Default Comics or Baseball?

What once popular American past time will go extinct first?

Are we limiting it to American Print comics? If not, neither will go extinct. Comics have already long since exited the mainstream, and strictly comic shops may not have a future past a few decades, but digital comics, web comics, manga, they'll be here long after that.

Baseball hasn't even exited the mainstream yet, it got knocked off it's perch by Football, and continues to slide down the big sports, but about 15 million people watched the end of the world series last year, in today's streaming market that's plenty healthy. Baseball's absolute worst future is something along the lines of Horse Racing or Heavyweight Boxing, nowhere close to what they used to be but far from extinct.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Boisterously Confused

On a comics forum.

Isn't that like walking into a Vegan restaurant and asking if people prefer steak or peanuts as a protein?

To be less of a smarty pants, Print comics may disappear at some point, except as collected editions, but digital will likely go on. Baseball will shrink, but not vanish I think.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 10-12-2018 at 02:09 PM.

They won't ever go away.

That's silly.

Baseball will rebound like it always does and comics are dominating the box office with IPs, so I think they'll just shift to digital and motion comics in entirety before long.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Just to put stuff in perspective, MLB ticket sales are still easily double what they were when I was a kid, and the population has not doubled. Baseball is fine. I'm not a fan of any professional sports, so no bias here.

Comics aren't going anywhere, either, just the sales venues might.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier