Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    They have no plan for a sequel because it doesn't seem like they have any faith in the character himself. They basically had to be forced into doing MOS so they could keep the rights, didn't they? They care more about being able to slap the logo on merchandise than they do in doing the character justice. They may now be deciding to go around the actual central character and use everyone else but him to keep the super mythos going. Whether they intend it be or not, it's pretty much a big middle finger.

It's kind of hard to blame them for not having faith in the brand in light of the damage the DCEU has done to it, so it doesn't make sense to rush into a new film with Cavill as the face. But that's down to the company's screw ups, so it's hard to sympathize.
    Yeah - that's been my problem with WB for a loooong time now. They just seem to not "get" the character's appeal at all. I don't even think they've learned not to shove an S-shaped peg into a Bat-shaped hole yet, but if we're REALLY lucky, they may have actually learned that one this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    From what I gather there’s two big issues: 1. WB doesn’t like Cavill’s agent Garcia because she’s trying to get them to treat him like an A-Lister, and they don’t think he deserves that yet. 2. They want him to cameo but they don’t want to put an actual film into production yet, which of course irritates Cavill’s because they want to get around his original contract so they can use him without paying him what he feels he’s worth. Right now it doesn’t look like they’re going to come to an agreement. I read someone argue that we may be about to see a repeat of Routh: They’ll wait however many years before Cavill’s contract expires and then make a new Superman film. In the meantime they’re going to try to swap him out with Supergirl. Dunno if it will work but that looks to be the plan.

I care more about the character than Cavill. I wish him luck with his career (and I’m excited for Witcher), but I’d rather they just reboot the character if they have to. Ditch Snyder’s baggage and start over, preferably with someone whose actually read a freaking comic book for once.
    The problem for WB is that Cavill, despite having movies that weren't well-received by audiences overall, is still VERY well liked. His reputation isn't sullied by all this, at least not by much in the fanbase's eyes (again, speaking overall). Imo right now, they don't deserve him.

If I were in Cavill's shoes at this point... honestly, the Witcher is a great move, and if he can get James Bond that'd be great. If both of those things happen, I'd be telling WB where they can shove their ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This is where I am too. I was never a fan of the DCEU and it would not break my heart if it went away. Plus, they've made a lot of questionable decisions creatively. A Batman that's at the end of his career when all the other heroes are just starting out seems kind of dumb to me. It just seemed like an excuse to do DKR: The Movie. Plus, I get they want to keep all the elements of his history, like the death of Jason Todd, but this is supposed to be for a general audience. Fan service means nothing to the average person who just wants to watch a Superman or Batman movie. How many people now think Wonder Woman works at the Louvre because of that movie?
    Yeah, I can't say I'd mourn the loss of the DCEU either.. but it'll suck for Henry to meet the same basic fate as Brandon, Superman-wise.

Speaking of Brandon, given that the CW crossover is "Elseworlds," it'd be great if Brandon got to put on a Superman costume again, like John Wesley Shipp got to do with a recreation of his CBS Flash costume.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Didn't know where to post this. Don't know how reliable this person is but him and another guy are suggesting some Superman news is coming soon... Not holding my breath but...

https://twitter.com/TheComixKid/stat...86374384357376

Hmm, Shazam is doing reshoots in November.. makes you wonder if it's related..
    Last edited by stargazer01; 10-23-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Okay, so I just saw a video that suggested that WW2 is going to be used as a reboot for the DCEU. Have no idea how reliable this source is but if it's true this could be HUGE!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK2xBqk8w4I
    Assassinate Putin!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Worked with Batman
    Ha! Yeah, I'm sure Warner Bros. is soooo pleased with their casting of Ben Affleck now

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Okay, so I just saw a video that suggested that WW2 is going to be used as a reboot for the DCEU. Have no idea how reliable this source is but if it's true this could be HUGE!:

It's plausable. I could easily see them using a Wonder Woman movie to reset everything.

This necessarily doesn't mean for sure Cavill is out. I'd wager this could be in part a not so subtle message to him " we are soft rebooting the universe. We can do a Superman movie with or without you and the fans may now more easily accept a change. You may want to rethink things."

Or...they will just erase Supes and replace him outright with Kara or Val-Zod. Honestly neither would surprise me.

I am a bit disappointed that we will have to wait even longer for WW84. I was looking forward to it! I just pray whatever changes made don't mess up Patty Jenkins' vision for this film. I would hate to see WB hijack her movie and cause some bad blood between her and the studio. If there is indeed a Superman reboot in the offing I would like to see her involved on some level.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 10-24-2018 at 01:48 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I
    I am a bit disappointed that we will have to wait even longer for WW84. I was looking forward to it! I just pray whatever changes made don't mess up Patty Jenkins' vision for this film. I would hate to see WB hijack her movie and cause some bad blood between her and the studio. If there is indeed a Superman reboot in the offing I would like to see her involved on some level.
    From what little I've heard her talk about other DC heroes, I think WB should just hand the whole DC catalog to Jenkins and let her godmother the whole thing the same way Feige godfathers the MCU.

I still maintain that a DC shared universe wasn't necessary and WB's greed was misplaced; they control the biggest, most well known superhero names on earth. There was never any reason to ape Marvel, who only pushed their MCU because they didn't have access to their biggest IP's and needed the gimmick to generate interest.

But if they remain determined to make a shared universe work, it's only going to be successful if it has a singular vision that understands all the IP's and doesn't just try to force them into a Bat shape. Jenkins could very well be that person.....but I have no faith in WB to recognize what makes a good superhero movie, much less how to construct a whole shared experience with them.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I don't get this Bat shaped hole people keep going on about. Nolan shaped hole yes but not Bat shaped. Nolan brought Batman into his world not the other way around let's remember that. There was no Artdeco in Man of Steel. Geiger and Rococo maybe with Krypton but not Artdeco.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    I don't get this Bat shaped hole people keep going on about. Nolan shaped hole yes but not Bat shaped. Nolan brought Batman into his world not the other way around let's remember that. There was no Artdeco in Man of Steel. Geiger and Rococo maybe with Krypton but not Artdeco.
    WB said themselves in a statement a few years back that people seemed to like the darker direction of the Batman films, and that they saw that as a template for their other properties. Hence: Bat-shaped hole. It's a character perspective thing, not a building design thing.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Grace is full of ****, don’t believe anything she says. This is utter nonsense, it’s not going to reboot anything. WW1984 will be a sequel to WW and that’s it, they’re specifically moving away from tying each individual movie to the wider world now.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    WB said themselves in a statement a few years back that people seemed to like the darker direction of the Batman films, and that they saw that as a template for their other properties. Hence: Bat-shaped hole. It's a character perspective thing, not a building design thing.
    This is one of the main reasons why I don't trust WB. Because how many people helped make MOS? And yet in that entire timeframe why did no one say: "You know, maybe what works for Batman doesn't work Superman"?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Grace is full of ****, don’t believe anything she says. This is utter nonsense, it’s not going to reboot anything. WW1984 will be a sequel to WW and that’s it, they’re specifically moving away from tying each individual movie to the wider world now.
    This. Where's my 'like' button CBR?
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Rumor mill is circulating talk about Cavill in Shazam after all. Which means nothing either way, it's either him fulfilling his contract and walking, or planning something new.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...e-date-Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Rumor mill is circulating talk about Cavill in Shazam after all. Which means nothing either way, it's either him fulfilling his contract and walking, or planning something new.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...e-date-Witcher
    Fingers crossed they worked out a cameo. If Cavill appears in Shazam, that means WB is at least open to the idea of continuing Superman in some way ("being open" is better than no plans at all). If they weren't, they wouldn't bother with the cameo and just have his last appearance be the shirt rip & flying off into the sky in JL.

Fingers crossed.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."