Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    I'll provide some links that mention it in a bit.

"5.1 A Potential Team-Up of the Big Three of Earth One" - http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/05...n-to-earth-one
    "5.2 The Earth One Line" - http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/03...the-multiverse
    "But these aren’t one-offs. We’re talking ongoing series of OGNs in a new continuity, on a new Earth." - http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2009/12...e-to-earth-one
    "We’re planning on doing two novels a year and set in this new universe, we’re getting unlimited creative freedom that we couldn’t have in current continuity." - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43302

without a doubt, the Earth One line was planned as a shared universe with no continuity. Teen Titans: Earth One just isn't linked with the events of any other books yet. What happens there doesn't affect any other book, but it 'is' in the same universe. If they do have a team-up or crossover, it'll be like how the JSA and JLA both first started - just took a bunch of characters who were being published at the time and threw them into a book together. the continuity comes later.

and it's where there aren't any adult superheroes "yet". thats pretty vague and telling at the same time. before superman? before batman? before they become well known public heroes?
    On March 28th of this year, I asked Dan DiDio on his Facebook Page:

The announcement of the Teen Titans: Earth One OGN. and Jeff Lemire's stating that the graphic novel doesn't tie into the other Earth One books leaves me with a few questions: Is the Earth One a shared universe or just the name for the line of books?

If the Earth One of the OGN line isn't the Earth One of the New 52 Multiverse, then is Prime Earth essentially the Earth One of the New 52?

Thanks!

Dan's Answer:

Earth One is a shared concept, but not a shared Universe, we have the New 52 to tell stories like that.

So, it would seem Earth 1 is different from the Earth One OGN line.

Hope that helps.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Melwicker View Post
    Ha! The Atom has got what appears to be the astronomical symbol for the Sun (or the molecular structure of hydrogen) on his head!
    To explain: The circle with a dot in the center is the symbol for the sun. With a dot on the ring part of the circle as well as having a single dot in the center of the circle, the symbol becomes the molecular structure of hydrogen. Thus linking hydrogen with the sun.
    This links the Superhero known as the Atom with the stars and with nuclear fusion power.
    Yes, I knew it (I remember something about chemistry from high school). The point is, "classic" Al Pratt didn't have the symbol on his forehead.
    The fact that he does have it know, conceptually speaking, links him to the Quantum Superman/Doc Manhattan, and therefore to the Superman concept (The Quantum Superman, in Morrison's words in Superman Beyond, is an evolution of the classic Man of Steel).
    But the Atom/Superman link was already present in the aborted project Superman Now/Superman 2000.... The planned Waid/Morrison/Peyer/Millar relaunch which never came to fruition.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lange View Post

The announcement of the Teen Titans: Earth One OGN. and Jeff Lemire's stating that the graphic novel doesn't tie into the other Earth One books leaves me with a few questions: Is the Earth One a shared universe or just the name for the line of books?

If the Earth One of the OGN line isn't the Earth One of the New 52 Multiverse, then is Prime Earth essentially the Earth One of the New 52?

Thanks!

Dan's Answer:

Earth One is a shared concept, but not a shared Universe, we have the New 52 to tell stories like that.

Hope that helps.
    Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

penetrator of things

Thanks!

Dan's Answer:

Hope that helps.
    That's dumb and was definitely not their original plan.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Amazing Member

That's dumb and was definitely not their original plan.
    I can see how hard it would be to do as a shared universe as a OGN line, but you could avoid the confusion by not naming the line after a universe in your new Multiverse.

penetrator of things

I can see how hard it would be to do as a shared universe as a OGN line, but you could avoid the confusion by not naming the line after a universe in your new Multiverse.
    Plus, if in the long run they do turn out to never have anything to do with eachother, it's just the same as All-Star and every Elseworlds or What-If Story.
    @takoleeks

Plus, if in the long run they do turn out to never have anything to do with eachother, it's just the same as All-Star and every Elseworlds or What-If Story.
    The same kind of story but in a different format. OGNs attract a different crowd then monthly books.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Why did they name it Earth One? Why not come up with some trendy word, like Sensational, Adventure, Secret, etc.?

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Why did they name it Earth One? Why not come up with some trendy word, like Sensational, Adventure, Secret, etc.?
    Originally, they definitely were building one new universe with unrelated OGNs. Apparently, that's no longer the case.
    @takoleeks

Originally, they definitely were building one new universe with unrelated OGNs. Apparently, that's no longer the case.

Not surprising given DC's track record the past few years. They start with one idea or plan and then it changes. Take Pandora. To this day they have not addressed what they set-up in Flashpoint #5 and in Justice League #6.
    Last edited by Weapon X; 08-07-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    Not surprising given DC's track record the past few years. They start with one idea or plan and then it changes. Take Pandora. To this day they have not addressed what they set-up in Flashpoint #5 and in Justice League #6.
    Pretty sure you'll get some explanation of that either in Pandora's 5 Years Later or by next spring's event. DC is well aware that people want to know what that was about

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Pretty sure you'll get some explanation of that either in Pandora's 5 Years Later or by next spring's event. DC is well aware that people want to know what that was about
    You obviously have more faith in the DC editorial than I do my friend. Remember how she was introduced? She realigned reality (i.e., merged timelines) to prepare for "their" arrival. Who "they" are was never explained or followed up on. Then her origin was tied to "the box". She was the one who opened the box and let loose the 7 deadly sins which was supposed to be responsible for all the evil in the world. Then as plans for Trinity War were changed, he story was changed that it was a Boom Box and the sins weren't really sins. After Trinity War they didn't know what to do with her anymore since her main motivation (atoning for opening the box) was taken away, so they made her the avatar of hope in Forever Evil: Blight. I would love for them to address her continuity changes in a 5 years later issue the way they plan to do with Booster Gold, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

What will they do with Earth-33 (aka our world)?

Quote Originally Posted by Melwicker View Post
    What will they do with Earth-33 (aka our world)?
    Probably reboot Superboy-Prime and/or Ultraa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    This is rather common with ALL writers, you know. Lois McMasters Bujold named it Reserving The Right to Have a Better Idea. And Kevin Feige was talking about this at length about reshoots in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.