Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Ah... shucks...
    Now you got me diggin through the net...

I'm gonna start by comparing the various pre-52 and post-52 multiverses to see what may line up...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tiverse_worlds

Fingers crossed that Earth-9 is still Tangent.
    Earth-6 used to be another Marvel equivalent--I believe it was even shown as such in Superman Beyond--but now it's the world of "Just Imagine Stan Lee Created The DC Universe"...which is what makes it so humorous that Earth is connected to Apokolips, while the Kirby-shaped Earth-51 is linked to New Genesis.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member

Really impressive. I don't get some names, though:
    1- What are Skyland and the Underworld?
    2- What is the Nightmare realm? I understand the Dream one (Sandman, etc.), but the Nightmare one?
    3- Where do you think Gemworld and Faerie are?
    Thx

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Really impressive. I don't get some names, though:
    1- What are Skyland and the Underworld?
    2- What is the Nightmare realm? I understand the Dream one (Sandman, etc.), but the Nightmare one?
    3- Where do you think Gemworld and Faerie are?
    Thx
    1. Skyland is all the pantheons that aren't part of the other divine spheres--your Greek gods, your Asgardians, Native American gods, any alien deities, etc. It's where they all live, the extradimensional space where all their seats of power reside. The Underworld/Hades is its counterpart much as Apokolips is to New Genesis and Heaven is to Hell, and the map reveals it is actually also the Phantom Zone.
    2. Apparently it's the reverse of Dream. Maybe Morpheus presides over them both.
    3. They're part of the Dream sphere.
    Buh-bye

I'm not going to hold my breath that one of those "?" is Earth-C.

So I wonder how else they'll ruin...I mean, make Captain Carrot "like I've never seen him before", without an Earth-C.

Morrison books generate the most interesting discussions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slothdookie View Post
    I'm not going to hold my breath that one of those "?" is Earth-C.

So I wonder how else they'll ruin...I mean, make Captain Carrot "like I've never seen him before", without an Earth-C.
    I think that it is pretty obvious that Captain Carrot's new home is Earth-26.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Yes, but it's the Marvel analogue Earth according to Morrison, so don't get your hopes up too high.
    So it is like the Fantastic Four logo?
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    1. Skyland is all the pantheons that aren't part of the other divine spheres--your Greek gods, your Asgardians, Native American gods, any alien deities, etc. It's where they all live, the extradimensional space where all their seats of power reside. The Underworld/Hades is its counterpart much as Apokolips is to New Genesis and Heaven is to Hell, and the map reveals it is actually also the Phantom Zone.
    2. Apparently it's the reverse of Dream. Maybe Morpheus presides over them both.
    3. They're part of the Dream sphere.
    Ok, thx, and what about the House of heroes?

What the heck, I'm bored. Let's see what we can figure out. It's not clear how much Morrison is going to maintain the pre-Nu52, post-Infinite Crisis list of Earth-designations. Some seem to have stuck, but it's unclear which if any will remain. Heck, I'll bold the Earths that we've verified.

0 - The main DCNu Earth.
    1 - It's all gold/yellow. Is this the OGN Earth, or has DC affirmatively stated "Well, we call those books Earth-1, but they're not the Nu52 Earth 1?"
    2 - Earth-2, home of the not-yet-named JSA. (I'm disappointed that it doesn't have firepits on the map.)
    3 - Home of the Crime Syndicate of America. Destroyed, which explains why it's all red in the map.
    4 - Home of the Pax Americana and the Charlton characters.
    5 - Thunderworld and the Captain Marvel characters.
    6 - The "Just Imagine Stan Lee..." universe. This Earth has more of a shining glow to it. Pre-Nu52, this Earth was home to the Ray, Etrigan, and Offspring.
    7 - Unknown. Pre-Nu52, a few of its characters appeared in Countdown: Arena.
    8 - The logo looks like a combination of the old DC bullet and the Fantastic Four logo. In the pre-Nu52, this was the home of the "Champions on Angor," an Avengers pastiche, so this will probably be DC's "Marvel Earth."
    9 - Unknown, but there do seem to be some odd swirls on this Earth. Pre-Nu52, this was the Tangent Earth.
    10 - Home of the Master Men and the Freedom Fighters. The Nazi world where Superman's rocket landed in Germany in 1938.
    11 - Unknown, but this Earth is upside-down relative to the other Earths. Pre-Nu52, this was the genderswapped Earth with Superwoman, Batwoman, and Wonder Man.
    12 - Unknown. Pre-Nu52, this was Batman Beyond's world.
    13 - Unknown, but it looks moderately dark. Pre-Nu52, this was a "Vertigo-like" Earth.
    14 - Unknown. It's blurred out in red and appears to be vibrating.
    15 - Unknown, but this Earth is all-black with a purple field around it. Pre-Nu52, this was a utopian Earth that was destroyed in Countdown.
    16 - Home of the Just.
    17 - Unknown. Pre-Nu52, this was a post-holocaust Earth with the Atomic Knights and Kamandi, plus a "Superdemon" pastiche of Superman and the Demon.
    18 - Unknown. Pre-Nu52, this was the Old West world from Justice Riders.
    19 - Unknown, but this Earth looks very odd and seems to be locked in some kind of shell. Pre-Nu52, this was the Victorian Gotham by Gaslight Earth.
    20 - Pulp-Earth, Home of the Secret Society of Super-Heroes.
    21 - Unknown. Pre-Nu52, this was DC: The New Frontier.
    22 - Unknown, but there's a strange flare on the West side. Pre-Nu52, this was Kingdom Come.
    23 - Home of President Calvin Ellis from Action Comics #9.
    24 - Unknown, but it's another red Earth.
    25 - Unknown, but it's another red Earth.
    26 - Appears to be a "cartoon Earth," so this will probably be the Captain Carrot world.
    27 - Unknown, but it's another red Earth.
    28 - Unknown, but it's another red Earth.
    29 - Appears to be Bizarro World.
    30 - The Soviet symbol suggests that it's Superman: Red Son.
    31 - Unknown, but it's covered with dark clouds. Pre-Nu52, this was home of The Dark Knight Returns.
    32 - Unknown, but land seems to be sparse here. Pre-Nu52, this was the home of the Batman: In Darkest Knight characters.
    33 - The "real world" and home of Ultraa Comics. This Earth looks odd and has some kind of field surrounding it, and there seems to be a big blast of energy between it and the Rock of Eternity. Pre-Nu52, this was a magic-based Earth.
    34 - Unknown, but it's very green. Pre-Nu52, this was the home of Wonder Woman: Amazonia.
    35 - Unknown, but it has some strange lines across the southern hemisphere.
    36 - Hard to tell--the Earth has classic "global" lines on it.
    37 - Unknown. Pre-Nu52, this was home of Batman: Thrillkiller.
    38 - Unknown. Pre-Nu52, it was the home of a Captain Atom who led the Atomic Knights.
    39 - Unknown. Pre-Nu52, it was the home of a Dan Garret who had Jamie Reyes' Blue Beetle scarab.
    40 - Apparently this is the home to the evil counterparts of the Earth-20 characters. It's very dark. Pre-Nu52, this was home of JSA: The Liberty File.
    41 - Unknown, but there's some weird lines going across it.
    42 - Unknown, but this world looks very green.
    43 - Unknown, but it's all-red. Pre-Nu52, this was the home of the Vampire Batman from Red Rain, so that may have stuck.
    44 - Unknown, but it looks somewhat gray. Pre-Nu52, this was the home of a robotic Justice League.
    45 - Unknown, but a large chunk of North America seems to be missing.
    46 - Another red unknown Earth.
    47 - Unknown, but it looks like a tie-dye t-shirt. If I had to guess, this is the "Sunshine Superman" Earth.
    48 - Unknown. It's got an upside-down triangle on it. Pre-Nu52, this was the home of the Forerunners which were used in the Countdown series.
    49 - Unknown, and also in red.
    50 - Unknown. Pre-Nu52, this was the Wildstorm Earth (which would be odd since Wildstorm merged with Earth-0).
    51 - Apparently a "Jack Kirby" universe. It's got a cloud around it and South America is very damaged. Pre-Nu52, it was a Kamandi Earth--it may be again since Kamandi was Kirby's creation.

Other observations: it looks like there's circular lines linking several Earths together. For example, there's a black line linking Earths 1, 14, 48, 46, 27, and so on. I wonder if these are lines of travel and you can only get to some Earths from others, like a subway network.
    Last edited by resipsaloquitur; 07-26-2014 at 01:02 PM.

you could probably use the superboys from Kuder current run to figure some of the earths out

BANNED

Why are they so stuck on the idea of 52 universes? The 52 series ended 7 years ago! If there's going to be a multiverse, it may as well be infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    Why are they so stuck on the idea of 52 universes? The 52 series ended 7 years ago! If there's going to be a multiverse, it may as well be infinite.
    They've been looking for something to pin the "52" term on that was going to stick. I think this will be it.

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    What the heck, I'm bored. Let's see what we can figure out. It's not clear how much Morrison is going to maintain the pre-Nu52, post-Infinite Crisis list of Earth-designations. Some seem to have stuck, but it's unclear which if any will remain. Heck, I'll bold the Earths that we've verified.

0 - The main DCNu Earth.
    1 - It's all gold/yellow. Is this the OGN Earth, or has DC affirmatively stated "Well, we call those books Earth-1, but they're not the Nu52 Earth 1?"
    2 - Earth-2, home of the not-yet-named JSA. (I'm disappointed that it doesn't have firepits on the map.)
    3 - Home of the Crime Syndicate of America. Destroyed, which explains why it's all red in the map.
    6 - Unknown, but this Earth has more of a shining glow to it. Pre-Nu52, this Earth was home to the Ray, Etrigan, and Offspring.
    8 - The logo looks like a combination of the old DC bullet and the Fantastic Four logo. In the pre-Nu52, this was the home of the "Champions on Angor," an Avengers pastiche, so this will probably be DC's "Marvel Earth."
    9 - Unknown, but there do seem to be some odd swirls on this Earth. Pre-Nu52, this was the Tangent Earth.
    10 - Home of the Master Men and the Freedom Fighters. The Nazi world where Superman's rocket landed in Germany in 1938.
    11 - Unknown, but this Earth is upside-down relative to the other Earths. Pre-Nu52, this was the genderswapped Earth with Superwoman, Batwoman, and Wonder Man.
    13 - Unknown, but it looks moderately dark. Pre-Nu52, this was a "Vertigo-like" Earth.
    15 - Unknown, but this Earth is all-black with a purple field around it. Pre-Nu52, this was a utopian Earth that was destroyed in Countdown.
    16 - Home of the Just.
    17 - Unknown. Pre-Nu52, this was a post-holocaust Earth with the Atomic Knights and Kamandi, plus a "Superdemon" pastiche of Superman and the Demon.
    19 - Unknown, but this Earth looks very odd and seems to be locked in some kind of shell. Pre-Nu52, this was the Victorian Gotham by Gaslight Earth.
    22 - Unknown, but there's a strange flare on the West side. Pre-Nu52, this was Kingdom Come.
    26 - Appears to be a "cartoon Earth," so this will probably be the Captain Carrot world.
    31 - Unknown, but it's covered with dark clouds. Pre-Nu52, this was home of The Dark Knight Returns.
    32 - Unknown, but land seems to be sparse here. Pre-Nu52, this was the home of the Batman: In Darkest Knight characters.
    33 - Unknown. This Earth looks odd and has some kind of field surrounding it, and there seems to be a big blast of energy between it and the Rock of Eternity. Pre-Nu52, this was a magic-based Earth.
    34 - Unknown, but it's very green. Pre-Nu52, this was the home of Wonder Woman: Amazonia.
    38 - Unknown. Pre-Nu52, it was the home of a Captain Atom who led the Atomic Knights.
    39 - Unknown. Pre-Nu52, it was the home of a Dan Garret who had Jamie Reyes' Blue Beetle scarab.
    40 - Apparently this is the home to the evil counterparts of the Earth-20 characters. It's very dark. Pre-Nu52, this was home of JSA: The Liberty File.
    43 - Unknown, but it's all-red. Pre-Nu52, this was the home of the Vampire Batman from Red Rain, so that may have stuck.
    44 - Unknown, but it looks somewhat gray. Pre-Nu52, this was the home of a robotic Justice League.
    47 - Unknown, but it looks like a tie-dye t-shirt. If I had to guess, this is the "Sunshine Superman" Earth.
    48 - Unknown. It's got an upside-down triangle on it. Pre-Nu52, this was the home of the Forerunners which were used in the Countdown series.
    50 - Unknown. Pre-Nu52, this was the Wildstorm Earth (which would be odd since Wildstorm merged with Earth-0).
    51 - Unknown. It's got a cloud around it and South America is very damaged. Pre-Nu52, it was a Kamandi Earth.

Other observations: it looks like there's circular lines linking several Earths together. For example, there's a black line linking Earths 1, 14, 48, 46, 27, and so on. I wonder if these are lines of travel and you can only get to some Earths from others, like a subway network.
    Great job!!

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post

0 - The main DCNu Earth.
    6 - Unknown, but this Earth has more of a shining glow to it. Pre-Nu52, this Earth was home to the Ray, Etrigan, and Offspring.
    16 - Home of the Just.
    33 - Unknown. This Earth looks odd and has some kind of field surrounding it, and there seems to be a big blast of energy between it and the Rock of Eternity. Pre-Nu52, this was a magic-based Earth.
    51 - Unknown. It's got a cloud around it and South America is very damaged. Pre-Nu52, it was a Kamandi Earth.

Great job and hasn't it been said that Earth 33 is us and it is placed directly opposite Earth 0 the Prime DC Earth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    They've been looking for something to pin the "52" term on that was going to stick. I think this will be it.
    It's logically nonsensical and scientifically absurd, but...comics. I happen to think it's unnecessarily limiting from a story perspective, though I suppose I can see that their justification (that it might curb the casual and purposeless use of universes) has a bit of merit, but I suppose I didn't see that as a big problem to start with.

Darwyn Cooke had a nice little fix in the New Frontier special, and that's the one I choose to accept as canon.

Because, really...

Right?