Page 61 of 105 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That's what I thought but Batkeaton said Nightcralwer was 20. Now if they are 16/17 that means nightcrawler was probaly 15 at best when he decided to carve into his own skin for sins(Iono guess he masturbated alot in middle school). I find that to be more creepy then anything. This Nightcralwers life is way different then X2. He was found at a young age and brought to Xavier. There is no reason to keep the scars, I think they legit forgot where the scars came from and just liked how it looked, helps break up some of the solid blue aswell.
    Singer forgetting his own canon is nothing new. Just in that movie, Apocalypse mind controls Xavier from miles away and makes him launch all the nukes, then kidnaps him and says that he can't mind control people.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Singer forgetting his own canon is nothing new. Just in that movie, Apocalypse mind controls Xavier from miles away and makes him launch all the nukes, then kidnaps him and says that he can't mind control people.
    It was stated in that scene that Apocalypse merely took over Cerebro. What he did with it was gave Xavier a power boost hence the line “I’ve never felt power like this better”, that is what Cerebro does after all. Like Horsemen Xavier craved more of that power and so he gave into Apocalypse’s demands but the shock from the device snapped him out of his blind hunger for power.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-23-2019 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    It was stated in that scene that Apocalypse merely took over Cerebro. What he did with it was gave Xavier a power boost hence the line “I’ve never felt power like this better”, that is what Cerebro does after all. Like Horsemen Xavier craved more of that power and so he gave into Apocalypse’s demands but the shock from the device snapped him out of his blind hunger for power.
    That scene was straight up mind-control, and if they were going for anything other than that, they royally screwed up. Show that scene to 100 people and everyone would say it's mind control.

BANNED

I’ve seen a few people say they want to see this and they have never seen any of the X-Men films. Same case with Logan. Got me thinking that the X-Men series is nearly 20 years old, older than anyone who is a minor today. So I imagine the majority of the younger general audience has never watched the older films.
    Yeah, legit.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I still want to see this..they should have went full cosmic with this film. But FOX has always been conservative with this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I still want to see this..they should have went full cosmic with this film. But FOX has always been conservative with this franchise.
    To be fair, the original Phoenix storyline didn’t go full cosmic either.

To be fair, the original Phoenix storyline didn’t go full cosmic either.
    Dark Phoenix destroys an entire solar system by causing their star to go Supernova killing billions and ends with 3 of the oldest and largest galactic empires ordering her death and a battle between the X-Men and the Imperial Guard on the Blue Area of the Moon. That's not full cosmic?

That scene was straight up mind-control, and if they were going for anything other than that, they royally screwed up. Show that scene to 100 people and everyone would say it's mind control.
    Yeah I watched the scene again, Apoccy takes over Cerebro which probably makes it even worse than what you were original saying. Straight mind control made sense I have no clue how to explain it now.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I read it as Apocalypse being able to control one person (Charles, in this instance) and then using him and Cerebro to control the various military officers to launch their nukes. After that, Apocalypse goes full-bore on getting Xavier's body because he knows he can use it to control and "be everyone" so he isn't betrayed again like he was in the beginning of the movie.

Essentially, I thought the limits of Apocalypse being able to use that power were limited, and getting access to Xavier would make it limitless; however, Apocalypse's full power-set being somewhat nebulous and undefined is one of the movie's flaws, so I can understand the confusion there.

Still love the movie, though.

As for Dark Phoenix and if/how they'll explain the manifestation at the end of Apocalypse, I could see the original manifestation being a natural extension of Jean's powers, and the Phoenix Force could simply be jacking up that power to 11. They could also go the route that Hope Summers did in the comics: despite the PF being across the galaxy, it could've been heading toward Jean, and she tapped into it momentarily due to the extreme circumstances of their fight against Apocalypse.

Or they could just ignore it. Whatever.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

The "Dark Phoenix" trailer put together with "Avengers: Endgame". This is fantastic. More resonance and promotion for my beloved X-Men.

It's a nice time to be a true X-Men fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Essentially, I thought the limits of Apocalypse being able to use that power were limited, and getting access to Xavier would make it limitless; however, Apocalypse's full power-set being somewhat nebulous and undefined is one of the movie's flaws, so I can understand the confusion there.
    I posted a thread about Apocalypse's powers, some time ago.

How did Apocalypse take over Cerebro?

Two theories:

1- When Xavier is attached to Cerebro, they become one mental system. You can hack Xavier as well, if you own technopathy.
    So Apocalypse used technopathy to "hack" the Cerebro transmissions running into Erik's mind. Just like he did with the TV...
    Through the transmissions, he hacked Cerebro's general system, and Xavier's mind was "fused" with Cerebro. That would make sense.

2- Said that, it's possible that Apocalypse has limited mind control/connection over his Horsemen/the mutants he enhances. This would prove the Horsemen - and Magneto - were not fully responsible about their evil actions.

Anyway from the X-Men wiki (fan written, I know):

Mental Manipulation - His abilities allowed him to possess the mind of Charles Xavier, a mutant with advanced telepathic abilities, after sensing the telepath communicating with Magneto through Cerebro. Through manipulating Charles, he used Cerebro to expand the range of his own abilities temporarily to possess several military officers to make them dispose of the global nuclear arsenal. When controlling a person, their eyes turned completely black.

◦ Mental Shield - Apocalypse was able to shield people's minds and his own from Charles ' telepathic abilities.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 04-23-2019 at 06:10 AM.

BANNED
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 04-23-2019 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Dark Phoenix destroys an entire solar system by causing their star to go Supernova killing billions and ends with 3 of the oldest and largest galactic empires ordering her death and a battle between the X-Men and the Imperial Guard on the Blue Area of the Moon. That's not full cosmic?
    All of which doesn’t happen until towards the end of the storyline. When I think of going full cosmic I think of Star Wars which has adventures on alien worlds. Something that was not present in Dark Phoenix. The moon doesn’t count as an alien planet.

All of which doesn’t happen until towards the end of the storyline. When I think of going full cosmic I think of Star Wars which has adventures on alien worlds. Something that was not present in Dark Phoenix. The moon doesn’t count as an alien planet.
    While our moon it was the Blue Area which is all Alien ruins and artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    While our moon it was the Blue Area which is all Alien ruins and artifacts.
    Yeah, but the inhabitants of the Blue Area are colonist and not natives of the moon iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    The "Dark Phoenix" trailer put together with "Avengers: Endgame". This is fantastic. More resonance and promotion for my beloved X-Men.

It's a nice time to be a true X-Men fan.

I posted a thread about Apocalypse's powers, some time ago.

How did Apocalypse take over Cerebro?

Two theories:

1- When Xavier is attached to Cerebro, they become one mental system. You can hack Xavier as well, if you own technopathy.
    So Apocalypse used technopathy to "hack" the Cerebro transmissions running into Erik's mind. Just like he did with the TV...
    Through the transmissions, he hacked Cerebro's general system, and Xavier's mind was "fused" with Cerebro. That would make sense.

2- Said that, it's possible that Apocalypse has limited mind control/connection over his Horsemen/the mutants he enhances. This would prove the Horsemen - and Magneto - were not fully responsible about their evil actions.

Anyway from the X-Men wiki (fan written, I know):

Mental Manipulation - His abilities allowed him to possess the mind of Charles Xavier, a mutant with advanced telepathic abilities, after sensing the telepath communicating with Magneto through Cerebro. Through manipulating Charles, he used Cerebro to expand the range of his own abilities temporarily to possess several military officers to make them dispose of the global nuclear arsenal. When controlling a person, their eyes turned completely black.

◦ Mental Shield - Apocalypse was able to shield people's minds and his own from Charles ' telepathic abilities.
    You have two conflicting theories. The fact that either of those seem possible shows how badly the scene was handled. But apocalypse and his powers were badly defined. Feels like Singer wanted to use Apoc but didnt know what to do with him.