Page 74 of 105 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1569

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Chris Stuckmann great acting but messy and dull.

https://youtu.be/pISf7sF32iE

BANNED

Reviews = bad movie.

"Barely better than X3" ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Reviews = bad movie.

"Barely better than X3" ouch.
    So far I've seen mostly negative review Dan at Screen Junkies said it was like they took every bad element from Last Stand and double downed.

So from the people I generally check for reviews Movie Bob gives a 2 out of 10, Grace Randolph says pass if you are not a comic fan,sophie turner or X-man, Chris Stuckman gave it a C, Jeremy Jahns called it DogS*** , Coy 6.8 out of 10 Perry 6 out of 10 for Collider, Ign gave it 6.3. These aren't reviewers with biases against comic book movies.

I am still going to see but it sucks they could get it right. Which is why MCU movies have been so good not because they have been all awesome but because they have formula for entertaining movie audiences.

Dark Phoenix should be the easiest X-Men story to adapt. Maybe the easiest comic book story to adapt. It's naturally cinematic. It's baffling that it's been screwed up twice. Well, maybe not knowing that it was written by the same person twice.

15% on RT ouch. Usually these movies start off higher and then drop as more reviews come in. Im Sure this will go up once they get more reviews in.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Just saw FJ original Jean on red carpet if you're going to get plastic surgery get references 1st.
    I have to agree. That guy didn't do her any favors.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

CBR's review basically labels it as middle-of-the-pack, which I'll take, considering the other reviews of the film.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-review/
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Reviews.

I'm not sure why the expectations were so super-high for the film, or more particularly why people were so hot on having a film version of the Phoenix Saga. People seem to forget-- or don't realize, if their only frame of reference is the TPB-- that this slowly unfolded over the course of several years worth of comics. The initial space rescue and accident-- the subsequent "power up"-- the eventual encounters with super-enhanced Phoenix to save the day. Eventually the tempting by Jason Wyngarde/Mastermind-- the introduction of the Hellfire Club-- the capture and confrontation with the Shi'Ar.. etc.

Minimally, this should have been done over the course of two films. (or three, really: film 1, give Jean the power-boost and end with Jean being charmed by Mastermind. Film 2, Hellfire Club are the villains and end with Jean blowing up a colony-planet of the Shi'Ar; part 3 goes all out in conflict with the aliens).

Condensing it down to one forces you to condense the narrative severely. I'm one of a few who don't hate The Last Stand. I'm not why fan culture was itching for a redo so bad, that they settled for another one-movie interpretation. What were they really expecting in 90 minutes?

If the X-Men end up getting a show on Disney Plus, that format would really be the best to interpret influential storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm not sure why the expectations were so super-high for the film...
    What are you talking about? Expectations for this film were pretty f-ing low.