Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54
  1. #1
    Incredible Member tib2d2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    853

    Default Is Legion the best Marvel based TV series ever?

    Obviously the show isn't done yet, 3rd season just started. But between the ABC shows (SHIELD, Agent Carter), the Netflix shows and the random ones here and there, it seems Legion ranks above them IMO. They do have the luxury of not having to adhere to too much of existing material and probably have the most creative freedom of any other Marvel based tv show.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Obviously the show isn't done yet, 3rd season just started. But between the ABC shows (SHIELD, Agent Carter), the Netflix shows and the random ones here and there, it seems Legion ranks above them IMO. They do have the luxury of not having to adhere to too much of existing material and probably have the most creative freedom of any other Marvel based tv show.

    Thoughts?
    Season 1 was great imo, Aubrey Plaza especially was a revelation. But, I thought season 2 was a letdown. I will watch some of season 3 but if it doesn't improve I am over it.

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,706

    Default

    Daredevil.

  4. #4
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    936

    Default

    I agree, it's Daredevil as of today.

    Season 1 of Legion was maybe the best single season of any Marvel show, but season 2 was a gigantic let down. So if Season 3 can find the magic, we can talk about Daredevil or Legion.

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,438

    Default

    Incredible Hulk I don't care what anyone says still my favorite Marvel TV show.

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Incredible Hulk I don't care what anyone says still my favorite Marvel TV show.
    Who talks bad about that show? It’s generally considered a classic! It made the Hulk a household name long before the MCU.

  7. #7
    Incredible Member tib2d2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I agree, it's Daredevil as of today.

    Season 1 of Legion was maybe the best single season of any Marvel show, but season 2 was a gigantic let down. So if Season 3 can find the magic, we can talk about Daredevil or Legion.
    Sure, I toggle between Daredevil and Legion. They are so different though its hard to compare them.

  8. #8
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Sure, I toggle between Daredevil and Legion. They are so different though its hard to compare them.
    That's true and I love Hawley and all his whackiness, but Legion's second season was such a plotless, meandering mess I can't help but say I enjoyed the quality of Daredevil more so far.

    But damned if Farouk and Fisk aren't the two best Marvel villains in any medium.

  9. #9
    Peter Scott/Scott Peter SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,167

    Default

    I would've agreed if it weren't for Legion season 2 being weird and bizzare just for the sake of it.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  10. #10
    Mighty Member Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    I'm another one who thinks season 1 of Legion is great, but season 2...

  11. #11
    Better than YOU! Alan2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    mark me down as another person that feels the Incredible Hulk was the best series Marvel has ever done. Nobody has been able to handle Banner's tortured weary, but still good natured self like Bixby did.

  12. #12
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,227

    Default

    I couldnt even finish season 1 of Legion. Sometimes it felt weird just for the sake of being weird. Maybe if i woulda stuck it out till the end of the season It woulda gotten better for me. But yea its defeintly the weirdest Marvel TV show.

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Season 1 was great imo, Aubrey Plaza especially was a revelation. But, I thought season 2 was a letdown. I will watch some of season 3 but if it doesn't improve I am over it.
    Me too, I gave up half way through S 2. Tired of the self-indulgent, needlessly obscure story telling. Far from the best show.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Incredible Hulk I don't care what anyone says still my favorite Marvel TV show.
    I thought it boring and never found the Hulk scenes exciting. Sorry.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  15. #15
    Extraordinary Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,849

    Default

    And the answer to the best Marvel TV show is Agents of Shield.

    (I like the Netflix shows too)
    Last edited by Kirby101; 06-26-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •