Page 95 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1569

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    You can say the same for the MCU. 7 characters. Years don't matter. We had Wolverine solo movies and Deadpool solo movies in the middle.
    I know the origins and even small moments of their lives which reveal even more personal details of Cap, Tony, Thor, Loki, Natasha, Clint, Spidey, Vulture, Strange, Quill, Rocket, Gamora and Nebula, Yondu, Drax, Bucky, Wanda, Pietro, Bruce, Scott, Hank, Hope, T'Challa, Danvers, Fury, and even Thanos I think that is more than 7.

That's the issue it wasn't just they concentrated on that 7 in the films it was they didn't bother to develop the rest.

BANNED

Cyclops wishing he got the treatment fucking Nebula did.

If you get to count Beast and Rogue, then the MCU has probably close to 30 people that count. The XCU equivalent of Storm is probably Tazerface.

If I'm being nice it's more like Korath.

Storm isn't essential to a Dark Phoenix adaptation. Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Wolverine aren't essential either, but I'd say the Cyclops, Professor X, Magneto and White Queen roles are.

I'd cast it with a Jean, Scott, Logan and Iceman for "X-Men", and have a ton of Phoenix-y reveals that break the team up by the intermission.

Jean's powers have been hampered since childhood, Wolverine's amnesia has been neglected, Bobby's sexuality was locked behind a firewall, Cyclops was groomed for leadership at their expense.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 06-19-2019 at 08:05 PM.

By the way, Gamora had more screentime in Infinity War than Tony Stark.

Just some random information.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Jean never really becomes Dark Phoenix when you think about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I know the origins and even small moments of their lives which reveal even more personal details of Cap, Tony, Thor, Loki, Natasha, Clint, Spidey, Vulture, Strange, Quill, Rocket, Gamora and Nebula, Yondu, Drax, Bucky, Wanda, Pietro, Bruce, Scott, Hank, Hope, T'Challa, Danvers, Fury, and even Thanos I think that is more than 7.
    The vast majority of the characters you mentioned are "figures" without past or any super-depth. They are characters starred in the movies. So no, you're wrong on this.

BANNED

The vast majority of the characters you mentioned are "figures" without past or any super-depth. They are characters starred in the movies. So no, you're wrong on this.
    That is ridiculously false. It's also hard to square with you citing Beast.

We get you have a bias, but these are bad arguments. Please just enjoy the films and save these defenses.

You're really going to make me do it? Fine The Headliners of Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Spidey, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man and Wasp, and Hulk go without saying.

Loki: We know his past and family relations and getting an tv show.

Natasha: We know her past with the Red Room and Shield, saw her friendships on screen, and oh and getting a solo film.

Clint: Saw his family life rumored to be getting TV series.

Vulture: Saw his back story, motivations, and family.

Quill: Saw back story, development of his friendships, and his relationships with father figure and father.

Rocket and Drax: We know their back stories and why they are how they are also saw them build their friendships on screen.

Gamora and Nebula: Saw and told their back stories and saw them build their relationships on screen.

Yondu: Told back story and saw relationship with Quill.

Bucky: Saw back story and struggle to rediscover himself after Hydra and getting TV Series.

Wanda and Pietro: Told back stories and saw her fall in love and lose said love also getting TV Series.

Hank Pym: Told and saw back story and motivations.

Thanos: Sam as Hank.

Outside of where they lived, their powers, and who their relatives were can you tell me anything about the lives of Storm, Nightcrawler, Havok, and Cyclops?

Outside of Powers can you tell me anything about Psylocke, Kitty, Colossus, Jubilee, Rogue, Sunspot, Warpath, Bishop, Blink, Banshee, Angel Salvatore, Pyro, Darwin, or Emma?

The only X-Men to get any minor development outside of the already named 7 were Iceman at least we learned about his family life in X2, Angel's story in TLS, and Quicksilver but unlike Quicksilver that went no where.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 06-20-2019 at 09:35 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    That is ridiculously false. It's also hard to square with you citing Beast.

You know I'm right. These brilliant movies were character-driven. Revisionism of the MCU fanboys or the Anti-FOX guys will not alter reality.

Oh, don't be so serious, don't forget IRON MAN 3 and GUARDIANS-type jokes and one-liners. LMAO.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 06-20-2019 at 09:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    You're really going to make me do it? Fine The Headliners of Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Spidey, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man and Wasp, and Hulk go without saying.

Loki: We know his past and family relations and getting an tv show.

Natasha: We know her past with the Red Room and Shield, saw her friendships on screen, and oh and getting a solo film.

Clint: Saw his family life rumored to be getting TV series.

Vulture: Saw his back story, motivations, and family.

Quill: Saw back story, development of his friendships, and his relationships with father figure and father.

Rocket and Drax: We know their back stories and why they are how they are also saw them build their friendships on screen.

Gamora and Nebula: Saw and told their back stories and saw them build their relationships on screen.

Yondu: Told back story and saw relationship with Quill.

Bucky: Saw back story and struggle to rediscover himself after Hydra and getting TV Series.

Wanda and Pietro: Told back stories and saw her fall in love and lose said love also getting TV Series.

Hank Pym: Told and saw back story and motivations.

Thanos: Sam as Hank.

You're going hyperbole now.

MOST of these characters were just entertaining 3D dolls featured in lame movies like IRON MAN 3, RAGNAROK (a parody), GUARDIANS 1 & 2.

There are only very few MCU movies with the right amount of depth, movies like THE WINTER SOLDIER or ENDGAME.

Well, we're talking about a franchise where THOR was turned into a lame and wisecracking American Football player without soul or backstory left.

MOST of these characters were just entertaining 3D dolls featured in lame movies like IRON MAN 3, RAGNAROK (a parody), GUARDIANS 1 & 2.

There are only very few MCU movies with the right amount of depth, movies like THE WINTER SOLDIER or ENDGAME.

Well, we're talking about a franchise where THOR was turned into a lame and wisecracking American Football player without soul or backstory left.
    I would bet save money that outside of Logan's death in Logan more people cried when Yondu died then any character killed in a X-Men film and that says something.

BANNED

You know I'm right. These brilliant movies were character-driven. Revisionism of the MCU fanboys or the Anti-FOX guys will not alter reality.

Oh, don't be so serious, don't forget IRON MAN 3 and GUARDIANS-type jokes and one-liners. LMAO.
    You dont appear interested in a conversation. Just preaching.

And most people arent showing up for your sermons when i check the box office. So preach away guy on the corner, if thats what you choose to be.

Maybe you didn't notice, but that's exactly what you're doing.

really though, anything is better than Xavier telling Magneto "I know you're an evil racists that just killed a bunch of people, but I sense there's still good in you," and Magneto replying "Nope. Still a murderous racists. I will slap a baby if it doesn't have mutant powers." for the dozenth time.

I saw Dark Phoniex and liked it. A fitting end for a helter skelter series of films.

I didn't like Beast's arc tho.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I enjoyed this more on the second viewing. Didn’t feel nearly as rushed as the rest time I saw it.