Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It's just a pet peeve of mine. If none of them could draw braids then they should've just tied her hair back normally.

Dagger has braids now? Like, cornrows? Heh. Heh.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I actually really like her hair like that. I'm gay, so I don't know what's hot. But I love modern female hair styles. Shaved on the sides, look awesome. I would love her to have short hair again too.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm fine with either hair style. But I will concede if it's supposed to be braids, I didn't get that sense from the art.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Eh...I wasn't really a fan of the writing from the first mini. The distance and constant bickering between the two was just off putting. It would have been fine if they were just forming as a partner, but they aren't. I was hoping if they were doing an ongoing they would change writers but sadly that's not the case. I'll give it around 3-6 issues to see if it improves but if it doesn't, I'll drop it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Eh...I wasn't really a fan of the writing from the first mini. The distance and constant bickering between the two was just off putting. It would have been fine if they were just forming as a partner, but they aren't. I was hoping if they were doing an ongoing they would change writers but sadly that's not the case. I'll give it around 3-6 issues to see if it improves but if it doesn't, I'll drop it.
    I agree with this. It seems like Hopeless did what most Cloak and Dagger writers do, portray Dagger as the one seeking independence and Cloak being a stalker who can't seem to let go. Maybe these two need to seperate for awhile, do their own thing and even appear in different books. If they do keep them together Cloak has to stop being such a sad sack and get a backbone. Dagger has been putting him down this whole digital series, it's not been a good look for Ty.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm not sure I agree with that interpretation. What I liked best about this story is it actually involved Cloak having a life independent of Dagger.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Dagger was completely unlikable throughout the whole thing in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I agree with this. It seems like Hopeless did what most Cloak and Dagger writers do, portray Dagger as the one seeking independence and Cloak being a stalker who can't seem to let go. Maybe these two need to seperate for awhile, do their own thing and even appear in different books. If they do keep them together Cloak has to stop being such a sad sack and get a backbone. Dagger has been putting him down this whole digital series, it's not been a good look for Ty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with that interpretation. What I liked best about this story is it actually involved Cloak having a life independent of Dagger.
    Yeah, in my opinion we saw just as much of Cloaks independence as Daggers, but these characters are set up in such a way that Cloak will always need Dagger and now Dagger doesn't need Cloak. So, in the end, Cloak will always go after Dagger. I think it wasn't that bad in this series, a lot of misunderstandings and a lot of Dagger really wanting to be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by WeArentVenom View Post
    Dagger was completely unlikable throughout the whole thing in my opinion.
    I can see where you're coming from, but I think her actions were a bit justified. If I had to spend every day with someone and finally got some independence from them, I would be annoyed if they came around a lot. But maybe that's just me haha.
    Pulls:

C&D #6 came out today and they still have Cloak acting like a lost puppy who can't move on.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Hopeless has a letter at the end of #6 saying that he knows this leaves them in a complicated, not very satisfying place - but that worse is coming...is there any news of a sequel mini?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by WeArentVenom View Post
    C&D #6 came out today and they still have Cloak acting like a lost puppy who can't move on.
    Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, and I respect that, but I feel like we read different issues lol.

He comes off as human. As someone who has tried to make friends and keep an ex in my life, he seems normal to me. He seemed like he wanted to her be happy, but was sad himself. He's always kinda been a downer, not all the time, but a lot of the time haha. He had an almost obsession with Tandy, because of his powers, at times and now he has to learn to live with her at arms length. He needs time. This break up just happened recently. But that's just my view on it haha. Hopefully you give this new mini a try.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Hopeless has a letter at the end of #6 saying that he knows this leaves them in a complicated, not very satisfying place - but that worse is coming...is there any news of a sequel mini?
    I didn't see a letter, I may have just skipped it haha. Hopefully you liked it, like I did. This thread is actually about the second "season" if you check post one it will have more info. I'm so excited for it! And hope Cloak and Dagger get more of them!

On a side note, for some reason, I just noticed the dagger cut out on Tandy's costume, is on her back now. I like that it's still there! I'm loving the new costume.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 11-07-2018 at 09:20 PM.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, and I respect that, but I feel like we read different issues lol.

He comes off as human. As someone who has tried to make friends and keep an ex in my life, he seems normal to me. He seemed like he wanted to her be happy, but was sad himself. He's always kinda been a downer, not all the time, but a lot of the time haha. He had an almost obsession with Tandy, because of his powers, at times and now he has to learn to live with her at arms length. He needs time. This break up just happened recently. But that's just my view on it haha. Hopefully you give this new mini a try.

I didn't see a letter, I may have just skipped it haha. Hopefully you liked it, like I did. This thread is actually about the second "season" if you check post one it will have more info. I'm so excited for it! And hope Cloak and Dagger get more of them!
    I think you put it nicely about Cloak, but thinking this wasn't going to have a follow up made me a bit harsher on it.

Thanks for pointing me to the first post and article - am checking it out now. I definitely enjoyed a lot of this, and want to see more!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think you put it nicely about Cloak, but thinking this wasn't going to have a follow up made me a bit harsher on it.

Thanks for pointing me to the first post and article - am checking it out now. I definitely enjoyed a lot of this, and want to see more!
    Thanks! Yeah, I mean, I get where others are coming from,but like this whole series takes place over a short time period. So I think more time is needed for them to get the hang of being friends again (Unless they get back together). I hoping if there is a time jump in the new series,we see a bit of a change. But one time it took me over a year to get to a place where I could be friends with an ex, like close friends. So I understand if it takes a bit haha. I have faith in Hopeless. And you're very welcome! Always glad to help out a Cloak and Dagger fan! Haha
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, I mean, I get where others are coming from,but like this whole series takes place over a short time period. So I think more time is needed for them to get the hang of being friends again (Unless they get back together). I hoping if there is a time jump in the new series,we see a bit of a change. But one time it took me over a year to get to a place where I could be friends with an ex, like close friends. So I understand if it takes a bit haha. I have faith in Hopeless. And you're very welcome! Always glad to help out a Cloak and Dagger fan! Haha
    I'm definitely looking forward to it! I got hooked on Hopeless's writing recently, with Jean Grey, and so I actually followed him to Cloak and Dagger, and really enjoyed the characters while also being very sad for how much pain they were in. I just hope that eventually, they can be happy.

As a new Cloak and Dagger fan, I went to search out some of the earlier things - I read the one where they swapped powers, and a couple more. Are there any that you'd recommend as really solid, foundational runs or arcs to check out?