Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Irving is currently at work on a Morrison title for Legendary
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...icle&id=47016/
    Ah, I forgot all about that. Given it's nature as a GN, I suppose he could take some time. I know that Gene Ha is interested in doing creator owned stuff now, so I'm not sure he'd be down. It's only an issue, but with Ha's speed, and the fact that it's certainly extra sized (at least 30 story pages, perhaps more) that is a significant chunk of time.

Jim Lee would be a bizarre choice IMHO, if Morrison wants to give us an impression of the real world.
    Jim Lee's style is the epitome of the 90s, though. And that's what they're striving for, as far as I can tell.

I just hope that it is not another Tony Daniel/Georges Janty/Lee Garbett stituation.
    With the lead time they've had with this one, it seems unlikely.

penetrator of things

? Really? I think that Earth-16 was supposed to be the house of the Super-sons. As far as I know. nothing is known about Earth-1 so far.
    EDIT Never mind, I re-read your Post and I got your point, sorry.

Anyway, what I meant is that I'd like to think of Earth-1 as a Morrison earth, in the same way we have a Chaykin earth and a Miller earth. Maybe on Earth 1 both All-Star Superman and Wonder Woman earth-1 happened.

(By the way... Has someone confirmed that Earth one - the comics line, not the alternative earth we are talking about - is not a shared universe?)
    DC has said numerous times when discussing the Earth One line that's intended to be a shared universe, in press releases, blog posts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Yeah, Ivan Reis is definitely drawing the last book.

And Gene Ha is a good guess. Burnham is a confirmed no, and Sook is busy with Future's End design and covers. That doesn't leave many other 'regular' collaborators, but for Frazer Irving. I'd love to see Irving (even more than Ha, actually) but it seems unlikely.

The 'all style, no substance' earth might have been well served by Jim Lee on art. I prefer the quality of Ben Oliver's work, but I can't help but think Lee would have been the more lucrative choice.
    Irving actually DID say that Morrison "reserved a small part of my soul to Multiversity" or something.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Long Live the Legion! Paul Newell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    so is that echo of a sphere at the opposite end of the monitor sphere meant to be qward, or mandrakk's prison?
    Maybe it's the home of the Anti-Monitors?
    DRINK!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    DC has said numerous times when discussing the Earth One line that's intended to be a shared universe, in press releases, blog posts, etc.
    Honestly, I didn't see any confirmation about this myself. Aren't the Earth 1 TT supposed to be part of a world where there aren't other superheroes?

Long Live the Legion! Paul Newell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lange View Post
    -Why is Earth 14 different from all the other Mystery Earths? Is there a plan for that one?
    Looking at its placement maybe it's what would be considered to be the opposite to Bizarro world. What would that be? The perfect duplicates of the DC heroes would be my guess.
    DRINK!

penetrator of things

Honestly, I didn't see any confirmation about this myself. Aren't the Earth 1 TT supposed to be part of a world where there aren't other superheroes?
    I'll provide some links that mention it in a bit.

"5.1 A Potential Team-Up of the Big Three of Earth One" - http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/05...n-to-earth-one
    "5.2 The Earth One Line" - http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/03...the-multiverse
    "But these aren’t one-offs. We’re talking ongoing series of OGNs in a new continuity, on a new Earth." - http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2009/12...e-to-earth-one
    "We’re planning on doing two novels a year and set in this new universe, we’re getting unlimited creative freedom that we couldn’t have in current continuity." - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43302

without a doubt, the Earth One line was planned as a shared universe with no continuity. Teen Titans: Earth One just isn't linked with the events of any other books yet. What happens there doesn't affect any other book, but it 'is' in the same universe. If they do have a team-up or crossover, it'll be like how the JSA and JLA both first started - just took a bunch of characters who were being published at the time and threw them into a book together. the continuity comes later.

and it's where there aren't any adult superheroes "yet". thats pretty vague and telling at the same time. before superman? before batman? before they become well known public heroes?
    Last edited by tako; 08-06-2014 at 06:25 AM.
    @takoleeks

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    I'll provide some links that mention it in a bit.

"5.1 A Potential Team-Up of the Big Three of Earth One" - http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/05...n-to-earth-one
    "5.2 The Earth One Line" - http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/03...the-multiverse
    "But these aren’t one-offs. We’re talking ongoing series of OGNs in a new continuity, on a new Earth." - http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2009/12...e-to-earth-one
    "We’re planning on doing two novels a year and set in this new universe, we’re getting unlimited creative freedom that we couldn’t have in current continuity." - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43302
    Mh. The only link which seems to confirm a shared continuity is the one about the 'new earth in a new continuity'. And it was in 2009. As far as I can see, all the other announcements talk about a "Earth-one" line, not continuity. They may have changed their mind about it. But maybe it's just me, since I hope that JMS' Superman will be swept under a rug someday.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Get excited, compeers, delight in the spectacular majesty known as the MULTIVERSITY!

Abin Sur, Immortal Man, and the mighty Atom from Earth-20!

Astonishing Member

Ah-ha. Look at that Mighty Atom. he has the atomic symbol on his forehead.
    And it is the same symbol the Quantum Superman of Earth-4 (the Dr Manahattan-like) has.

In Superman Beyond, it was established that the Quantum Superman was the endgame of the "Superman idea". I think that the Atom can be considered the Superman analogue of Earth-20.

And in Superman 2000/Superman now! the Atom was supposed to be Superman's teacher in his early years, like Wildcat had been for Batman...

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

And it is the same symbol the Quantum Superman of Earth-4 (the Dr Manahattan-like) has.

In Superman Beyond, it was established that the Quantum Superman was the endgame of the "Superman idea". I think that the Atom can be considered the Superman analogue of Earth-20.

And in Superman 2000/Superman now! the Atom was supposed to be Superman's teacher in his early years, like Wildcat had been for Batman...
    And he's well-dressed (semi-casual) ... more heroes should follow in his footsteps !

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Yeah, Ivan Reis is definitely drawing the last book.

And Gene Ha is a good guess. Burnham is a confirmed no, and Sook is busy with Future's End design and covers. That doesn't leave many other 'regular' collaborators, but for Frazer Irving. I'd love to see Irving (even more than Ha, actually) but it seems unlikely.

The 'all style, no substance' earth might have been well served by Jim Lee on art. I prefer the quality of Ben Oliver's work, but I can't help but think Lee would have been the more lucrative choice.
    Howard Porter would have been the best choice. He launched Morrison's current epic with his 90's JLA run and a lot of that earth will be built on the relationships started with that old team.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    Howard Porter would have been the best choice. He launched Morrison's current epic with his 90's JLA run and a lot of that earth will be built on the relationships started with that old team.
    Looks like Doug Mankhe also will collaborate in this project. I bet he will draw the Master Men issue.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Ha! The Atom has got what appears to be the astronomical symbol for the Sun (or the molecular structure of hydrogen) on his head!
    To explain: The circle with a dot in the center is the symbol for the sun. With a dot on the ring part of the circle as well as having a single dot in the center of the circle, the symbol becomes the molecular structure of hydrogen. Thus linking hydrogen with the sun.
    This links the Superhero known as the Atom with the stars and with nuclear fusion power.
    Last edited by Melwicker; 08-06-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jade_nova View Post
    Did we really need a map of the multiverse? I always pictured them lined up one behind the other.

I think Grant did it like that to make it look more like M-Theory (membrane) as well as it being easier to look at.

penetrator of things

Techically, the universes all exist in the same location just vibrate at different frequencies. the "map" just shows us relationships between the universes.
    @takoleeks