Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Battle of Authors

The following authors will be fighting to the death, the catch; they have all the composite abilities of the characters they have created.

It’s

J.R.R. Tolkien

Vs

R.L. Stone

Vs

Steven King

Vs

HP Lovecraft

Vs

JK Rowling

Vs

Edgar Allen Poe

Vs

Stephenie Meyers

Vs.

Bram Stoker/Mary Shelley

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Well, Tolkein, King, and Lovecraft probably destroy everyone else and then get in an eternal stalemate of omnipotence.

Yep. King has Meta Reality God known as Gan.

Lovecraft it’s Azthoth Who is a omnipotent blond idiot “God” who is a smack to the ideal God who gives a crap about creation and goes nuclear.

And Tolkien? Dude made his own Freakken Pantheon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Well, Tolkein, King, and Lovecraft probably destroy everyone else and then get in an eternal stalemate of omnipotence.
    Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

(Of course Cthulhu has no part in the whole omnipotence thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

(Of course Cthulhu has no part in the whole omnipotence thing.)

Nope. Far from it as a Elf lord with flying boat ends him fast.

So essentially "who has written an Almighty God figure vs those who haven't."

...probably a weird question to ask of diety characters that can do anything but interfere (and cause the plot to expire) but, uh, feats?

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    So essentially "who has written an Almighty God figure vs those who haven't."

...probably a weird question to ask of diety characters that can do anything but interfere (and cause the plot to expire) but, uh, feats?
    Eru Iluvitar (Tolkien) created everything.

Azathoth, the Blind Idiot God (Lovecraft) created everything in his dreams, and in waking will destroy everything.

Gan (Stephen King) purportedly vomited out the Universe, and then retreated into his shell/died.

The rest don't bloody matter.

Though since Azathoth is unconscious, and Gan is as well (or dead), Iluvitar should probably win by default.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Filth and slander. Slappy the Living Dummy counts down on the Cuckoo Clock of Doom while surfing down the Beast Coaster as he looks for blood.

MONSTER BLOOD

Though since Azathoth is unconscious, and Gan is as well (or dead), Iluvitar should probably win by default.
    Real talk though, this clears things up, seems pretty open and shut.

Azathoth, the Blind Idiot God (Lovecraft) created everything in his dreams, and in waking will destroy everything.

Gan (Stephen King) purportedly vomited out the Universe, and then retreated into his shell/died.

Gan/Stephen King is actually the "Other" who created the King multiverse and real world. Maturin was the name of the Turtle that vomited up a universe that he and IT resided in. IT *assumes* that the Turtle died but is shown to still be alive in the Dark Tower series.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Gan/Stephen King is actually the "Other" who created the King multiverse and real world. Maturin was the name of the Turtle that vomited up a universe that he and IT resided in. IT *assumes* that the Turtle died but is shown to still be alive in the Dark Tower series.
    Bleh. I always conflate Maturin and Gan. Apologies there.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

Yeah Turtle And Gan are different. Gan was the other who gave kudos to Bill for killing pennywise and is the greater Hod good force in Fark Tower.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Coocoo Clock of Doom to go back in time and stop the writers from writing their famous books? Or maybe even being born at all?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

If you bring time travel for RL. Lovecraft gets Yog Slotha Powers. Meaning he *is* time now.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    If you bring time travel for RL. Lovecraft gets Yog Slotha Powers. Meaning he *is* time now.
    Not if he never gave himself Yog Slotha?

Maybe? I don't know how timetravel works when we mix and match like this.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Coocoo Clock of Doom to go back in time and stop the writers from writing their famous books? Or maybe even being born at all?
    Yea ... everyone else is pretty well outclassed by the Lovecraftverse/Tolkienverse/Kingverse.

I'm not even sure why Stephanie Meyers is here.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Not if he never gave himself Yog Slotha?

Maybe? I don't know how timetravel works when we mix and match like this.
    A time manipulator vs the Personification of Time is ... a losing fight for the manipulator.

Arx Inosaan