. He was on Morrison's Authority, which included a trip to the real world, too.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, Ivan Reis is definitely drawing the last book.

And Gene Ha is a good guess. Burnham is a confirmed no, and Sook is busy with Future's End design and covers. That doesn't leave many other 'regular' collaborators, but for Frazer Irving. I'd love to see Irving (even more than Ha, actually) but it seems unlikely.

The 'all style, no substance' earth might have been well served by Jim Lee on art. I prefer the quality of Ben Oliver's work, but I can't help but think Lee would have been the more lucrative choice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Yeah, Ivan Reis is definitely drawing the last book.

And Gene Ha is a good guess. Burnham is a confirmed no, and Sook is busy with Future's End design and covers. That doesn't leave many other 'regular' collaborators, but for Frazer Irving. I'd love to see Irving (even more than Ha, actually) but it seems unlikely.

The 'all style, no substance' earth might have been well served by Jim Lee on art. I prefer the quality of Ben Oliver's work, but I can't help but think Lee would have been the more lucrative choice.
    Irving is currently at work on a Morrison title for Legendary
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...icle&id=47016/

Jim Lee would be a bizarre choice IMHO, if Morrison wants to give us an impression of the real world.

I just hope that it is not another Tony Daniel/Georges Janty/Lee Garbett stituation.