Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favorite Super Villain Quotes?

I love villains. One of the reasons being (besides how badass they can be) is you can't have a compelling hero without them. Every great superhero needs a bad guy just as ruthless to challenge them or else you just got a bunch of grown men/women dressed in costume for no reason.
    With that being said, one of my favorite moments would have to be a scene during the "Darkseid War"
    When Superman and Lex Luthor end up on Apocalypse and are being chased by slaves from Darkseid's slave camps. Superman's powers start fading due to the lack of sunlight and this is how it plays out:

Lex: We can't fight them all, in a matter of hours you'll be--
    Superman: Human.
    Lex: No, you'll be powerless. You'll never be Human.

It's just just such a nasty thing to say.
    Especially to someone like Superman who has always wanted nothing more than to just fit in since he was a child.
    Goes to show how cruel Luthor can be even if he isn't inflicting any physical harm.
    (Lots of great moments in that story)
    Anyway, what are some of your favorite Super Villain
    quotes/moments?

Since you mentioned Lex, one that immediately comes to mind is a Lex quotation, but it's from one of my favorite JLU episodes where Lex is being confronted by the Question and Lex, while smacking Q around, says:

President?!? Do you know how much power I'd have to give up to be President??

Extraordinary Member

Not sure where this was from, but it was a great line by the Joker:

"we stop looking for monsters under our beds when we realize the monster is inside of us"

or something like that. It was so creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Since you mentioned Lex, one that immediately comes to mind is a Lex quotation, but it's from one of my favorite JLU episodes where Lex is being confronted by the Question and Lex, while smacking Q around, says:

President?!? Do you know how much power I'd have to give up to be President??
    Damn, I remember watching that episode... don't remember much else about it though. I wish dc used the Question more. Such a cool character...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'd always envisioned my winning as a result of cunning... at the end of a bitter struggle between the Batman and Myself-- him using his Detective Skills and me employing the divine gift men call Madness!... No! Without the game that the Batman and I have played for so many years, winning is nothing! He shall live... until I can destroy him properly!
    -- The Joker

This has been my definitive Joker for a long time.

“Kite-Man... Hell Yeah.”- Kite-Man

Also From Superman TAS:

“Don't think of it as an end, Superman. My biotech people will spend years studying your carcass. I'm certain it will be a most profitable endeavor.”- Lex Luthor

“I am many things, Kal-El. You couldn't even begin to imagine half of them. But for now, I shall take the role of the executioner.”- Darkseid
    Last edited by Denirac; 10-12-2018 at 02:50 PM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Boisterously Confused

May not count as it's (at least it was) out of continuity, but:

"Do it?

"Dan, I'm not some Republic Serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master stroke if there were the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

"I did it 35 minutes ago."

Moore's Ozymandias - The Watchmen

"I always win, Flash."

- Eobard Thawne/The Reverse-Flash

Extraordinary Member

From New Teen Titans:

Terra: "if I've gotta do everything, I want a bigger piece of the pie"

My favorite line is from Batman Beyond, the season one finale. Blight's condition is deteriorating and he is trying to get to safety, only to be blocked by Batman (Terry McGinnis). Blight asks why Batman keeps hounding him. Leading to this exchange:

Blight: Who are you?
    Batman (McGinnis): You really want to know?
    Blight: Yes!
    Batman (McGinnis): You killed my father.
    [brief pause]
    Derek Powers: ...Do you have the slightest idea how little that narrows it down?
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

More of a speech from Two-Face:

"I am a lawyer. Yes. We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice. Insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure of the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity. God bless America.

I am a liar. No. We the acid scarred bitches of history of evil and hypocrisy exalt criminals to office. Vietnam, El Salvador, Chile with lovely missiles, roaring bombs of the rich and the white and the pious and burn children and torture women. Forever and ever, amen. God bless America."

— Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
    Last edited by Mutant God; 10-13-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Vandal Savage has always been a fav of mine:

<after being chided by Luthor about snapping the neck of a secretary how didn't put the right amount of sugars in his coffee>
    "Sorry. Immortal habits die hard."
    Ross and Waid's Kingdom Come

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Lex Luthor: "Hm... If nothing else I can at least learn the Flash's secret identity. [Luthor's mind in Wally's body tears off mask while facing a mirror] "I have no idea who this is."

(This never fails to crack me up.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Mighty Member

"It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic. [pause] Oh what the heck I'll laugh anyway!"

The delivery was amazing

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    May not count as it's (at least it was) out of continuity, but:

"Do it?

"Dan, I'm not some Republic Serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master stroke if there were the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

"I did it 35 minutes ago."

Moore's Ozymandias - The Watchmen
    THIS.
    It was just an absolute cracker of a line and turned the usual comic book villian monologue on it's head.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.