Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The Rock of Eternity seems to be a channeling object that filters and distributes magic throughout the multiverse. Without it, there's no magic.

I'd guess that each reality would have it's own wizard or wizards there. Magic seems to duplicate with each reality, like having multiple helmets of Fate out there.

If each reality has its own wizard, then why doesn't OUR Earth have a wizard at the Rock of Eternity?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    The Rock of Eternity seems to be a channeling object that filters and distributes magic throughout the multiverse. Without it, there's no magic.

I'd guess that each reality would have it's own wizard or wizards there. Magic seems to duplicate with each reality, like having multiple helmets of Fate out there.
    An interesting notion - because obviously there's a helmet of Fate on Earth-2, and a helmet of Fate on Earth-20 ... but that's not every earth, they're both "updated" (Flashpointed?) takes on Golden Age Earths.

But the key thing I was thinking is that Doctor Fate of Earth-2, the helmet has sort of been allowing him to see Multiversal visions. Not only that - but when Earth-0/Earth-3 related magic happened, Pandora's Box, it affected Doctor Fate on Earth-2 as well.

Last thing - the dark point and light point of the Rock of Eternity are surely reference to the Lords of Order and Chaos.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Melwicker View Post
    If each reality has its own wizard, then why doesn't OUR Earth have a wizard at the Rock of Eternity?
    You can't really prove a negative on that one...Just assume we haven't discovered it yet!

Morrison firmly believes in chaos magic, though. For him, the Rock of Eternity does exist. He's also crazy.

Amazing Member

I haven't really said much about this, as I have been studying the map and all its glory.

So here are a few things I can say for now:

-Earth 37 is the Howard Chaykin Earth. It seems to have the Chaykin dots all over it.

-Earth 1 is not the OGN Earth. Dan DiDio stated on Facebook awhile back that the Earth One OGN line is a shared concept, not a shared universe. the new Earth 1 may have something to do with the ending to the Trinity weekly.

-If I read this right, The Sandman: Overture mini-series from Vertigo is a stealth New 52 book. How many people are going to drop it now?

-Since Morrison gave Chaykin, Miller, and Wood their own Earths, can we give one to Jose Luis Garcia Lopez?

-I like the fact that Morrison mentioned that these Earths are not cannon fodder. That would be nice after Countdown.

-If Nix Uotan is the last Monitor, is he still mining the Bleed for Ultramenstruum fluid?

-Why is Earth 14 different from all the other Mystery Earths? Is there a plan for that one?

-Where are all the previous Multiverses? Is limbo big enough for all of them (Guess we'll find out about that with the Guide book)?

-How many books will spin off out of this? I'm going to say only 1 or 2.

Okay, more later when I have time.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lange View Post
    Sadly, I'm guessing none at all.
    Buh-bye

Does anybody know how the guide book will be released during this story ? Will it get released along with the story as it's own book or as a sort of back up feature within the issues ?

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcady59 View Post
    Does anybody know how the guide book will be released during this story ? Will it get released along with the story as it's own book or as a sort of back up feature within the issues ?
    Its own book, I believe it was said between Thunderworld! and Mastermen.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

What is Earth-8 and Earth-26?

Earth-8 is probably a Marvel pastiche world; Earth-26 is Captain Carrot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lange View Post
    I haven't really said much about this, as I have been studying the map and all its glory.

So here are a few things I can say for now:

-Earth 37 is the Howard Chaykin Earth. It seems to have the Chaykin dots all over it.

-Earth 1 is not the OGN Earth. Dan DiDio stated on Facebook awhile back that the Earth One OGN line is a shared concept, not a shared universe. the new Earth 1 may have something to do with the ending to the Trinity weekly.

-If I read this right, The Sandman: Overture mini-series from Vertigo is a stealth New 52 book. How many people are going to drop it now?

-Since Morrison gave Chaykin, Miller, and Wood their own Earths, can we give one to Jose Luis Garcia Lopez?

-I like the fact that Morrison mentioned that these Earths are not cannon fodder. That would be nice after Countdown.

-If Nix Uotan is the last Monitor, is he still mining the Bleed for Ultramenstruum fluid?

-Why is Earth 14 different from all the other Mystery Earths? Is there a plan for that one?

-Where are all the previous Multiverses? Is limbo big enough for all of them (Guess we'll find out about that with the Guide book)?

Okay, more later when I have time.
    If Earth-1 isn't you know ... "Earth One", I'll have a hard time accepting it as anything but the original Golden Age DCU. I mean, it's Golden. Properly Golden, here. And we never did figure out what happened to the REAL Kal-L! Kingdom Come dude wasn't who Power Girl was looking for! Or however that mess went.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    If Earth-1 isn't you know ... "Earth One", I'll have a hard time accepting it as anything but the original Golden Age DCU. I mean, it's Golden. Properly Golden, here. And we never did figure out what happened to the REAL Kal-L! Kingdom Come dude wasn't who Power Girl was looking for! Or however that mess went.
    Superboy Prime killed Kal L in Infinite Crisis.

And became a black lantern zombie during blackest night.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    And became a black lantern zombie during blackest night.
    A rather inglorious end for the Golden Age Superman; I wish we could see him revived to a better fate at some point.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    A rather inglorious end for the Golden Age Superman; I wish we could see him revived to a better fate at some point.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Maybe they can fix that with whatever project is coming in April.

If anyone deserved better it was him.