Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Alex and Jean would be bad as a romantic option. Alex has already had a relationship with Maddie, putting him with Jean would just cement him as the guy who goes through all his brother's exes - meaning we'd eventually get a rehash of Alex and Emma too.

For all the people who dislike Jean and Scott as a couple, why do you think an uninspired remake would be any better?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Absolutely not.
    This would be wrong on so many levels.
    Polaris is one of Jean's closest friends. Dating her ex-fiance would certainly damage their friendship. That's just something you don't do.
    Havok has already been with Jean's clone, Madelyne Pryor and had a relationship with Jean Grey in Mutant-X universe. The relationship has been covered already.
    Has 616 Jean ever had an interest in Havok before? I don't recall. Plus one Summers brother does not substitute another.
    Very much agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    What is more realistic is the return of Gabrial Summers, only to discover that Jean Grey is very much alive, and develops an obsession with her. This would pit Deathbird against Jean Grey which would be a far more interesting read as far as I am concerned.
    If not romantically, like just chasing greater power, yes it will be interesting. If otherwise, god this family is so totally cursed and toxic, please no.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

I should of added that Jean would reject Gabrial's advances, causing him to become obsessed with her leading to Deathbird coming for her

Man, i just remember how every villain wanted to have their way with Storm in Claremont's run lol.
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-13-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    X-Men characters have never done well when put with other marvel characters who are not directly part of the x-men universe. Hopefully this theory will become a lot more clear with the future movies once Avengers/FF start getting forced in X-Men movies because??? Look at the track record-

Apart from the African heritage, what interest did storm and black panther have in common?

Kitty dated Star Lord and nothing came from that.

Jean may not have dated Johnny but Rogue kind of did and it was a wtf moment though not as bad as the Sentry thing.

X-Men mutants have never had any feasible long term romances with characters not part of the x-men
    the only way to work is the character having a solo or they working on same team.

Jean isn't on any team outside of x-men.

male characters with solo are: doctor strange, captain america, Thor, spider-man, cosmic ghost rider, venom, iron man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Man, i just remember how every villain wanted to have their way with Storm in Claremont's run lol.
    Yeah, but how can we blame them, right? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Yeah, but how can we blame them, right? LOL
    True

10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Alex and Jean would be bad as a romantic option. Alex has already had a relationship with Maddie, putting him with Jean would just cement him as the guy who goes through all his brother's exes - meaning we'd eventually get a rehash of Alex and Emma too.

For all the people who dislike Jean and Scott as a couple, why do you think an uninspired remake would be any better?
    To be fair, Scott treated Jean and Maddie like crap. People shouldn't judge Alex if he goes to his brother exes

I would take a unispired romance than a rehash that I don't want to see. It's not like I think Alex deserves Jean, but Scott deserves even less

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    To be fair, Scott treated Jean and Maddie like crap. People shouldn't judge Alex if he goes to his brother exes

I would take a unispired romance than a rehash that I don't want to see. It's not like I think Alex deserves Jean, but Scott deserves even less
    People should judge Alex for going after his brother's exes. I don't know in what world that's okay, it's objectively bad.

BANNED

Scott & Alex deservess better than to be wolverine stand in.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Scott & Alex deservess better than to be wolverine stand in.
    Good thing that they weren't. Althougth Maddie probably used Alex as an stand in for Scott... creeeeeepy.

Good thing that they weren't. Althougth Maddie probably used Alex as an stand in for Scott... creeeeeepy.
    Maddie was messed up..not entirely her fault

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    People should judge Alex for going after his brother's exes. I don't know in what world that's okay, it's objectively bad.
    I don't really see a problem, maybe not ideal or healthy. But not really wrong. But I can see a problem that Maddie is Jean's clone, it would look like Alex want a replay
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-13-2018 at 11:23 AM.

BANNED

Maddie was fridged for jean,we all know that.

BANNED

if they do get together Scott will have a rude shock waiting for him on his return from the dead and give rise to a weird triangle on the lines of vision/wanda/Simon. wonder how he will cope with it. will he find solace in the white Queens diamond arms or will he be ensnared by the demonic guile of the goblin queen. they could get together and mourn the loss of their adult son at the hands of his younger self. things could proceed from that point not that I am saying he is returning anytime soon or cable is definitely dead.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    As someone with a handful of brothers -- and a half dozen ex-sisters in law -- it's unthinkable. It's disgusting and pretty damn heinous. I know there are some bubble societies and fringe world cultures where this sort of thing is accepted, but I'd rather not see anything like this outside of the mythological pantheon of gods. Presumably there are over 5 billion souls on 616. Alex shouldn't have any problems finding someone other than Jean to date.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin