Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default New Map of the Multiverse by Grant Morrison

Several sites have this new map of the multi-verse based on Grant Morrison's concepts. Its pretty amazing. Can't wait for a higher resolution version to be available. I do see that there is a multiverse logo on the bottom. Could that mean that books Elseworlds are coming back after Multiversity gets going?

http://www.newsarama.com/21694-sdcc-...tiversity.html

I spy Bizarro World, and that makes me happy.

The map itself is fascinating arc welding, combining all of DC's disparate dimensions, from Hell, Heaven, the Dreaming and the Fourth World. I eagerly await a higher res version.

BANNED

very cool map. cool see the sphere of the gods.

new genesis has a special conection to 51 and apokolips to 6

Astonishing Member

I'm fascinated that like ... Earth 0, Earth 1, Earth 2, kind of reside on the "orderly" top right and left, where Earth 3 and Bizarro Earth clearly fall on the "Chaos" side where the nightmares come from. Rock of Eternity, too, an extra-dimensional spear pierced right into the heart of "Chaos Magic". It's also cool that Heaven and Hell aren't absolute 4-Dimensional Magic Idea Places - but New Genesis and Apokolips are - the two poles of the Idea-Sphere, which is of course, a Binary Construct. Which explains why when the Monitors left the "almost unwritten, almost blank page" that they exist in, and came into the lower dimensions ... they were instantly infected with "good and bad", split in two.

Because Darkseid is the ultimate Bad Idea.

So rad. Can't wait for a bigger image.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Did we really need a map of the multiverse? I always pictured them lined up one behind the other.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jade_nova View Post
    Did we really need a map of the multiverse? I always pictured them lined up one behind the other.
    Well, anything within the Bleed suspension, in the Orrery itself - the "Earths", the 52 Universes, can totally be represented in any possible way - lined up would imply you're seeing them up against a frequency scale, which makes sense and is easy to read - but isn't how frequencies work (they travel in three dimensional spheres or ripples, not in a straight line).

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Yay.

yay yay yay

KWYZZ of all things. KWYZZ.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Yay.

yay yay yay

KWYZZ of all things. KWYZZ.
    Googled. WIN. Morrison loves The Flash and I really need to look up his handful of issues. I suspect this is the home of the Djinn, specifically, too? Or were they from ZRFFF like the hyper-imps?
    Last edited by K. Jones; 07-25-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

Just a great bit of fun, I think. Nothing one needs to subscribe to absolutely, and one of the best parts about Morrison's narratives is that they tend to adapt to the reader, but it's just a wonderful bit of old school creativity and joy.

As always, Grant Morrison makes me feel like a kid again, without making me feel childish. Just great.

Awesome!

It's official, the Monitors and Over-Monitor are above the gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    very cool map. cool see the sphere of the gods.

new genesis has a special conection to 51 and apokolips to 6
    Morrison has talked about making Earth 51 a "Kirby World". A world where the Kamandi continuity exists and the New Gods rule like "the gods from Clash of the Titans" manipulating events.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-25-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Googled. WIN. Morrison loves The Flash and I really need to look up his handful of issues. I suspect this is the home of the Djinn, specifically, too? Or were they from ZRFFF like the hyper-imps?
    He cowrote a year with Mark Millar (though the last three issues were Millar alone; Kwyzz was from the last arc Morrison wrote, which is also one of the best Flash stories ever, The Human Race); Kwyzz is a land of living radio waves, no connection to the Djinn. They are indeed from the 5th dimension, as established in Morrison's own JLA arc Crisis Times Five.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member

He was last seen in the first issue of Vibe, in a minor cameo.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Everyone is going to give Morrison the credit for this, but damn, Rian Hughes is still the best designer in the industry. He makes everything better.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Everyone is going to give Morrison the credit for this, but damn, Rian Hughes is still the best designer in the industry. He makes everything better.
    I was going to counter with Hickman or Williams, but probably, yeah.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member

Absolutely. This is actually less elegant than I expect from him. His work is nothing short of BRILLIANT. I quite loved that (rare) sequential story we got from Hughs, Morrison and the Guardian a few months back.

I'm thrilled designers are getting more credit for the work they put in. A good designer makes all the difference.