Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm definitely looking forward to it! I got hooked on Hopeless's writing recently, with Jean Grey, and so I actually followed him to Cloak and Dagger, and really enjoyed the characters while also being very sad for how much pain they were in. I just hope that eventually, they can be happy.

As a new Cloak and Dagger fan, I went to search out some of the earlier things - I read the one where they swapped powers, and a couple more. Are there any that you'd recommend as really solid, foundational runs or arcs to check out?
    I haven't read that, guess I should check it out! Sadness seems to be attached to them a lot haha, but it fits. However, it was sad that they broke up, so I agree, I want to see them happy!

As far as recommendations go, if you have a based knowledge of their origin you don't really have to read there first appearance, as they review that a lot early on.

There second mini series they had is very good, in my opinion, has some cool side characters and story arcs. It's 11 issues, but it's not collected, unfortunately.

I also like their involvement in Maximum Carnage and the 2000's Marvel Knights series. They also have a short guest spot in Runaways, which I enjoyed.

Them being in the Dark X-Men was cool, so check out their stuff during that (It was in Dark X:Men, Uncanny X-Men and Dark Avengers:Utopia, if I recall right, but I may be wrong).

Lastly, it seems like you have read their Spider Island mini, which was fantastic and the art was amazing! If you want to read the follow up to that, check out issues #6-8 of the 2015 Amazing Spider-Man relaunch, to see what happens next. This also kinda leads into the new stuff, I believe what happens is what gave Dagger her stronger powers, so she could go solo.

It's unfortunate that a lot of there solo series hasn't been collected yet. They have a few (3 or 4) trades out there that collect random stuff, which is all good stuff to read. If you want I can point you towards those, as it's easy for people to get their hands on trades.

This digital series (as well as the new one) will be collected though! Which I'm very thankful for! Also sorry for the wall of text and late reply haha.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 11-07-2018 at 11:53 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    As a new Cloak and Dagger fan, I went to search out some of the earlier things - I read the one where they swapped powers, and a couple more. Are there any that you'd recommend as really solid, foundational runs or arcs to check out?
    I'd definitely seek out the original 4-part mini from Mantlo and Leonardi. It's been collected as "Cloak & Dagger: Child of Darkness, Child of Light"
    https://www.comixology.com/Cloak-and...xpc3Qvc2VyaWVz

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Yeah, in my opinion we saw just as much of Cloaks independence as Daggers, but these characters are set up in such a way that Cloak will always need Dagger and now Dagger doesn't need Cloak. So, in the end, Cloak will always go after Dagger. I think it wasn't that bad in this series, a lot of misunderstandings and a lot of Dagger really wanting to be alone.

I can see where you're coming from, but I think her actions were a bit justified. If I had to spend every day with someone and finally got some independence from them, I would be annoyed if they came around a lot. But maybe that's just me haha.
    It also doesn't help that they try desperately hard from keeping these two as a romantic partner, the fact that outside of bendis, there is less hesitation of putting them as a couple in the television series than in the comic book is rather telling and quite frankly, frightening.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, and I respect that, but I feel like we read different issues lol.

He comes off as human. As someone who has tried to make friends and keep an ex in my life, he seems normal to me. He seemed like he wanted to her be happy, but was sad himself. He's always kinda been a downer, not all the time, but a lot of the time haha. He had an almost obsession with Tandy, because of his powers, at times and now he has to learn to live with her at arms length. He needs time. This break up just happened recently. But that's just my view on it haha. Hopefully you give this new mini a try.

I didn't see a letter, I may have just skipped it haha. Hopefully you liked it, like I did. This thread is actually about the second "season" if you check post one it will have more info. I'm so excited for it! And hope Cloak and Dagger get more of them!

On a side note, for some reason, I just noticed the dagger cut out on Tandy's costume, is on her back now. I like that it's still there! I'm loving the new costume.
    The thing is it's always Cloak who is presented as the one who can or won't move on. Dagger was horrible to Ty this whole series, only in the final pages of this last issue was she nice to him. And it ended with her going out with her new boyfriend. Just once I would like to see Cloak be the one who wants space and finding someone new, let Tandy be the one who's jealous for awhile. Cloak seemed to have something going on with the security lady but that seemed to have been dropped so he can go back to pinning for Tandy. I continue to think that they should seperate for a while, let them appear in different books and do there own thing. Then after sometime they can reunite and hopefully Ty will be more independent. Either marvel makes them an official couple or end Cloak's stalker, sadsack, obsessive portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    The thing is it's always Cloak who is presented as the one who can or won't move on. Dagger was horrible to Ty this whole series, only in the final pages of this last issue was she nice to him. And it ended with her going out with her new boyfriend. Just once I would like to see Cloak be the one who wants space and finding someone new, let Tandy be the one who's jealous for awhile. Cloak seemed to have something going on with the security lady but that seemed to have been dropped so he can go back to pinning for Tandy. I continue to think that they should seperate for a while, let them appear in different books and do there own thing. Then after sometime they can reunite and hopefully Ty will be more independent. Either marvel makes them an official couple or end Cloak's stalker, sadsack, obsessive portrayal.
    I agree with this entirely.

This series has been good awful will not be checking out the sequel if it written by the same writer..

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    send Cloak off to college somewhere. Have him develop a friendship with an older, black male hero character.

Negative Exposure came out today, anyone pick it up yet?

Quote Originally Posted by WeArentVenom View Post
    Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Love Hopeless writing in this

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’d pick up anything from Mantlo regarding Cloak & Dagger. Especially their first few appearances in Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Is Negative Exposure digital only? Or is it also available in floppies?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    send Cloak off to college somewhere. Have him develop a friendship with an older, black male hero character.
    I’d like to see this. I’d also love to see him develop a relationship with Voodoo. Explore the mystical connections in his darkness power. Also, have him have an adventure where he goes up against Nightmare again, maybe by himself, or where he’s the one that saves the day.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d like to see this. I’d also love to see him develop a relationship with Voodoo. Explore the mystical connections in his darkness power. Also, have him have an adventure where he goes up against Nightmare again, maybe by himself, or where he’s the one that saves the day.
    that would make a great mini series to team them up against Nightmare. Hopefully it will happen soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    that would make a great mini series to team them up against Nightmare. Hopefully it will happen soon.
    It felt like Mantlo was going somewhere with it in the Strange Tales series from the 80’s. Unfortunately nobody else has really tapped into that connection since then. Which is a shame. You could really delve into a horror theme with Nightmare.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeArentVenom View Post
    Yeah this was a great opening issue. Love the way Cloak was portrayed, he's got his own thing going on and not obsessing over Tandy. Although his new chick seems a little crazy. And I also love his look, the black skin armour is nice. The issue as a whole was excellent and both Ty and Tandy were presented well, also it's always nice to see Mr Negative, he's a great villain. Only thing I would to see added is a power boost for both C&D they need to be more heavy hitters. Look forward to the next issue.