Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Obviously but Im interested in trying to see it from your point of view
    Lorna got screwed because of her connection to magneto,just like rachel because of jean.(Same powerset).Havok is hardly a factor here.They are not gonna one up lorna/rachel when there is magneto/jean.
    I mean look at rachel.Where was she,when jean was dead?An argument can be said that there's emma,but emma doesn't have TK.TK is one of the most important powerset in X-world.

But hey,let's blame havok,who himself get any chance in the X-world.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

lmao

No, Lorna hasn't been screwed because of her connection to Magneto. That being revealed finally gave writers something else to explore, as opposed to beating the same dead ass horse that is Alex and Lorna. All Polaris does is show up to move his plot from point A to point B, or have something happen to her so we can explore Alex's man pain. Writers strip Lorna of all her agency when around Alex, and that's been happening since the 1970s. I wasn't going to say anything in this thread, but seeing people state that her romance with Alex hasn't hurt the character, or that Lorna is somehow hurting Alex's character is nothing but false. Her presence in Blue was again in support of Alex, and before that, she was stuck in space to support his plot once again (about ten years ago). People who say otherwise aren't well read on the character.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 10-15-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Lorna got screwed because of her connection to magneto,just like rachel because of jean.(Same powerset).Havok is hardly a factor here.They are not gonna one up lorna/rachel when there is magneto/jean.
    I mean look at rachel.Where was she,when jean was dead?An argument can be said that there's emma,but emma doesn't have TK.TK is one of the most important powerset in X-world.

But hey,let's blame havok,who himself get any chance in the X-world.
    Lorna wasnt canonically Magneto's daughter until Austen made it so when he wrote UXM. That arguably gave her some relevance as she likely wouldnt have been used in the limited capacity that we've seen her in recent years.

How do you explain how she's been mistreated in the 70s, 80s and 90s when Magneto was largely a nonfactor to her? She was an accessory to Havok and when she didnt have him she was made weak and crazy over him. She failed to form relationships and connections with other characters when he wasnt around to facilitate that whereas the same cant be said in reverse

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by soulsword323 View Post
    lmao

no, lorna hasn't been screwed because of her connection to magneto. That being revealed finally gave writers something else to explore, as opposed to beating the same dead ass horse that is alex and lorna. All polaris does is show up to move his plot from point a to point b, or have something happen to her so we can explore alex's man pain. Writers strip lorna of all her agency when around alex, and that's been happening since the 1970s. I wasn't going to say anything in this thread, but seeing people state that her romance with alex hasn't hurt the character, or that lorna is somehow hurting alex's character is nothing but false. Her presence in blue was again in support of alex, and before that, she was stuck in space to support his plot once again (about ten years ago). People who say otherwise aren't well read on the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by havok83 View Post
    lorna wasnt canonically magneto's daughter until austen made it so when he wrote uxm. That arguably gave her some relevance as she likely wouldnt have been used in the limited capacity that we've seen her in recent years.

How do you explain how she's been mistreated in the 70s, 80s and 90s when magneto was largely a nonfactor to her? She was an accessory to havok and when she didnt have him she was made weak and crazy over him. She failed to form relationships and connections with other characters when he wasnt around to facilitate that whereas the same cant be said in reverse
    powerset,powerset,powrset.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

powerset,powerset,powrset.
    This is just deflection at its finest, and does nothing to support your claim of Lorna harming Alex's character. In a sea of psychic powers, this is just a pitiful excuse. Her powerset hasn't hindered the character, its the fact that no one does anything outside of supporting cosmic rings and mind control is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    This is just deflection at its finest, and does nothing to support your claim of Lorna harming Alex's character. In a sea of psychic powers, this is just a pitiful excuse. Her powerset hasn't hindered the character, its the fact that no one does anything outside of supporting cosmic rings and mind control is.
    Like i said before they're not gonna promote lorna/rachel when they have magneto/jean with same powerset.

Like i said before they're not gonna promote lorna/rachel when they have magneto/jean with same powerset.
    what about Emma, Psylocke? your arguemnt has many flaws

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    what about Emma, Psylocke? your arguemnt has many flaws
    Did emma/psylock has exact powerset?lol.

Ultimate Member

I don't remember Marvel or any of the writers ever saying that they kept Lorna down because Alex was so much better, and when people attack Alex for keeping Lorna from making a lot of friends somehow I then feel compelled to ask who Alex is supposedly so close to outside of Lorna, who are his friends...I think that Alex has about as many close friends as Lorna does and I don't remember anyone ever blaming Lorna for that...

Did emma/psylock has exact powerset?lol.
    Very close to what Jean is

BANNED

Oh really?Are they now?

Emma? You can make a case, if you ignore the diamond form.

Psylocke? No. Her power set is dramatically different.

Magneto serves a completely different role than Polaris. Besides neither has been chosen for a team bc of their powers. Not to mention the many characters with claws, strength, flight, generic energy blasts....I dont see why similar powerset should be an issue with Lorna

shoot the female team had 3 TP/TK wielders

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Emma? You can make a case, if you ignore the diamond form.

Psylocke? No. Her power set is dramatically different.
    than Jean? No. They have the same exact power.
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-15-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Magneto serves a completely different role than Polaris. Besides neither has been chosen for a team bc of their powers. Not to mention the many characters with claws, strength, flight, generic energy blasts....I dont see why similar powerset should be an issue with Lorna

shoot the female team had 3 TP/TK wielders

than Jean? No. They have the same exact power.
    They both have telekinesis, but use it in completely different ways. It's like saying Harpoon and Havok have the same powerset because they both use energy projection.

BANNED

Magneto serves a completely different role than Polaris. Besides neither has been chosen for a team bc of their powers. Not to mention the many characters with claws, strength, flight, generic energy blasts....I dont see why similar powerset should be an issue with Lorna.
    Of course there are.But how many of them are important to the x-men lore as jean,mageneto?

The claw people have a different subsection in the x-men,just to remind you. That's why it's not a problem.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 10-15-2018 at 03:10 PM.