Page 28 of 105 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    While I am all for killing Mystique, even just for the momentary joy of it.....she's almost certainly going to become too central to the story via her death then....right?
    Haha, yah unfortunately. It would just bring us way too much joy to have her show up for two seconds to then be unceremoniously killed by a flyuing manhole cover or something. Can't allow us that much joy!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Haven't you been posting on how Disney is going to ruin the X-Men franchise? That's judging movies before Disney even owns the rights.
    Have seen any Disney movie?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    So you're cool with prejudging movies after all? Good to know.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

If they wedge Cassandra Nova into this....

Long ago, Troy McClure should've been introducing these movies as the lame attempt at "Look at us make a comic reference in a badly crafted clip show we tried to stretch into a movie plot!"
    Btw, Jessica Chastain’s character is apparently disguising herself as a governorment agent. Like a certain somebody from E for Extinction.

Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-17-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Btw, Jessica Chastain’s character is apparently disguising herself as a governorment agent. Like a certain somebody from E for Extinction.

Oh God I thought the point of this film was to learn from the mistakes of Last Stand? Not repeat them by merging Dark Phoenix with another storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Everyone is gonna answer yes and barely anyone Is gonna have the dislike for everything they have done like u. I feel like something traumatizing must have happened to u at Disneyland as a child.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Everyone is gonna answer yes and barely anyone Is gonna have the dislike for everything they have done like u. I feel like something traumatizing must have happened to u at Disneyland as a child.
    Mickey secured a hot dog from him. He's been trying to get back ownership ever since.

Plus it completely messed up his grasp on what those words mean. It's my Unified Theory of Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Oh God I thought the point of this film was to learn from the mistakes of Last Stand? Not repeat them by merging Dark Phoenix with another storyline.
    Hey, the first season of Wolverine and The X-Men was basically Dark Phoenix merged with Days of Future Past. It’s all about execution. The problem with The Last Stand is that elements of Gifted and Dark Phoenix did not intergrate well at all. Resulting in a disjointed mess.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Hey, the first season of Wolverine and The X-Men was basically Dark Phoenix merged with Days of Future Past. It’s all about execution. The problem with The Last Stand is that elements of Gifted and Dark Phoenix did not intergrate well at all. Resulting in a disjointed mess.
    I loved wolverine and the xmen but I was under the impression alot of comic fans didnt like it. But they were still excited for the AoA story kine the show was heading toward for season 2

Jessica’s characters has telekinesis it seems.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ItsMeGray...16553320378371

I loved wolverine and the xmen but I was under the impression alot of comic fans didnt like it. But they were still excited for the AoA story kine the show was heading toward for season 2
    Yeah, it has it’s haters. I remember telling someone who hated the show but wanted the X-Men in the MCU that Kevin Feige and the writers of the Thor films were involved with the show. They freaked out.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-17-2019 at 04:57 PM.

BANNED

I’m traumatized by the evil mouse inspired MCU movies.

Mickey secured a hot dog from him. He's been trying to get back ownership ever since.

Plus it completely messed up his grasp on what those words mean. It's my Unified Theory of Raiders.
    Whatever you say dude
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-17-2019 at 06:26 PM.

More bad reports:

‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ Said To Be An Embarrassment To All Involved With It

I went and saw Dark Phoenix a few months ago. While I didn’t like Apocalypse, I still had high hopes because I still loved First Class and Days of Future Past. Unfortunately, the film was a huge disappointment. Terrible script, bland visuals and the weird choice to recreate scenes from The Last Stand – Fox’s other attempt (failure) to adapt The Dark Phoenix storyline. There is ONE kind of an interesting twist midway but it didn’t really do much for me.
    Jessica Chastain – usually an actress I adore – is just Awful in this. Maybe one of the worst villains in a comic book movie I’ve seen in awhile. The Alien villains are bland in general, too. So in short: Overdramatic, badly written, with great actors giving terrible performances. Just an embarrassment to all involved. I’m sad one of my favorite franchises is ending on such a low-note. Can’t wait to see what Feige and co. have in mind for the characters for the MCU though. Thank God the Fox era is about to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Read it hours ago. Honestly, I wouldn’t trust anything which original source is We Got This Covered considering their reputation for clickbait and fake news. Especially, when there something really wrong with this quote.

the weird choice to recreate scenes from The Last Stand – Fox’s other attempt (failure) to adapt The Dark Phoenix storyline.
    Why would someone who claims to have read Dark Phoenix question why they “recreated” those scenes? They are iconic moments from the original Dark Phoenix comic, not X3.

That’s like saying you read all of Daredevil’s famous storylines and then say that Elektra’s death and resurrection in the MCU is a “recreation” of her death and resurrection from the Fox films. When any Daredevil fan would know those are iconic storylines from the comics. So this leads me to believe that this is one of We Got This Covered attempts to get clicks. That and the complaint about an unfinished product over half a year away from its release not having good visual effects.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-18-2019 at 06:03 AM.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Eh, I have a hard time believe anonymous "sources" like this, especially when it ends with...

Can’t wait to see what Feige and co. have in mind for the characters for the MCU though. Thank God the Fox era is about to be over.
    Seems like the person went into the movie wanting to hate it, assuming the person even saw the movie at all.

Besides, tons of people say that Apocalypse sucked, but I freaking love that movie. I'll just have to judge it for myself come June.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Apparently that comment is really old.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chris_tel...11871187750912

According to Jeremy Conrad the site has a habit of doing this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ManaByte/...15252854874112
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-18-2019 at 07:02 AM.