Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Ugh, i hate Morrison. Scott went from being seen as a guy that worshipped Jean, lived and breath for her to being seen as a douche. What a disgusting way to erase and fuck such and epic romance.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-13-2018 at 08:16 AM.

Storm's relationship with BP shows the pitfalls of cross-franchise romance. It's one thing if the character is just floating(like Human Torch was after Secret Wars with Medusa), but to have Jean date Winter Soldier or Johnny when she has her own things going on in X-Men, and they in the Avengers/FF world, is just not feasible long term.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Ugh, i hate Morrison. Scott went from breing seen as a guy that worshipped Jean, lived and breath for her to being seen as a douche. What a disgusting way to erase and fuck such and epic romance.
    I think your sentence describes the problem with Scott/Jean or at least how Morrison saw the relationship. "Worship", "lived and breathed". That's not a relationship. It sounds like a cult

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    While I am against this, I do want to point out that it would be waaay better than repeating Jott stories just for the sake of doing something old.
    It's like choosing between a punch on the face or a kick on the balls. Jott is awful, Alex is also a bad option but at least NEW.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    There's nothing between them that I can think of but awkwardness. Probably why writers won't let them meet...
    It must be weird having intimate memories of someone that she was never interested.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-13-2018 at 08:00 AM.

While I am against this, I do want to point out that it would be waaay better than repeating Jott stories just for the sake of doing something old.
    You want Jean away from Scott so badly that you'd be open to saddling her with this kind of baggage?

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    There are other characters outside the X-Men, people. She could date people like the Human Torch, the ideal rebound for redhead girls, or Bucky, who would understand the whole "being manipulated by higher powers" thing perfectly.

I'm just presenting options, there's a world out there. As long as she doesn't get with the fish prick, there are a lot of non mutant heroes who could have a cool relationship with her.
    I've suggested Hawkeye, but your suggestions are good too.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I'm not saying that they need to get together but after reading both Astonishing X-Men and X-Men Red I believe that both Jean and Havok would create good chemistry together in a title.
    Not everything needs to lead to a relationship.
    If this is what you meant then your original thread title is very poorly written. There's nothing wrong with them establishing a decent friendship, but nothing further should occur.

Ugh, i hate Morrison. Scott went from breing seen as a guy that worshipped Jean, lived and breath for her to being seen as a douche. What a disgusting way to erase and fuck such and epic romance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I think your sentence describes the problem with Scott/Jean or at least how Morrison saw the relationship. "Worship", "lived and breathed". That's not a relationship. It sounds like a cult
    If it's reciprocal, then it's strong language to describe their love for one another; if it's more about Scott specifically, then yeah, not a healthy way of looking at the relationship.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Ey, there is the love rectangle thread to discuss that stuff, don't derail this one into another Jean/Scott deppreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's like choosing between a punch on the face or a kick on the balls. Jott is awful, Alex is also a bad option but at least NEW.
    Dude, no, this logic is so bad. In what world would Jean (or Havok) come out looking good through that relationship? In-universe, the characters would have to respond with disgust that they would do such a thing, and if they didn't then it would simply give Jean's detractors ammunition for their stance that Jean gets away with anything. I'm not agreeing with that sentiment, but this is just such a bad idea.

If someone is seriously against Jott this much, have Jean date outside of the X-Books entirely. Maybe even move her out of them for a little while, give her a solo book and have her explore the larger MU.

Ey, there is the love rectangle thread to discuss that stuff, don't derail this one into another Jean/Scott deppreciation.
    Look, you brought up Jott, depreciation shouldn't automatically be booted if it's respectful to other posters or doesn't become a hole in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    If it's reciprocal, then it's strong language to describe their love for one another; if it's more about Scott specifically, then yeah, not a healthy way of looking at the relationship.
    In Morrison's X-Men Jean was described as not human and perfect despite not actually being perfect and showing humanity in HCT. That's how Cyclops saw her and he felt he wasn't good enough. That description above sounds like a vast relationship imbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    In Morrison's X-Men Jean was described as not human and perfect despite not actually being perfect. That's how Cyclops saw her and he felt he wasn't good enough. That description above sounds like a vast relationship imbalance
    Right, I've read Morrison's run many times, I get that's what he was going for in his run, but maybe that's not what phoenixzero23 meant. Maybe they meant that it was reciprocal before Morrison, and he changed their dynamics too much to fit his story? I'm trying to understand their point.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Your hatred blinds you.

Seriously, sometimes you guys need to take a step back and see what you're actually saying.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm's relationship with BP shows the pitfalls of cross-franchise romance. It's one thing if the character is just floating(like Human Torch was after Secret Wars with Medusa), but to have Jean date Winter Soldier or Johnny when she has her own things going on in X-Men, and they in the Avengers/FF world, is just not feasible long term.
    X-Men characters have never done well when put with other marvel characters who are not directly part of the x-men universe. Hopefully this theory will become a lot more clear with the future movies once Avengers/FF start getting forced in X-Men movies because??? Look at the track record-

Apart from the African heritage, what interest did storm and black panther have in common?

Kitty dated Star Lord and nothing came from that.

Jean may not have dated Johnny but Rogue kind of did and it was a wtf moment though not as bad as the Sentry thing.

X-Men mutants have never had any feasible long term romances with characters not part of the x-men

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Dude, no, this logic is so bad. In what world would Jean (or Havok) come out looking good through that relationship? In-universe, the characters would have to respond with disgust that they would do such a thing, and if they didn't then it would simply give Jean's detractors ammunition for their stance that Jean gets away with anything. I'm not agreeing with that sentiment, but this is just such a bad idea.

If someone is seriously against Jott this much, have Jean date outside of the X-Books entirely. Maybe even move her out of them for a little while, give her a solo book and have her explore the larger MU.
    I only remember 2 characters ever opposing Scemma: Rachel and Logan. Everyone else just didn't cared.
    I don't see why any character should care about this. Maybe Lorna because Jean is her friend and alex is her ex.
    That would be sexism if X-men just decided that she was doing something wrong. There is nothing wrong

Dating outside of x-men could be ideal, but Jean needs a way to interact with the outside characters. It's not so easy and I think writers aren't interested on it

Absolutely not.
    This would be wrong on so many levels.
    Polaris is one of Jean's closest friends. Dating her ex-fiance would certainly damage their friendship. That's just something you don't do.
    Havok has already been with Jean's clone, Madelyne Pryor and had a relationship with Jean Grey in Mutant-X universe. The relationship has been covered already.
    Has 616 Jean ever had an interest in Havok before? I don't recall. Plus one Summers brother does not substitute another.
    What is more realistic is the return of Gabrial Summers, only to discover that Jean Grey is very much alive, and develops an obsession with her. This would pit Deathbird against Jean Grey which would be a far more interesting read as far as I am concerned.