Page 25 of 105 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    I am a DC fan and I know marvel more than some of you.

Yes, Disney said they were going to keep Deadpool and Ryan.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...merger-1067651

He didn’t say anything about keeping Ryan Reynolds or the current version of Deadpool. Just says that they want to make Deadpool films, which is something Ryan Reynolds doesn’t really want.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-13-2019 at 02:48 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    He doesn’t say anything about keeping Ryan Reynolds or the current version of Deadpool. Just says that they want to make Deadpool films, which is something Ryan Reynolds doesn’t really want.

The plan was to leave Ryan and Deadpool alone. If X-Force is cancelled, Don't expect a Deadpool movie. Isn't it a sign marvel is creatively bankrupt. if they make a Deadpool movie, they would have to recast Ryan.

It took pain for DC to let Bale go. DC wanted to give bale 100m to come back for the DCEU. Marvel wants to let Ryan go as he does not fit into their child's play way of doing things. Ryan has every right to walk away. Disney are the ones that should be bowing down to him not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

-Genosha confirmed(I mean, we knew that, but I think this is the first time they confirmed it), and it looks like it'll play an important role(by the way, is that how you pronounce it? I thought it was pronounced "Jenosha"). So anyone was thinking that Magneto was ever going to have a small role, yeah no.
    Based on one of the images that were released. Jean is going to destroy Genosha which serves as a placeholder for the planet she destroyed in the comic version. Magneto’s crew and the X-Men(minus Xavier and Scott) take up the role of the Imperial Guard and try to put her down.

BANNED

He didn’t say anything about keeping Ryan Reynolds or the current version of Deadpool. Just says that they want to make Deadpool films, which is something Ryan Reynolds doesn’t really want.
    I think you're parsing these statements far too narrowly. Reynolds clearly still wants to have Deadpool in films and so does Disney, now they just need to find the course forward together.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Minor thing but I saw on twitter apparantly the cast are pronouncing the mutant nation in the movie 'guh-nosha' in interviews.

Does this bother anyone else?

Based on one of the images that were released. Jean is going to destroy Genosha which serves as a placeholder for the planet she destroyed in the comic version. Magneto’s crew and the X-Men(minus Xavier and Scott) take up the role of the Imperial Guard and try to put her down.
    Interestingly, Phoenix destroying Genosha instead of an alien also happened in the Wolverine & The X-Men version of the story. Which had Kevin Feige as a producer, who gave Kinberg some notes on this film’s script. Wonder if he suggested it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Minor thing but I saw on twitter apparantly the cast are pronouncing the mutant nation in the movie 'guh-nosha' in interviews.

Does this bother anyone else?
    ...what? Why? Why was the point of changing that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    ...what? Why? Why was the point of changing that?
    Kinberg is in charge. This is probably only scraping the surface.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    But she didn't give that reason for liking it. She said, "the one where Famke goes crazy...".

And you don't have to be an X-Men fan to see that X3 is bad. It's not a good movie anyway.
    Not true. "The Last Stand" may have been disappointing for some X-Men/comic book fans, but it was a bleak and exciting superhero movie with impressive visuals and an overall good story.

It may have been entertaining but not on a story level.

Last Stand fails for me because Cyclops with Spidey are my favorite Marvel characters and when Scott died I didn't care I didn't care when anyone died in that film if you are killing some of my favorite characters and can't get a response from me it's a fail.

BANNED

Will she die in this movie?
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-13-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Will she die in this movie?

Doubtful. All evidence points to the funeral scene being for Mystique and Jean was shown alive at the end of DOFP.

BANNED

Doubtful. All evidence points to the funeral scene being for Mystique and Jean was shown alive at the end of DOFP.
    While I am all for killing Mystique, even just for the momentary joy of it.....she's almost certainly going to become too central to the story via her death then....right?

BANNED

4761F7EB-30CE-4AE2-BBD2-18DD879CE539.jpg

The first thing Disney will do when the acquisition is complete.