Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    They both have telekinesis, but use it in completely different ways. It's like saying Harpoon and Havok have the same powerset because they both use energy projection.
    Exactly.And Emma had diamond form;which has it's very own powerset.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    powerset,powerset,powrset.
    Fallacy, fallacy, fallacy.

Magneto/Polaris = Xavier/Jean, in many ways. There are multiple psionic, elemental, & teleporting type Mutants, just to name a few prolific ability classes, that are shared. And powers alone, don't make a character. Also...

... among MANY others, all say hi.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magneto serves a completely different role than Polaris. Besides neither has been chosen for a team bc of their powers. ...
    Yep, what l'il legit discussion can be had, pretty much begins & ends there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

Magneto/Polaris = Xavier/Jean, in many ways. There are multiple psionic, elemental, & teleporting type Mutants, just to name a few prolific ability classes, that are shared. And powers alone, don't make a character. Also...
    How much important jean was before DPS?Does xavier Has TK?i wonder.

In case you missed my posts in bold, jean/magneto has very importance in x-men lore to let the others shine.

And claw people have very different subsection in x-men.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    They both have telekinesis, but use it in completely different ways. It's like saying Harpoon and Havok have the same powerset because they both use energy projection.
    Um no as Alex and Harpoon actually have completely different powersets. Harpoon can transfer bio energy into physical objects which he needs to throw in order to cause that transformation. That energy can have different effects ranging from stunning, paralyizing exploding or disintegrating the target. Alex absorbs and releases cosmic energy from within himself.

Jean and Betsy have the same exact powers. Betsy utilizes it differently due to her fighting style and being more of a brawler, but she still has the exact same powers as Jean and vice versa. They have a different fighting style, but same powers

Of course there are.But how many of them are important to the x-men lore as jean,mageneto?

The claw people have a different subsection in the x-men,just to remind you. That's why it's not a problem.
    Plenty of them are. We can and do have multiple characters with the same powers, both major and minor. Again Magneto and Lorna dont even fill the same role.

I dont see why claw people should be treated any differently

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

... among MANY others, all say hi.
    Apparently only when it comes to Polaris (and Rachel) does having the same power as another character mean the death of her relevancy

BANNED

... In case you missed my posts in bold...
    Nope, but in bold or not, it's still all bogus. I can understand you needing to move goalposts tho, as it's a prerequisite for weak arguments.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Then you might as well get Xavier to marry Jean Grey.
    Now that Chuck has his new younger not-a-paraplegic Fantomex body, I would not be terribly surprised if he hasn't at least considered making a play for Jean...

But Havok? Ugh. With Scott dead, this is really Alex's time to finally be able to shine, and, not so much, because nobody really cares about Alex. Lorna was the only good thing to come out of Lorna and Alex, IMO.

I'd rather see Jean with Ororo, and I'm not even joking.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    […]
    Polaris is one of Jean's closest friends.
    […]
    The obvious answer is Jean + Lorna, of course!

BANNED

... Apparently only when it comes to Polaris (and Rachel) does having the same power as another character mean the death of her relevancy

... talk about fundamentally flawed. Such silly nonsense, it is.

BANNED

Yeah,but blaming on alex is such a strong argument.Such a silly nonsense.

BANNED

Um no as Alex and Harpoon actually have completely different powersets. Harpoon can transfer bio energy into physical objects which he needs to throw in order to cause that transformation. That energy can have different effects ranging from stunning, paralyizing exploding or disintegrating the target. Alex absorbs and releases cosmic energy from within himself.

Jean and Betsy have the same exact powers. Betsy utilizes it differently due to her fighting style and being more of a brawler, but she still has the exact same powers as Jean and vice versa. They have a different fighting style, but same powers

Plenty of them are. We can and do have multiple characters with the same powers, both major and minor. Again Magneto and Lorna dont even fill the same role.
    Oh,please tell me!Give me some insight!Enlighten me.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Lorna got screwed because of her connection to magneto,just like rachel because of jean.(Same powerset).Havok is hardly a factor here.They are not gonna one up lorna/rachel when there is magneto/jean.
    I mean look at rachel.Where was she,when jean was dead?An argument can be said that there's emma,but emma doesn't have TK.TK is one of the most important powerset in X-world.

But hey,let's blame havok,who himself get any chance in the X-world.
    Lorna wasn't connected to Mags until the early 00's, and Jean was dead for fourteen years, not sure if those are the exact reasons.

Your second point supports that notion.

Yeah,but blaming on alex is such a strong argument.Such a silly nonsense.
    People have stated the arguments for how Lorna has gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to Alex but you havent really done much to support your argument that he has gotten the short end of the stick in terms of her. Your entire argument has been one big deflection by throwing Magneto into the mix bc they have the same powers but even if were to agree on that, that still means nothing for Alex and how he supposedly has been a victim of Lorna

Oh,please tell me!Give me some insight!Enlighten me.
    Cant tell f being sarcastic or serious

BANNED

People have stated the arguments for how Lorna has gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to Alex but you havent really done much to support your argument that he has gotten the short end of the stick in terms of her. Your entire argument has been one big deflection by throwing Magneto into the mix bc they have the same powers but even if were to agree on that, that still means nothing for Alex and how he supposedly has been a victim of Lorna
    That was about the hate he gets because of lorna in case i was not clear.

Cant tell f being sarcastic or serious
    Oh!I'm sirius black.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 10-15-2018 at 07:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Lorna wasn't connected to Mags until the early 00's, and Jean was dead for fourteen years, not sure if those are the exact reasons.

Your second point supports that notion.
    Connection meant as the exact same power.And where was rachel's development when jean was gone?

Havok is never gonna get out of Scott's shadow.