Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Default Dark Phoenix

Since there is a Gifted thread in this section.

In DARK PHOENIX, the X-MEN face their most formidable and powerful foe: one of their own, Jean Grey. During a rescue mission in space, Jean is nearly killed when she is hit by a mysterious cosmic force. Once she returns home, this force not only makes her infinitely more powerful, but far more unstable. Wrestling with this entity inside her, Jean unleashes her powers in ways she can neither comprehend nor contain. With Jean spiraling out of control, and hurting the ones she loves most, she begins to unravel the very fabric that holds the X-Men together. Now, with this family falling apart, they must find a way to unite -- not only to save Jean's soul, but to save our very planet from aliens who wish to weaponize this force and rule the galaxy.
    Story sounds like an amalgamation of the two Phoenix stories in Claremont’s run. And after rereading the Phoenix arc I think I know who Jessica Chastain’s character is.

I think what has been shown to us so far, it does look DP is mirroring X-3, although I Hope not. There may be some parrallels, but I want them to be very minor and portrayed differently. I am looking for a new film, a new, better, accurate one based on the comic story this time!

I'm guessing that the Jessica Chastain character (Lilandra? Cassandra Nova?) plays a role similar to Mastermind in the original storyline; not so much the creating weird illusions (something the films already did with X2 anyway), but twisting Jean's mind somehow.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm guessing that the Jessica Chastain character (Lilandra? Cassandra Nova?) plays a role similar to Mastermind in the original storyline; not so much the creating weird illusions (something the films already did with X2 anyway), but twisting Jean's mind somehow.
    Rumors say that she is a gray skrull-like shapeshifter. There is actually a character like that in the first Phoenix arc who was part of the Imperial Guard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobgob...mperial_Guard)

So I’m guessing that Jessica’s character is someone D’Ken set to manipulate Jean to use to his own ends. Basically it’s the Phoenix Saga but they replaced the M'Kraan Crystal with the Phoenix Force as the macguffin.

Maybe Chastain is the Skrull Empress? She was shown in the DP Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Maybe Chastain is the Skrull Empress? She was shown in the DP Saga.
    Doubt it. A Chameleoid seems more likely at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Rumors say that she is a gray skrull-like shapeshifter. There is actually a character like that in the first Phoenix arc who was part of the Imperial Guard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobgob...mperial_Guard)

So I’m guessing that Jessica’s character is someone D’Ken set to manipulate Jean to use to his own ends. Basically it’s the Phoenix Saga but they replaced the M'Kraan Crystal with the Phoenix Force as the macguffin.
    Just a point of clarification that neither of those things are mcguffins

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Just a point of clarification that neither of those things are mcguffins
    Seems to fit the definition of a macguffin.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/MacGuffin

I like the X-Men movies, yet I gotta admit they botched up the HFC in how they used them in First Class. I mean, a barely recognizable Shaw and Emma, plus random C-listers like Riptide and Azazel?

It would have been hecka cool if for DPS we got the classic lineup of Shaw, Frost, Leland, Pierce, and Wyngarde. But alack alas! it's not to be.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

BANNED

*Superbowl spot (Feb 3)
    *Trailer 2 arrives on YouTube (Feb 4)
    *Trailer 2 debuts theatrically with Alita: Battle Angel (Feb 14)
    *Trailer 2 plays with Captain Marvel (Mar 8)
    *Final trailer plays with Avengers: Endgame (Apr 26)

BANNED

According to Daniel Richtman of CNBC, the Evil Mouse is going to kill the X-Men franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    According to Daniel Richtman of CNBC, the Evil Mouse is going to kill the X-Men franchise.
    If he means killing the current one for their own than I say "Hallelujah" and hope Dark Phoenix is a nice send off for the main fox X-Men series.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    If he means killing the current one for their own than I say "Hallelujah" and hope Dark Phoenix is a nice send off for the main fox X-Men series.
    Hope X-23 happens on Disney+. An MCU producer was working on it and Kevin Feige seemed to have been excited for it.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-12-2019 at 01:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Fortunately, the source is not reputable.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    It wasn’t Disney that cancelled those projects but Fox because they are not going to have the rights for long, so why bother? Just like how Netflix canned the Marvel shows.