Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Default Cloak & Dagger: Negative Exposure! New Comic Series!

They announced this at NYCC. Much like Jessica Jones, looks like Cloak and Dagger is getting a season two in the comics. It's three issues, but much like Jessica Jones, each issue has two issues in it. I'm liking the set up and I'm happy to get more Cloak and Dagger. I already have the TPB ordered for the first one, so at least I can add it to my collection. I'm hoping this keeps going! Or maybe they get added to a team soon haha.

This has to do with Mister Negative, who is one of my favorite bad guys, so I'm down for that. No image was released with it, but I did find an awesome cover online.

https://www.newsarama.com/42251-cloa...g-in-2019.html

Anyways, did you like the first mini? Are you going to pick this one up? I hope so, cause it looks fantastic!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 11-07-2018 at 09:40 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

In light of the PS4 game's release I find it a tad amusing that it's been a while since Mr. Negative has actually fought Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In light of the PS4 game's release I find it a tad amusing that it's been a while since Mr. Negative has actually fought Spider-Man.
    Didn't he fight Mr. Negative during his last series, when Cloak and Dagger (while power switched) were under his control? The series where he owned his own company, I mean.

I'm happy he's in the game though, haven't made it that far yet, but I really do like Mister Negative. Now if Cloak and Dagger show up in the next one, th a would make me happy haha!
    Pulls:

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm glad they're getting the same ''ongoing with a few breaks in-between'' treatment as the other MDO titles. Let's see for how long they can keep their book going with this format.

And I'm glad they're using Mr. Negative as the big bad. I always thought he should be their number one arch-nemesis, but I believe they only ever fought him on Spider-Man stories, so there wasn't much room to make it all about them.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-13-2018 at 12:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm interested in this. The change in writer makes me worried that they'll ignore everything that just happened. Aside from that, Mr. Negative is a logical fit for the character (which is why he was used previously) and the story has a lot of potential.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    And I'm glad they're using Mr. Negative as the big bad. I always thought he should be their number one arch-nemesis, but I believe they only ever fought him on Spider-Man stories, so there wasn't much room to make it all about them.
    I wonder if they could get away with making them their archenemy when there just came out a Spider-Man game that had Mr. Negative as one of the primary villains.

Granted, it's not like the Spider-Books were doing much with him anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm glad they're getting the same ''ongoing with a few breaks in-between'' treatment as the other MDO titles. Let's see for how long they can keep their book going with this format.

If this format fails, I would love to see a team book with the non popular netflix characters. Jessica, Luke, Iron First, Cloak and Dagger, maybe Misty? It could be the new Defenders of something haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm interested in this. The change in writer makes me worried that they'll ignore everything that just happened. Aside from that, Mr. Negative is a logical fit for the character (which is why he was used previously) and the story has a lot of potential.
    It's the same writer, Dennis Hopeless. New artist, though. I really liked his last mini, so I'm hopeful about this one.

I wonder if they could get away with making them their archenemy when there just came out a Spider-Man game that had Mr. Negative as one of the primary villains.

Granted, it's not like the Spider-Books were doing much with him anyways...
    To me, he always felt like one of their big bads. I think he fits right in. I mean, marvel has a way of sharing bad guys, so it makes sense that Negative would cover more then one. He does have like a evil mini empire, right?
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    It's the same writer, Dennis Hopeless. New artist, though. I really liked his last mini, so I'm hopeful about this one.
    Huh, for some reason I thought it was a newcomer. I've been reading the whole thing without seeing that it was Dennis Hopeless.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

They announced this at NYCC. Much like Jessica Jones, looks like Cloak and Dagger is getting a season two in the comics. It's there issues, but much like Jessica Jones, each issue has two issues in it. I'm liking the set up and I'm happy to get more Cloak and Dagger. I already have the TPB ordered for the first one, so at least I can add it to my collection. I'm hoping this keeps going! Or maybe they get added to a team soon haha.

This has to do with Mister Negative, who is one of my favorite bad guys, so I'm down for that. No image was released with it, but I did find an awesome cover online.

https://www.newsarama.com/42251-cloa...g-in-2019.html

Anyways, did you like the first mini? Are you going to pick this one up? I hope so, cause it looks fantastic!
    well at least they get a new mini series. Hopefully another one for next year.

To me, he always felt like one of their big bads. I think he fits right in. I mean, marvel has a way of sharing bad guys, so it makes sense that Negative would cover more then one. He does have like a evil mini empire, right?
    I can see how he works thematically and with his connection to the pair, it just feels a little strange to me to be promoting him in this role when he just came out of his biggest and best media appearance in a Spider-Man game.

(But that's just me).

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    well at least they get a new mini series. Hopefully another one for next year.
    Hopefully! I don't know how long of breaks are in between the other series, but it doesn't look like there is a break between this on and the last one.

In fact, did Jessica's series takes a break?

I can see how he works thematically and with his connection to the pair, it just feels a little strange to me to be promoting him in this role when he just came out of his biggest and best media appearance in a Spider-Man game.

(But that's just me).
    To me, I believe a big reason why he is in this mini may be because of him being in the game. Maybe they are hoping people will buy it cause of Mr. Negative as well. That's just my thinking.
    Pulls:

In fact, did Jessica's series takes a break?
    Yep, it's on break right now after ending with a pretty big cliffhanger.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yep, it's on break right now after ending with a pretty big cliffhanger.
    Ah, I was planning on trade waiting it, so cool. Do you know when it stopped and when it comes back? Just curious on break length.

I'm guessing Cloak and Dagger didn't take a break because they did smaller six issues and not bigger three, like Jessica and the new series.
    Pulls:

At least there can only be an improvement on the art. The story was okay but I wasn't a fan of the art. I actually asked Asrar why Dagger's hair was shaved and he said its braids which makes me wonder if these artists have ever seen braids, because it still looks like it's got patterns shaved into it. I'm glad they're getting another shot though and their history with Mister Negative goes back to their origins so I just hope this isn't a rehash of the last plot.

I thought it was shaved as well. I thought it was an odd style, but I didn't think too much about it.