Page 85 of 105 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1569

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I decided to skip seeing it. The bad reviews and the woke-ass Mystique rant turned me off. I hope Disney doesen't **** the X-Men up with any progressive bullshit when they start making the films. I really want to see and enjoy them.
    You’re going to be disappointed.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ahh yea Kurt is one of the chatacters I'm 100% confident will be better Disneyfied. Worried about Wolverine getting Neutered(Fox Neutred him.untill his very last movie anyway). But yea NightCralwer will benefit from a more a kid friendly aproach since its fit his character. Hes fun comic relief who can also deliver a powerful moral or faith based speech when needed. He not some emo guy who self mutilated and goes on killing sprees. But yea if Purifers are worth trying to save to Kurt I dont see why D'Bari wouldnt be. Sounds like from spoilers they are trying to capture the Phoenix to restore they're planet. They are more sympathetic on paper then Purifiers
    I don't even want the overly spiritual Nightcrawler. I want the classic swashbuckling ladies man version back. That was the really bad thing about both the movie version is they were just so ugly they lose that handsome ladies man aspect.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Lauren Shuler-Donner pulls a Josh Tranks on Dark Phoenix.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men...hl4U737EVtRpXI

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Lauren Shuler-Donner pulls a Josh Tranks on Dark Phoenix.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men...hl4U737EVtRpXI
    Not really.

BANNED

LSD was really good, Kinberg took control over production with First Class and it’s been mostly downhill ever since.

Mighty Member

If there is one sequence I'm going to praise, it's the Nightcrawler sequence on the train. My only criticism is that no classical music was played over it.

I decided to skip seeing it. The bad reviews and the woke-ass Mystique rant turned me off. I hope Disney doesen't **** the X-Men up with any progressive bullshit when they start making the films. I really want to see and enjoy them.
    It’s obvious you don’t recognize the irony here, with your choice of words—“progressive bullshit”—considering what most agree the X-Men is all about. But, okay, go off...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I hate forced politics of any kind in films but there is a certain irony to say you'd hate "progressive bullshit" in a comic property that is progressive in its very concept.
    LOL, no kidding.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    If there is one sequence I'm going to praise, it's the Nightcrawler sequence on the train. My only criticism is that no classical music was played over it.
    Except for the fact it made Kurt into a psycho killing machine which flies in the face of who the character actually is.

"Progressive bullshit in an X-men movie"

Do you actually understand what franchise your interested in ?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Except for the fact it made Kurt into a psycho killing machine which flies in the face of who the character actually is.
    True ... but I hated the D'Bari so much in this movie that I couldn't blame him.

True ... but I hated the D'Bari so much in this movie that I couldn't blame him.
    Yea and they already established him as a self mutilating weirdo. So what's a couple kills to go with it? I will say Nightcralwer teleportation and fighting style is very cinematic. X2 opening scene is one of my favorite scene from the entire xcu.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I saw the film yesterday, and I liked it. It wasn't the tire-fire that some people say it is, but it's by no means the best the franchise has to offer. It's far better than X3 and Origins, and I enjoyed it more than First Class, which I consider the best of the bad X-Movies. Not sure where I'd place it in relation to the good ones: I'll need time and an eventual rewatch to gauge that.

In terms of the good, I thought the actors put in good performances, which is something you usually have to be wary of in directorial deputs. Sophie Turner really carried the movie in my eyes: she got to show a far wider range of emotions than Famke did back in the day and did so effectively. There were also some cool set pieces (I loved Jean's at the end), and I liked Jean and Scott together. They weren't the most established on-screen romance, but I thought the actors sold it well enough. Also, there was some really nice framing and a different style of shooting than we're used to with these movies, and I thought it was really effective.

As for the stuff that didn't work, the big sore thumb is Jessica Chastain and her cadre. It's not that the idea behind them was bad: it's just that they don't have nearly enough to work with. They, and the PF itself, need a bit more fleshing out. I also wish Storm had more to her, but the brisk pacing of the movie kinda necessitated her going by the wayside; however, she did have some awesome action beats. Going along those lines, the movie as a whole needed more room to breathe: it's lacking in connective tissue, and it kinda gives it a haphazard feeling at times. I get why it goes from A to B, but there were a couple times I didn't get why the characters knew to go from A to B.

Overall, the movie needs a director's cut (about 15-20 extra minutes would do the trick), but I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't get one.

Some spoilery notes:
    spoilers:
    --Mystique's death was surprisingly bloody for PG-13. I was fine with it, just surprised that they got away with that level of gore in the rating.
    --Jean going ape on the D'Bari at the end was awesome. I mean, she gets impaled from behind and just goes, "Nope." I just wish her and Chastain coulda had a bit of a physical smackdown prior to the Phoenix-splosion
    --I think Cyclops's "You always come back to me" moment was used too soon. If you save it until the end right before Jean sacrifices herself, I think it works much better.
    --I like Cyke's f-bomb, but I don't think it was given the emphasis it needed. It works, but the it jumps right off him and doesn't give it time to hit you.
    --Cyclops got a ricochet beam knockout! I freaking loved that, and his beams in general were the best I think they've ever been portrayed. When you get hit, you get your ass knocked down. I also loved the custom optic cannon they had on the jet.
    end of spoilers
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I hate forced politics of any kind in films but there is a certain irony to say you'd hate "progressive bullshit" in a comic property that is progressive in its very concept.
    i know, right? The whole comic is an alagory about disrimination of minorities.

It's like saying I hope they don't make Spider-Man have teenage agnst about his responsibilities.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    While I don't have any way of knowing for certain, I believe that someone involved in this film might be a fan of the "Ultimate Universe..." version of Kurt. That scene was quite a bit like one from Ultimate X-Men.