Page 19 of 105 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Currently third most anticipated film of 2019 on IMDB.

https://www.thewrap.com/captain-marv...f-2019-photos/
    A list where Captain Marvel beats Avengers: Endgame. Immediately looses all credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    A list where Captain Marvel beats Avengers: Endgame. Immediately looses all credibility.
    Also keep in mind Imdb was the same site praising BvS when it first came out.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MATBAN View Post
    Also keep in mind Imdb was the same site praising BvS when it first came out.
    Not really. Those were just fanboys giving it a 10/10 before even seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Hey, Venom surpassed Thor: Ragnarok at the Box Office and Aquaman is probably going to beat BvS. Anything can happen.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-31-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Hey, Venom surpassed Thor: Ragnarok at the Box Office and Aquaman is probably going to beat BvS. Anything can happen.
    "Anticipated" and "anything can happen" are two different things. The former is an educated guess, the latter is the acknowledgement that the former is still just a guess. But that doesn't give more credit to uneducated guesses.

I was not trying to be a pseudo intellectual, but I see that's exactly what I sounds like.

Well to be fair Thor Ragnarok is the only Thor movie to make more than any live action Spider-Man film and Venom definitely was associated with Spider-Man in the general public's mind. As for BvS and Aquaman BvS made it's biggest amount of money on opening weekend and crashed hard by week 2 due to bad reviews and bad word of mouth and kept falling where Aquaman not only had a great opening weekend but good reviews and great word of mouth granted 10 years ago hearing that would be shocking but since 2016 not really so IMO neither of those were that shocking. Captain Marvel will do great probably but the idea that's it's more anticipated than Endgame is just questionable there hasn't been a film with this much interest and a cliffhanger since Empire Strikes Back there are so many questions the public has with Endgame who's coming back sure some are no brainers but some aren't also will Captain America and Iron Man survive or is this their final ride?, and last what will the MCU look like gong forward? Captain Marvel can't compete with that no film can IMO.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Everyone keep saying Venom is a huge smash but that is kind of misleading. It is a huge smash overseas. It made only 25% of its box office in the US. It was the love it got in China that pushed it into the major blockbuster area. It made more in China than it did in the US. I am not sure why China loved the movie so much (because really it was not that good of a movie), but that market is what really pushed it from being a good success to a blockbuster.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Everyone keep saying Venom is a huge smash but that is kind of misleading. It is a huge smash overseas. It made only 25% of its box office in the US. It was the love it got in China that pushed it into the major blockbuster area. It made more in China than it did in the US. I am not sure why China loved the movie so much (because really it was not that good of a movie), but that market is what really pushed it from being a good success to a blockbuster.
    The vast majority of billion dollar super hero movies wouldn’t be such without oversees. And Marvel and DC pander to China so idk why it’s being discounted now

Because Chinas infamous for loving any movie (no matter the quality) as long as the plots simple and the effects impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Because Chinas infamous for loving any movie (no matter the quality) as long as the plots simple and the effects impressive.
    That's not really fair to China one we make those dumb movies so chicken or egg. Also action and slapstick work better in all Non-English markets explosions, car chases, and gun fights are always exciting just like a guy getting kicked in the nuts is universally funny while more thought out stories can get lost in translations due to cultural differences and language barriers and that's a two way street with many foreign action films even bad ones doing well in the U.S. while dramas are relegated to the Indie Market.

Incredible Member

Ok, hello everybody, happy new year!
    I just watched again the trailer in the hope of finding anything just a little exciting, too bad!
    Still too much Jennifer Lawrence for me and it's only the trailer!
    Everything seems so...lackluster, for me it's even painful to watch!
    Too bad because I think McAvoy and Fassbender were good choices, but the films (maybe First Class exempted) were dull.
    And Jean Grey! No disrespect to Sophie Turner, she's good in Game Of Thrones, but her Jean Grey is just so boring (that's how she's written in the movies, weak and afraid of herself)! She makes me regret Famke Jansen, and remember that she (but Famke is a great actress) was not that well written either!
    I hope the MCU does justice to the X-Men and especially Jean Grey, we need a much more dynamic Jean Grey and maybe forget about the Phoenix a little! By the way, Jane Levy would be a really good Jean Grey!
    Jane+Levy+Hulu+Castle+Rock+Comic+Con+2018+VXXYH1WcKnql.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    And Jean Grey! No disrespect to Sophie Turner, she's good in Game Of Thrones, but her Jean Grey is just so boring (that's how she's written in the movies, weak and afraid of herself)! She makes me regret Famke Jansen, and remember that she (but Famke is a great actress) was not that well written either!
    In order words, she’s written like Jean Grey before she became Phoenix.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-02-2019 at 01:59 PM.

In order words, she’s written like Jean Grey before she became Phoenix.
    Yea I never thought Jean was the most interesting character to begin with. Outside of Phoenix its basically her love life or love triangle I should say that defined her. She could be fun but it never really stuck and seemed like they didnt always know what to do with her

Red, white, and now a purple trench coat. Does she have one in every color?