Page 47 of 105 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    If you wanna keep the ideologies, that's fine but personally I'm a tad bit tired of seeing Xavier and Magneto fight each after seeing it down for 9 movies straight. I'd of liked if they gave that conflict some room to breathe every once and while.
    I'm with you, them fighting each other is old now. Magneto doesn't even have to be center-stage in future films; I'd settle for him being a background character with an established haven for mutants, like the Genova concept Dark Phoenix seems to be going with. I just think some form of him needs to be present because his attitude and philosophy is given a lot of conviction given the fact that he's a Holocaust survivor. I just don't think any other villainous character in his camp has that kind of credit or relatability.

Xavier, they could do without. We don't need him constantly so much as we need his followers trying to achieve his dream without him. Alternatively, have Cyclops lead the X-men and try to choose his own, middling path between the philosophies of Xavier and Magneto.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

BANNED

The biggest mistake FoX-Men made was too much focus on Xavier, Magneto and Wolverine, it got boring.
    There are a lot more X-Men characters that should have gotten more screen time.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Your opinion. Rebecca as Mystique was 100% iconic in 2000-2006, and J Lawrence has been praised by critics. She did a fine job. You're not a fan of the movies. It's okay.
    I have a right to be unhappy if Kinberg wasn't going to do this proper than leave it alone. Now the MCU will probably not touch this storyline given it was done twice so I'll never get a proper Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Saga. Also Last Stand even amongst most Diehard XCU fans Last Stand is a low point usually a coin toss with Wolverine Origins for worst entire in the Franchise so calling it great and terrific film making is disingenuous I mean it was done by Hack for Hire Brett Ratner and like Wolverine Origins was notoriously meddled with by Tom Rothman and Fox Executives.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-05-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I have a right to be unhappy if Kinberg wasn't going to do this proper than leave it alone. Now the MCU will probably not touch this storyline given it was done twice so I'll never get a proper Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Saga. Also Last Stand even amongst most Diehard XCU fans Last Stand is a low point usually a coin toss with Wolverine Origins for worst entire in the Franchise so calling it great and terrific film making is disingenuous I mean it was done by Hack for Hire Brett Ratner and like Wolverine Origins was notoriously meddled with by Tom Rothman and Fox Executives.
    The problem most people had with X3 don’t seem to be present here.

-An unfocused narrative with several underdeveloped plot lines.
    -Scott getting kill at the very beginning.
    -Jean only having 2-3 scenes where she shows off her destructive power.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-05-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Thanks for the history lesson, which I didn’t need because I have read all of those comics, being a life long X-Men fan. It is good context, but it isn’t the whole story either.

None of this has anything to do with my exclamation. We have seen in Apocalypse that Jean already has a Phoenix like power. It makes no sense to somehow separate that from the cosmic entity.

I totally disagree that anything in comics canon has sought to suggest or even implied that the Phoenix force was a latent power.

Chillax dude, no reason to get sour. We're all on the same page here wondering about this Dark Phoenix in the movie - and what it actually is and how it's inside Jean cuz in X- Apocalypse, Jean has had the Phoenix inside her which she utilized to defeat Apocalypse.

A previous comment said that the cosmic entity merges with Phoenix inside Jean and becomes Dark Phoenix - I think this theory made a bit of sense, because Jean is always the girl who holds back and maybe this cosmic entity finally pushed her power over the edge.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea that's not even debatable. But maybe white queen meant at one point Jean and the PF 100% completely merged into one bein instead of Jean just being a host.

thanks man. as far as I know Jean and Phoenix are one (at least in one point as White Phoenix) but either they are one or not, jean is always the most favorite host.

Amazing Member

I really hope they do Selene justice in this movie Dark Phoenix

Visually she look nothing like the Selene of the hellfire club from the comic

honestly I am gonna be sad if Selene in the movie would only be used as a henchman with psychic vampire mutant powers who can hypnotize and suck life force. then gone killed by Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    The problem most people had with X3 don’t seem to be present here.

-An unfocused narrative with several underdeveloped plot lines.
    -Scott getting kill at the very beginning.
    -Jean only having 2-3 scenes where she shows off her destructive power.
    My issues are still here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the_whitequeen View Post
    I really hope they do Selene justice in this movie Dark Phoenix

Visually she look nothing like the Selene of the hellfire club from the comic

honestly I am gonna be sad if Selene in the movie would only be used as a henchman with psychic vampire mutant powers who can hypnotize and suck life force. then gone killed by Jean.
    I think you set your hopes too high, still! Not even sure she will get her proper powerset.

Your opinion. Rebecca as Mystique was 100% iconic in 2000-2006, and J Lawrence has been praised by critics. She did a fine job. You're not a fan of the movies. It's okay.
    No I am a fan but I'm not blindly faithfull. Especially not enough to thinkj that Mystique from the original is Iconic. She was barely a factor in those movies and was just a sex object. And what little impact she had In those movies drops to zero outside of them. I'm not sure you know what Iconic means. Honestly Wolverine is the only one I feel like you can call Iconic. But if Mystique maked the list then the whole cast does because she was a non factor in the original trilogy. Even Cyclops was given more to do and he didnt do ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    No I am a fan but I'm not blindly faithfull. Especially not enough to thinkj that Mystique from the original is Iconic. She was barely a factor in those movies and was just a sex object. And what little impact she had In those movies drops to zero outside of them. I'm not sure you know what Iconic means. Honestly Wolverine is the only one I feel like you can call Iconic. But if Mystique maked the list then the whole cast does because she was a non factor in the original trilogy. Even Cyclops was given more to do and he didnt do ****.
    Hehe, come on man, that's just factually incorrect. The guy spent most of his time being kidnapped in the second movie and died ten minutes in in the third movie.

Not that I think it makes Mystique iconic, but she literally got to do more stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Hehe, come on man, that's just factually incorrect. The guy spent most of his time being kidnapped in the second movie and died ten minutes in in the third movie.

Not that I think it makes Mystique iconic, but she literally got to do more stuff.
    It was less than 10 minutes actually.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    It was less than 10 minutes actually.
    See?101010

It is a comic book franchise, The stories of the comics are important. On an X-man fan level, it is easy to call these movies bad. I don't care how much money they make the source material means something. 100% valid for a fan to see Dark Phoenix trailer see Mystique (and Quicksilver) again inserted into important story-line instead of key X-men and go not this **** again. X-3 and X-men first class crap on source material in a way that is kinda disrespectful regardless of the quality of the actual movie which is pretty good action superhero movie for first class. Because a movie like first class existed instead of having the Hellfire club usable for Dark Phoenix story they don't have them and because they spent the last couple years overusing Wolverine he isn't in around in a story where he is actually useful.

It might not matter to you but imagine Wolverine and Colossus instead of Mystique and Quicksilver, Oh snap you have Cyclops, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Storm who were members of the team in that story and Beast who also made some appearance. It is global hit and at times a brilliant but I am tired of people hyping franchise because they got the tone right and ignore that they jack up story and characterization. Imagine if they made a Batman family movie with perfect tone but they removed Batgirl for Harley Quinn,Made Jason Todd the first robin for no reason,aged up Damien to same age as Nightwing and Nightwing is barely used and kill off in the third movie and they kept shoving the psychopathic Harley to front as leader. Imagine they keep making good enough movies so you as fan have to shut up because they aren't bad movies in fact they are praise worth in some angles but you are batman fan so you know bunch of things are off and most changes are pointless changes which didn't need to happen.

To be clear I have never been a fan of big cyclops but imagine arguably one of comics top five tactical leaders and basically the Captain America of the X-men being made to look like a whiny bitch over several movies, have the franchise rebooted only have character displayed like a whiny bitch again.Oh yeah the character is getting less screen time because they want to use a popular actress who wants to be done with franchise and she is phoning in her performances and story-wise said character is one of the most ruthless character has display very little redeeming qualities and they have the character basically the equivalent of what cyclops should be to the franchise. And someone on forum is telling you should be praising that BS.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-05-2019 at 09:02 PM.

^Cyclops didn’t get less screentime in Apocalypse. That was the most he ever had in the franchise.