Page 15 of 105 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    That's too bad. I was hoping for a fresh start.
    I’m sure it will eventually be rebooted. Feige will probably allow them to finish telling the Phoenix story before that time, if the first one does well.

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    People don't fall all over Marvel movies for nothing. There is a reason they do.
    Ya because they are ok to good movies not because all other CBM suck that's just not true.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ya because they are ok to good movies not because all other CBM suck that's just not true.
    Ok, I wasnt being literal as in all other CBM's suck, but Marvel very rarely misses while other companies do on a regular basis. Dont hate on the company that does things better than the others.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I’m sure it will eventually be rebooted. Feige will probably allow them to finish telling the Phoenix story before that time, if the first one does well.
    Feige is not letting them finish anything. Phoenix is the end of the "singerverse" period (unless New Mutants actually makes it to theaters but the chances of it going to the streaming service are looking better all the time). Marvel is not going to mess around and try to make that mess fit their universe. They are starting over from scratch. Anyone who think different is just fooling themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    Ok, I wasnt being literal as in all other CBM's suck, but Marvel very rarely misses while other companies do on a regular basis. Dont hate on the company that does things better than the others.
    I'm not hateing on them I really do like most of the MCU movies I just disagree with your opinion on them doing things better for me they hit and miss just as much as the other guys the only difference is they make more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    Translation: Best comic film of 2019. MCU fans should be scared. the bla bla bla response.

"Our movie thats a reboot and a retelling of another movie, thats already had alot of shaky press from inital viewings from a franchise thats about to die will be the best comic book movie of 2019"

Insanity.

Though the X-fanbase shitting on the MCU is utterly ridiculous. Be happy your getting comic book movies and not just more generic action movies with whatever actor is the thing of the month.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Enough with the MCU v XCU sniping. It's frikkin' old. It's one thing to have valid comparisons/contrasts between the two and actually want to discuss things, but the pettiness has long outstayed its welcome and only results in threads getting locked.

Moving on, a quick thing I've noticed: one of the things people had against Apocalypse was that the Horsemen were, by and large, underdeveloped (which is true), but I don't hear a lot of complaints about the Black Order...sorry, the "Children of Thanos" (because I don't recall them ever being called the Black Order in the film) in Infinity War, which were even more undeveloped than the horsemen. Heck, only Ebony Maw is actually name-dropped on-screen, and, even then, he's only referred to as "the Maw" (correct me if I'm wrong on that one).

I suppose that's because Thanos, the main villain, was given good development (even if I didn't like the take compared to his comics counterpart), which kinda made up for the BO's shortcomings. On the other hand, Apocalypse wasn't given enough development, even regarding his power set, which could have exacerbated the development issues in the horsemen.

Just something to talk about while waiting for news on this movie!
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Enough with the MCU v XCU sniping. It's frikkin' old. It's one thing to have valid comparisons/contrasts between the two and actually want to discuss things, but the pettiness has long outstayed its welcome and only results in threads getting locked.

Moving on, a quick thing I've noticed: one of the things people had against Apocalypse was that the Horsemen were, by and large, underdeveloped (which is true), but I don't hear a lot of complaints about the Black Order...sorry, the "Children of Thanos" (because I don't recall them ever being called the Black Order in the film) in Infinity War, which were even more undeveloped than the horsemen. Heck, only Ebony Maw is actually name-dropped on-screen, and, even then, he's only referred to as "the Maw" (correct me if I'm wrong on that one).

I suppose that's because Thanos, the main villain, was given good development (even if I didn't like the take compared to his comics counterpart), which kinda made up for the BO's shortcomings. On the other hand, Apocalypse wasn't given enough development, even regarding his power set, which could have exacerbated the development issues in the horsemen.

Just something to talk about while waiting for news on this movie!
    Several reasons.

Infinity War already had insane amount of characters to juggle. Black Order is far from priority. They were also never promoted as being very important in the movie in the first place. Even in the comics, they're relatively new characters anyway. Apocalypse had him going around recruiting supposedly strongest people. Not to mention these horsemen are made up of popular and well-known X-characters. Movie presents them as supposedly important, but fails to deliver. Also, the main villain getting overshadowed by Magneto. Every other horsemen getting the short end of the stick because Magneto needs screentime. The movie also wastes time in showing stuff we've literally seen multiple times before. So "didn't have time" excuse doesn't cut it.

People do complain about BO by the way. It's just that IW delivers so much, BO becomes a very minor "flaw". Apocalypse on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    "Our movie thats a reboot and a retelling of another movie, thats already had alot of shaky press from inital viewings from a franchise thats about to die will be the best comic book movie of 2019"

Insanity.

Though the X-fanbase shitting on the MCU is utterly ridiculous. Be happy your getting comic book movies and not just more generic action movies with whatever actor is the thing of the month.
    What movie would that be? Because I hope you’re not talking about X3 which didn’t even have Jean in the spotlight. That’s like saying Deadpool is a retelling of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Jean was totally wasted in that movie.

Even if it was so what? The Dark Knight, IT, King Kong, and tons of other films are retellings.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-15-2018 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    What movie would that be? Because I hope you’re not talking about X3 which didn’t even have Jean in the spotlight. That’s like saying Deadpool is a retelling of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Jean was totally wasted in that movie.

Even if it was so what? The Dark Knight, IT, King Kong, and tons of other films are retellings.
    How many of those are done in a time span of less than 15 years and happen in the same universe as the previous one?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    How many of those are done in a time span of less than 15 years and happen in the same universe as the previous one?
    I’ll give you that one. Though people didn’t seem to mind Toy Story 3’s plot being essentially the same as the last film, which only had an 11 year gap.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-15-2018 at 03:15 AM.

"new" pic old pic oficial today

Literally putting a screenshot from the trailer. Come on, give us something new. Give us the live action shot of this:

Just show the Phoenix, damnit! This reminds me of the early Venom marketing.

But at least there is marketing for this film, unlike with New Mutants.