Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I hope they go as cheesecake as possible with his look.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I'm gonna join the chorus of people saying that Namor shouldn't get his own MCU movie and should instead just be a part of the eventual MCU Fantastic Four franchise. The MCU doesn't need to respond to DCEU. They should just do their own thing. Namor is most known as basically an FF "adversary" and guy who famously wants to get with Sue Storm-Richards. Let him be that guy to that franchise.

As an added bonus, it would give them a separate enemy to fight BESIDES Dr. Doom.

Despite the fact I am dying to see an ACTUALLY awesome Doom on screen.... they HAVE tried 3 times now and failed miserably. Imagine if Doom was built up as an end credits baddie like Thanos was for a few movies before his inevitable return.

Niffleheim

He should be the homme fatale in Fantastic Four then an antagonist in BP and then Avengers' movie. He is the ingredient that FF movies has always lacked - sex on legs.

never got the impression Marvel was countering DC seems more the opposite.

Isn't Namor still tied up rights wise?

Honestly, Namor has always been one of the LEAST likable characters in the Marvel universe.
    Unless they use the byne version. He was more of a nice good.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    never got the impression Marvel was countering DC seems more the opposite.

Isn't Namor still tied up rights wise?
    Honestly, if anything I sort of though Aquaman was a counts to Black Panther. Sort of.

Invincible Member

The movie rights are still in limbo.

Having said that, I'm not sure what direction they could go in so that the general audience doesn't think the film is an Aquaman knock off...maybe go silver age and have him attacking the surface world?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly, if anything I sort of though Aquaman was a counts to Black Panther. Sort of.
    He seems to blend being DC's Black Panther with being their Thor. Just as Wonder Woman blends other elements of Thor with Captain America. And their Batman blends elements of Nick Fury and Iron Man. And Cyborg got any leftover aspects of Iron Man that weren't co-opted by Batman.

Marvel doesn't have to counter DC, and honestly DC should've learned they never had to mimic Marvel. DC should focus on doing their own thing as should Marvel.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As far as I am aware, Marvel still does not have the movie rights to Namor.
    I believe it's actually shared rights like the Hulk.

Anyway, despite many of the currently iconic elements of Aquaman being borrowed from Namor (including the whole Atlantis thing), Aquaman has always been a better-known character. I realize there are a lot of areas that Marvel movies could introduce to the public first and make the original DC look like a copy (Thanos before Darkseid, Eternals before New Gods, etc.). But, if they introduce the Submariner now, he'll look like the copy. At best, they should just introduce him as an antagonist in a Fantastic Four film.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Maybe in a way I look at it as they are both sorting through the various IP to see what they can make work on TV or movies. I don't think they sit down and say things like ok they did Superman lets rush out Cap or Thor.

someone needs to explain this to me because I really don't get it. Is it that they are both Kings? Is it that they are both non-white leads?

Correct me if I'm wrong but Aquaman was planned well before Black Panther came out. He showed up on Justice League and was slotted before BP exploded on the scene.
    The J-man

BP showed up in Civil War before his movie too. Another thing they have in common.

Both kings of an dvanced society hidden from most people coming into more contact with the world. Not apples to apples but I can see some connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I believe it's actually shared rights like the Hulk.

Anyway, despite many of the currently iconic elements of Aquaman being borrowed from Namor (including the whole Atlantis thing), Aquaman has always been a better-known character. I realize there are a lot of areas that Marvel movies could introduce to the public first and make the original DC look like a copy (Thanos before Darkseid, Eternals before New Gods, etc.). But, if they introduce the Submariner now, he'll look like the copy. At best, they should just introduce him as an antagonist in a Fantastic Four film.
    So, basically, if they ever use Namor it will probably be in another property like how Hulk only shows up in guest spots and Avenger films.