Page 86 of 105 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1569

Thread: Dark Phoenix

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Dark Phoenix Pitch Meeting

That was glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I don't have any way of knowing for certain, I believe that someone involved in this film might be a fan of the "Ultimate Universe..." version of Kurt. That scene was quite a bit like one from Ultimate X-Men.
    Not an Ultimates fan but wasnt that Version of Kurt a Homophobe as well? Anyway like alot of these characters they are undeveloped and in some cases only the character in name. Atleast Kurt Talked with the accent. Did Ultimates Kurt have the self mutilation scars aswell? Or DID singer come up with that crap? Though in Apocalypse they could have written that out. Things changed Kurt came to the Xmen at a young age. Why the hell would u keep the stupid scars? The continuity is so out of wack they took that look as a way to line up with the older films is my guess. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Not an Ultimates fan but wasnt that Version of Kurt a Homophobe as well? Anyway like alot of these characters they are undeveloped and in some cases only the character in name. Atleast Kurt Talked with the accent. Did Ultimates Kurt have the self mutilation scars aswell? Or DID singer come up with that crap? Though in Apocalypse they could have written that out. Things changed Kurt came to the Xmen at a young age. Why the hell would u keep the stupid scars? The continuity is so out of wack they took that look as a way to line up with the older films is my guess. Ugh
    One reader's take...

It was always kind of tough to tell if some of the things that "Ultimate..." Kurt wound up doing were a fundamental part of who he actually was or the result of the damage caused by being kidnapped and conditioned by Weapon X as a kid.

To me, it felt like we never really got enough of a window into the character to get a real feel for it one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Dark Phoenix Pitch Meeting

Yea I noticed in the trailer the scene of Magento unloading all those guns and doing no damage. But I heard people talk about Nightcrawler going in a Dbari stabbing spree. Are only certain characters bulletproof? Or is there some kinda Tech explanation and Nightcralwer catches them off guard? Or is it just unclear like the video says and your not suppose to think about it?

Astonishing Member

Yea I noticed in the trailer the scene of Magento unloading all those guns and doing no damage. But I heard people talk about Nightcrawler going in a Dbari stabbing spree. Are only certain characters bulletproof? Or is there some kinda Tech explanation and Nightcralwer catches them off guard? Or is it just unclear like the video says and your not suppose to think about it?
    Well we see some D'Bari be killed by the gunfire. So less bulletproof just more get lucky not dying from the potential killshots. So it's more about luck than anything. Even Kurt's spree was less about him actually killing them and more him unleashing his rage since I don't even think he killed any with the stabs to be honest but maybe I missed it.

hopefully fan culture will be quiet about this storyline from now on. Pining for slavish adaptations of 30+ year old serial-format-originated comics stories isn't a good look to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Well we see some D'Bari be killed by the gunfire. So less bulletproof just more get lucky not dying from the potential killshots. So it's more about luck than anything. Even Kurt's spree was less about him actually killing them and more him unleashing his rage since I don't even think he killed any with the stabs to be honest but maybe I missed it.
    In the trailer Nightcrawler appears to stab someone in the neck. And everyone I've seen talk about it seems to think he killed a bunch of people. So some Gunfire Kills them but others doesnt hit the right spots? Like they get shot but it doesnt put them down or is there bullproof armor protecting parts of them? Who was Magneto shooting in the trailer bcause theres no way he just misses. Maybe that was Jean then and not a Dbari looked like the Bullets were falling to the ground.

Astonishing Member

In the trailer Nightcrawler appears to stab someone in the neck. And everyone I've seen talk about it seems to think he killed a bunch of people. So some Gunfire Kills them but others doesnt hit the right spots? Like they get shot but it doesnt put them down or is there bullproof armor protecting parts of them? Who was Magneto shooting in the trailer bcause theres no way he just misses. Maybe that was Jean then and not a Dbari looked like the Bullets were falling to the ground.
    Basically the former not hitting enough/the right spots is how I took it.

As for who Magneto was shooting it was

spoilers:
    Vuk the Emma Frost looking D'Bari. She was basically powered by a piece of the Phoenix Force at the time and pretty one sidedly immune to everything Erik was shooting her with.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully fan culture will be quiet about this storyline from now on. Pining for slavish adaptations of 30+ year old serial-format-originated comics stories isn't a good look to begin with.
    Dont think most people want a Slavish shot for shot adaption. They want something like CA Civil war. It's way different and Smaller in scope then the comic but still captures the heart of the story. While being a enjoyable movie with characters you actually care about at the heart of it. Marvel changes alot but people dont feel like it's a betrayal to the source material(Usually) like they have now twice with fox's attempts at Dark Phoenix. For sure update and adapt for the modern time. But if your gonna spend 200m on a movie why not just do an entire space Epic with the Shiar. Really separate yourself from X3.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

THR is reporting some of what went on behind the scenes.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpression=true

Dont think most people want a Slavish shot for shot adaption. They want something like CA Civil war. It's way different and Smaller in scope then the comic but still captures the heart of the story. While being a enjoyable movie with characters you actually care about at the heart of it. Marvel changes alot but people dont feel like it's a betrayal to the source material(Usually) like they have now twice with fox's attempts at Dark Phoenix. For sure update and adapt for the modern time. But if your gonna spend 200m on a movie why not just do an entire space Epic with the Shiar. Really separate yourself from X3.
    That seems to have been the plan originally.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This film pretty much rebooted the entire X-Men in a way. The 2000 X-Men film didn't happen as we saw given the ending with spoilers....

-

-

-

- The writer and director wanted to do a reboot in a way and well...Dark Phoenix did this had Fox didn't get sold. Because there are several things that changed the future time line as we saw after Days of Future Past events.

- Mystique had turned evil and sided with Magneto originally. She would be alive in the other time line and even lose her powers in X-Men : The Last Stand. In this film series Mystique stayed with the X-Men and her adopted brother ; becoming a valuable leader of the X-Men. That future was changed.

- Magneto himself had his future changed drastically. Its clear he went off and formed his Brotherhood of Evil Mutants in the original time line. But after Days of Future Past you sensed he couldn't be the guy he was gonna become. Apocalypse changed his entire future fully as he came to grips with his loss at the end. He now led his own Island nation of Genosha. That future we saw was changed.

- Xavier at the end chooses to retire for good , sensing he failed Jean and Mystique. In the original time line he led the school til Days of Future Past. But things started to change as the school became more widely accepted. Then in Dark Phoenix he retires ; resetting the future of everything. As this impacts Wolverine as a whole.

- Jean Grey sacrificing herself as the Phoenix changes a lot of things going forward. It means she's not there to help Xavier calm Logan to start and be that love interest as we saw in the 1st film.

- Wolverine's time line changes big here. Now before people go how ? In the 2000 film its Xavier who calms Logan down and gets him to accept the X-Men as well as Jean Grey . Xavier and Jean being gone pretty much establishes a whole new time line for him. Which does he join the X-Men ? How ? Hank McCoy is running the Jean Grey school as its called. Xavier is in Genosha with Erik (he gets told he has a home with him now as we saw).

I can see what Fox was going for here. This film was to set a whole new reboot ahead for the X-Men going forward if the studio stayed around. They were likely gonna introduce a new Wolverine in a new situation had they not been sold. So its unique at what was planned . (Matthew Vaughn claimed had he done his original trilogy he pitched his new young Wolverine was gonna be Tom Hardy).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I loved Dark Phoenix.

Box Office Mojo is predicting a $33 million weekend for Dark Phoenix, and they're thinking that the movie will top out at less than $85 million domestically.

This will be a bomb on the order of Justice League, if not worse in terms of losses to the studio.

Shazam's box office is looking really good in comparison.

Uhoh, I better go see it soon.

For me, the original two X-Men movies are the gold standard where it comes to setting up Magneto and what really makes the X-Men tick. So much so that I wonder if the franchise would be a whole lot better had they not made the big misstep with X3 that made them scramble for ideas.

On the one hand, we did get some gems in all the scrambling (Logan, First Class, DoFP) but overall its an unconscionable mess.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Yeah, the first two X-Men movies are the best.