Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

I just had a random thought pop into my head, what if we got an animated X-Men film like we got with Spider Verse, what would be your opinion on something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by MATBAN View Post
    I just had a random thought pop into my head, what if we got an animated X-Men film like we got with Spider Verse, what would be your opinion on something like that?
    I'd love it I'm a huge fan of animation Young Justice Outsiders right now is my favorite Superhero TV show and Batman Mask of the Phantasm is my favorite Batman movie and I love Batman 89 and the Nolan films.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'd love it I'm a huge fan of animation Young Justice Outsiders right now is my favorite Superhero TV show and Batman Mask of the Phantasm is my favorite Batman movie and I love Batman 89 and the Nolan films.
    In my opinion it seems like a lot of the best Dc adaptations happen to be animated, like to name a few the original Teen Titans and justice league cartoons, but yeah I'm really interested in seeing what an X-men film could look like with the type of animation used in Spider Verse, like I'm a big fan of the look 2d animation gives but I also love the mobility 3d animation gives as well so I think using the type Spider Verse has would fit the X-Men quite well considering their powers and fighting styles are typically pretty crazy.
    Last edited by MATBAN; 01-06-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I thought both went in for such extensive reshoots is because test screenings for both were so bad Fox knew they had to make major changes because they had a couple of real messes on their hands. It is still a question if New Mutants even gets a theatrical release in the end anyway or just goes to the streaming service.
    Dunno about New Mutants but according to a few respectable insiders it seems that Dark Phoenix had an overall mixed reaction. ViewerAnon said he heard firmly okay things, Skyler Shuler said he heard bad things, Manabyte said he heard both good and bad things but the reception was better than the screening of the extended version of Deadpool 2. So sounds like something that could have been fixed with regular reshoots.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-06-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I’m starting to think that the reason why the reshoots were so extensive is because Fox reacted to the success of Thor: Ragnarok. Because back in October Simon Kinberg said that the movie takes inspiration from Thor: Ragnarok. Except the original cut of Dark Phoenix finished filming before that movie released.

Similar to how New Mutants was said to be under extensive reshoots because of the success of IT. Making it more of a horror movie. It seems that Fox is playing the reactionary game like WB did with Suicide Squad.

Oh.
    I don't think Dark Phoenix will be too 'scary' if it's inspired by Thor Ragnarok - the whole film was a comedy!😁

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I hope Dark Phoenix is nothing like Thor:Ragnarok because I loathe that movie with an undying passion. However, based on the tonal difference between DP's trailer and Ragnarok's trailer, I'm not concerned.

I just want another trailer or something to tide me over. The marketing has got to kick up sometime soon: maybe something during the Super Bowl like they did with Apocalypse?
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

In my opinion it seems like a lot of the best Dc adaptations happen to be animated, like to name a few the original Teen Titans and justice league cartoons, but yeah I'm really interested in seeing what an X-men film could look like with the type of animation used in Spider Verse, like I'm a big fan of the look 2d animation gives but I also love the mobility 3d animation gives as well so I think using the type Spider Verse has would fit the X-Men quite well considering their powers and fighting styles are typically pretty crazy.
    Yeah and I will say I now say Gotham's Season 5 premiere and that it was great. But yeah I love DC animation and heck even the X-Men have never had a bad TV series in animation even Pryde of the X-Men is good for when it was made so yeah a X-Men film in animation maybe featuring characters who won't ever get true just live action would be great IMO.

Btw, are the people who screen these types of movies general audiences or fans?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The only thing that will stop them is the money is just not there. Even with all the praise "Into the Spiderverse" got from both critics and fans it still has not made a lot of money. It has made a profit yeah but not near the kind of profit the studios want. Give the studios the choice between spending 90 million on an animated movie or live action comic book movie, and they will take the live action every time because they will almost always get more of a return in the end.

I do agree that a lot of time the animated movies are better though. Both of the Suicide Squad animated movies are 100% better stories than the mess the live action movie was, and stay more true to what the Suicide Squad should be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I hope Dark Phoenix is nothing like Thor:Ragnarok because I loathe that movie with an undying passion. However, based on the tonal difference between DP's trailer and Ragnarok's trailer, I'm not concerned.

I just want another trailer or something to tide me over. The marketing has got to kick up sometime soon: maybe something during the Super Bowl like they did with Apocalypse?
    I hope you are right

Dark Phoenix is third most anticipated new standalone comic book movie.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ms/2425578002/

kinsberg in instagram today
    Last edited by juan678; 01-07-2019 at 04:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thank You!!!
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-07-2019 at 05:24 PM.

That is cool!

Neat poster.