Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Wild & Ill-Informed MCU Phase 4 Predictions!

So we know what films and shows we're getting out of Marvel for the next few years, we know some casting decisions, and we have some scant details about what we're getting. But not a whole lot to go off of! So this is the perfect time to take what little we know and make wild, ill-informed predictions about what'll happen!

I think we're getting

The Thunderbolts Initiative. Half inspired by the Dark Avengers as well as the Thunderbolts. A decade ago Nick Fury showed up at the end of movies talking about recruiting heroes for a new team. I think in Phase 4, we're gonna get Thunderbolt Ross showing up in end-credit scenes to recruit the villains. I think this because of Ross' return to the MCU since Civil War (he's not an actor you waste!) and Zemo's upcoming return in Falcon & Winter Soldier. And Taskmaster. And possibly a few other potential bad guys who feel like solid "Thunderbolt/Dark Avengers" material.

I think Wandavision is going to be about Wanda trying to re-build Vision. I think she's going to ask Wakanda to repair Viz's body (easy enough with Shuri) and upload what Shuri saved of Viz's programming/personality back in. We'll get a Viz with missing memories and no emotion. And Nightmare will offer Wanda a chance to save Viz's "soul" and restore their love. The show's sitcom/suburban setting will be a dream that goes dark. My wild and ill-informed prediction is that Wanda will snap; manipulated by Nightmare and desperate to save Viz, she goes off the deep end and we'll get crazy Wanda. When she appears in Dr. Strange 2, it'll be as a "mini boss" in the film; once stopped she'll snap out of her rage and help Strange defeat Nightmare. Oh, we'll also learn that while the mind stone shaped Wanda's powers, her powers are actually magic and its the genetic potential (re: mutants) that let her and her brother survive Strucker's experiments.

Thor will remain chubby, and he'll still get all the girls (except Jane). The GotG will cameo in Thor 4, just as Strange and Hulk were in Thor 3. This will be Hemsworth's final film and the first of a Jane trilogy. Marvel's first romantic comedy.

Black Widow will set up Yelena as Nat's successor. This will be ScarJo's final film and the first of a Yelena trilogy. Maybe. Or it might just be a stand-alone film, like Incredible Hulk but without the troubles with Universal.

Hawkeye will explore Clint's past in the crime circus, and his brother will be the villain, and it'll all be very Fraction-esque. No reason for this prediction other than "what else would they do?"

Marvel is putting together a Champions/Young Avengers team and we'll see them after Ant-Man 3 (2024) lays the groundwork for Stature. No reason for this prediction beyond it being kinda obvious, I think.

Shang Chi's father has been the secret power behind many of the criminal organizations we've seen in the MCU. He helped finance AIM, he controls the Ten Rings, he was a council member of Hydra before it fell, etc. And nobody knows. He's the Keiser Soze of the MCU. To the Ten Rings he was the Mandarin, to his Chinese mob he's Zheng, to AIM he was, I dunno, Mr. Pink.

The current Spider-Man/Sony troubles will be resolved and Holland will get his final film in the MCU. Then Sony will take over completely with Miles.

By 2025 we *still* wont have a Nova movie!
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-01-2019 at 09:01 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The Thunderbolts Initiative. Half inspired by the Dark Avengers as well as the Thunderbolts. A decade ago Nick Fury showed up at the end of movies talking about recruiting heroes for a new team. I think in Phase 4, we're gonna get Thunderbolt Ross showing up in end-credit scenes to recruit the villains. I think this because of Ross' return to the MCU since Civil War (he's not an actor you waste!) and Zemo's upcoming return in Falcon & Winter Soldier. And Taskmaster. And possibly a few other potential bad guys who feel like solid "Thunderbolt/Dark Avengers" material.
    Bruhl I think had several motion pictures in his contract and there've been a lot of Dark Avengers rumors...I could see that morphing into the Thunderbolts, maybe even the Masters of Evil.

I just wonder whether they'll introduce the classic T-Bolts individually beforehand or just throw them all in there. As far as alive villains to put in they've got Zemo and...Ghost?
    I think Wandavision is going to be about Wanda trying to re-build Vision. I think she's going to ask Wakanda to repair Viz's body (easy enough with Shuri) and upload what Shuri saved of Viz's programming/personality back in. We'll get a Viz with missing memories and no emotion. And Nightmare will offer Wanda a chance to save Viz's "soul" and restore their love. The show's sitcom/suburban setting will be a dream that goes dark. My wild and ill-informed prediction is that Wanda will snap; manipulated by Nightmare and desperate to save Viz, she goes off the deep end and we'll get crazy Wanda. When she appears in Dr. Strange 2, it'll be as a "mini boss" in the film; once stopped she'll snap out of her rage and help Strange defeat Nightmare. Oh, we'll also learn that while the mind stone shaped Wanda's powers, her powers are actually magic and its the genetic potential (re: mutants) that let her and her brother survive Strucker's experiments.
    I think Wanda will use her reality-warping to bring Vision back to life. I'm not sure if they're going to address whether Shuri successful copied his brain pattern, but whatever happens will definitely lead into the Strange movie.

Also confirmed that they will finally give her the Scarlet Witch codename and the teaser art showed her with her comic headpiece. So that's something to look forward to.
    Thor will remain chubby, and he'll still get all the girls (except Jane). The GotG will cameo in Thor 4, just as Strange and Hulk were in Thor 3. This will be Hemsworth's final film and the first of a Jane trilogy. Marvel's first romantic comedy.
    Wasn't that supposed to be Ant-Man and The Wasp? Oh wait, the director backtracked. Maybe he realized they didn't have the chemistry for a romantic comedy .

To be honest I don't expect Thor to have much luck with women at all in this movie. Kind of concerned the ladies might end up overshadowing him in his own film.

I read somewhere that the fat suit hurt Hemsworth's back so Thor might be back in shape by then. But the Fat Thor jokes and Waititi makes me think they'll keep it.

I don't know if they'll give Jane her own trilogy. I guess it depends on whether they will let legacy heroes get their own film trilogy. Will Falcon embrace the Captain America mantle and get his own movie? Or will that all be saved for the inevitable return of The Avengers?
    Black Widow will set up Yelena as Nat's successor. This will be ScarJo's final film and the first of a Yelena trilogy. Maybe. Or it might just be a stand-alone film, like Incredible Hulk but without the troubles with Universal.
    I think it will set up Widow somehow surviving Endgame, although I've seen people put in doubt as to whether ScarJo will want ot keep doing these films.

Yelena as a successor...I don't see it.
    Hawkeye will explore Clint's past in the crime circus, and his brother will be the villain, and it'll all be very Fraction-esque. No reason for this prediction other than "what else would they do?"
    I'm wondering how much of Clint's comic backstory they might use in this. Swordsman? Trickshot? I could see Barney in there kind of like Nathan's Drake brother from Uncharted.

I think the Tracksuit Dracula's might show up. Maybe Lucky. Maybe Clint and Kate getting arrested. But that's the most I see them using from the Fraction run.

Will hip holes be too much?
    Marvel is putting together a Champions/Young Avengers team and we'll see them after Ant-Man 3 (2024) lays the groundwork for Stature. No reason for this prediction beyond it being kinda obvious, I think.
    Kate Bishop, Ms. Marvel, maybe the Twins in Wanda/Vision, rumors about America Chavez...I think we might get a Champions/Young Avengers hybrid at some point.
    The current Spider-Man/Sony troubles will be resolved and Holland will get his final film in the MCU. Then Sony will take over completely with Miles.
    I don't know what the plan is for Holland but he has at least two more movies. I don't know what the plans are past that but we might get college-era Spidey movies, be they with Sony or Marvel Studios.

Hemsworths isn't going anywhere I'm willing to bet
    MIB flopped and Thor is a sure thing for him.

Guardians 3 has Peter letting 2014 Gamora go because she fell for Adam Warlock.

Syfywire mentioned the Hawkeye series is potentially set during the 5 years between the Snap. That's feel unlikely to me.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Much like Guardians before it, Eternals will be the odd ball franchise that ends up playing a crucial role in whatever story Marvel is building towards.

Thor stays Thor, Jane gets the powers of Thor but adopts the Valkyrie mantel. Queen Valkyrie stays Queen of Asgard.

Widow gets a proper (spy) goodbye either at the end of black widow or in a post credit scene.

We'll see a live action version of Wanda's Scarlet Witch suit for the first time in Doctor Strange.

A third MCU Spider-Man movie will be announced before phase 4 is over.

Sam will become Cap in FATWS but won't have his first real Cap moment until phase 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just wonder whether they'll introduce the classic T-Bolts individually beforehand or just throw them all in there. As far as alive villains to put in they've got Zemo and...Ghost?
    Well.....I'm not saying these guys are *likely* to appear in a Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers, but we have, I think......

Abomination and the Leader. Neither seen since 2008. A Marvel One-Shot said (I think) Abomination has been at the Raft this whole time. I assume the Leader could be as well.

Justin Hammer. Could be out of jail by now (we did see him in a One-Shot), could be making tech and gear for the team whether he is or not.

Zemo, of course.

Ghost.

I suppose that's it. But that's a pretty solid list to start with I suppose.

Also confirmed that they will finally give her the Scarlet Witch codename and the teaser art showed her with her comic headpiece. So that's something to look forward to.
    Hadn't heard that! I did see the art but I thought that was symbolic.

I read somewhere that the fat suit hurt Hemsworth's back so Thor might be back in shape by then. But the Fat Thor jokes and Waititi makes me think they'll keep it.
    They're gonna split the difference; rather than straight up Fat Thor, we'll have slightly out of shape Dad Bod Thor!!

Yelena as a successor...I don't see it.
    I dunno if she'll get solo movies, but pretty much every OG Avenger has a legacy coming in; Falcon as the new Cap, She-Hulk, JaneThor, Kate Bishop.....I won't be surprised at all to see Yelena stick around as the new Widow, even if, like ScarJo, she only gets team movies.

I'm wondering how much of Clint's comic backstory they might use in this. Swordsman? Trickshot? I could see Barney in there kind of like Nathan's Drake brother from Uncharted.

I think the Tracksuit Dracula's might show up. Maybe Lucky. Maybe Clint and Kate getting arrested. But that's the most I see them using from the Fraction run.
    I think they'll adapt Fraction the same way they "adapt" everything else; they'll take a few story beats and ideas and then spin it all into totally new stuff. Just like Civil War, Ragnarok, etc.

I don't know what the plan is for Holland but he has at least two more movies. I don't know what the plans are past that but we might get college-era Spidey movies, be they with Sony or Marvel Studios.
    Wild and ill-informed prediction! Sony will realize they wont be able to meet FFH's box office without Marvel's backing, they'll do at least one more film in the MCU.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Guardians 3 has Peter letting 2014 Gamora go because she fell for Adam Warlock.

Syfywire mentioned the Hawkeye series is potentially set during the 5 years between the Snap. That's feel unlikely to me.
    Adam Warlock? Nah, it's gonna be Richard Rider and GotG3 will set up Nova!

And I'm not really buying the idea of Hawkeye being set during the time jump either. No, I feel pretty confident saying the show will be set after Endgame, with Clint *actually* retiring after getting his family back and looking for a replacement.

~ Black Panther.

Holland returns for the MCU's first Night-Monkey film!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Much like Guardians before it, Eternals will be the odd ball franchise that ends up playing a crucial role in whatever story Marvel is building towards.

Thor stays Thor, Jane gets the powers of Thor but adopts the Valkyrie mantel. Queen Valkyrie stays Queen of Asgard.

Widow gets a proper (spy) goodbye either at the end of black widow or in a post credit scene.

We'll see a live action version of Wanda's Scarlet Witch suit for the first time in Doctor Strange.

A third MCU Spider-Man movie will be announced before phase 4 is over.

Sam will become Cap in FATWS but won't have his first real Cap moment until phase 5.
    In FATWS I'm betting Falcon doesnt feel worthy of being cap and rejects it. But then the Government put out they're own cap who's a little off his rocker. And with the Help of Bucky Falcon has to embrace being Cap to protecta Steve's legacy. But we dont actually hear anyone call him cap till Phase 5.

The Avengers name is retired but Marvel builds up the Ultimates as the newest top-tier supergroup.

The Young Avengers are coming, too!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I think they'll get around to bringing in Nextwave as a straight up comedy. Maybe as a film, more likely as a streaming series.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I think they'll get around to bringing in Nextwave as a straight up comedy. Maybe as a film, more likely as a streaming series.
    That would be amazing. I know the MCU leans way too heavily on its humor for a lot of fans (myself included at times) but I don't know if we can say they've done a true, straight up comedy before. I mean, Thor 3 comes close, as do a few others....but a full on, actual comedy rather than a movie with a lot (or too many) jokes? Not sure if we've seen that yet?

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    When Ant-Man and the Wasp ended, they were snagging some healing particles to further stabilize Ghost's condition, and then SNAP, five years go by. She's had plenty of time to feel betrayed once again, and reverted to type, and for Bill Foster to have helped her design a new suit to slow her degradation. She seems well-suited to fall back into villainy, and would be harder to 'talk down' than ever, after having been left to die for years, after backing down the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Holland returns for the MCU's first Night-Monkey film!
    I really wonder if that's possible?

BANNED

They make an R-rated film to appease the masses.