Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Ya know since I'm in an animation kinda mood I wanna ask what's people's opinion on that X-men anime we got a few years ago, I kinda liked it but I know quite a few people who simply despise it and consider it one of the worst, just wondering, also what's the chances we might an X-men animated series on Disney's streaming service?

Quote Originally Posted by MATBAN View Post
    Ya know since I'm in an animation kinda mood I wanna ask what's people's opinion on that X-men anime we got a few years ago, I kinda liked it but I know quite a few people who simply despise it and consider it one of the worst, just wondering, also what's the chances we might an X-men animated series on Disney's streaming service?
    It was just plain weak show, but I don't find anything offensive or wrong in there.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    kinsberg in instagram today
    Shouldn't Scott be closer to Jean instead of Xavier and Mag... why do I even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by MATBAN View Post
    Compared to the hilariously bad marvel cartoons as for now. It was good. The animation drawings were great but marvel chose some of the most boring stories to tell. However its was a show that could have gotten better if there was a season 2 and season 3.

All the animation talk must be because of into the spiderverse? What is despicable is Disney knows X-Men animated series exist and they cant use it as a road map to give us good animated show or movies? we had to wait for Sony to release into the spiderverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Compared to the hilariously bad marvel cartoons as for now. It was good. The animation drawings were great but marvel chose some of the most boring stories to tell. However its was a show that could have gotten better if there was a season 2 and season 3.

All the animation talk must be because of into the spiderverse? What is despicable is Disney knows X-Men animated series exist and they cant use it as a road map to give us good animated show or movies? we had to wait for Sony to release into the spiderverse.
    Big Hero Six was a great film and has a decent series.

Also the Guardians Series is also good and Avengers and Ultimate Spider-Man are/were pretty good and if I was a kid when they aired I'd love those shows.

Let's be honest most Marvel Animation before the 90's was good for their time but outside of a few episodes like the origin episodes of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends few really hold up.

Spider-Man TAS and Spectacular Spider-Man were good thru their whole runs with a few clunker episodes.
    90's FF and Iron Man were pretty bad in their first seasons but had great revamped 2nd seasons.
    90's Hulk, MTV's Spider-Man New Animated Series, Fantastic Four World's Greatest Heroes, Hulk Agents of Smash, & Iron Man Armored Adventures good but that's about it.
    X-Men TAS and X-Men Evolution both had rocky freshmen seasons with a few good episodes getting better with subsequential seasons.
    Avengers EMH and Wolverine and the X-Men are the only two I'd consider darn near perfect runs.

The Marvel animated films Ultimate Avengers, Ultimate Avengers 2, Dr. Strange, Planet Hulk, Invincible Iron Man, Next Avengers, Hulk Monsters Dwell, and Thor Tales of Asgard were good but nothing great with the best of the batch being IMO Hulk Vs.

The Anime style series Iron Man, Wolverine, X-Men, and Blade were good with great animation as was the films Punisher and Black Widow Confidential and Iron Man Technovore.

The only bad IMO were the 3D animation type direct to video Iron Man films with Cap and Hulk and the current Marvel's Spider-Man Series.

So yeah after Dark Phoenix and New Mutants and once the X-Men are home at Marvel I'd welcome a New X-Men animated series with characters like (Hellion, Dust, Wind Dancer, Surge, Anole, Wolf Cub, Match, Rockslide, Blindfold, Mercury, Gentle, Nature Girl, Shark Girl, Triage, Elixir, Goldballs, Prodigy, Icarus, Pixie, and Armor to name some), or a DTV X-Factor Investigation animated film, or a big budge cinema released Starjammers animated film bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Shouldn't Scott be closer to Jean instead of Xavier and Mag... why do I even bother.
    I have little hope of their relationship getting any focus outside of a few scenes where Scott says we can't give up on Jean which is sad because Dark Phoenix Saga is also a love story between Scott and Jean.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

This movie’s production reminds of Alien 3 when I think about it. Which also had a first time director.

I'm pretty sure Kinberg had already forgotten that Jubilee exists.
    Only half joking there.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    kinsberg in instagram today
    Love it! I am frikkin' jonesin' for a new trailer, man...

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Big Hero Six was a great film and has a decent series.

Also the Guardians Series is also good and Avengers and Ultimate Spider-Man are/were pretty good and if I was a kid when they aired I'd love those shows.

Let's be honest most Marvel Animation before the 90's was good for their time but outside of a few episodes like the origin episodes of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends few really hold up.

Spider-Man TAS and Spectacular Spider-Man were good thru their whole runs with a few clunker episodes.
    90's FF and Iron Man were pretty bad in their first seasons but had great revamped 2nd seasons.
    90's Hulk, MTV's Spider-Man New Animated Series, Fantastic Four World's Greatest Heroes, Hulk Agents of Smash, & Iron Man Armored Adventures good but that's about it.
    X-Men TAS and X-Men Evolution both had rocky freshmen seasons with a few good episodes getting better with subsequential seasons.
    Avengers EMH and Wolverine and the X-Men are the only two I'd consider darn near perfect runs.

The Marvel animated films Ultimate Avengers, Ultimate Avengers 2, Dr. Strange, Planet Hulk, Invincible Iron Man, Next Avengers, Hulk Monsters Dwell, and Thor Tales of Asgard were good but nothing great with the best of the batch being IMO Hulk Vs.

The Anime style series Iron Man, Wolverine, X-Men, and Blade were good with great animation as was the films Punisher and Black Widow Confidential and Iron Man Technovore.

The only bad IMO were the 3D animation type direct to video Iron Man films with Cap and Hulk and the current Marvel's Spider-Man Series.
    Not to get too far off-topic, but, in my eyes, the creme de la creme of Marvel animation on TV is X-Men, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes. I know everyone raves about Spectacular Spider-Man, but I can't comment on that because I never saw it; however, seeing as how Greg Weisman was involved, I imagine it's pretty dang great.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Doesn’t the “hiding the truth has consequences” remind you of a certain X-character?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Doesn’t the “hiding the truth has consequences” remind you of a certain X-character?

No freaking way Vulcan is in this movie in any shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    No freaking way Vulcan is in this movie in any shape or form.
    Not saying he is. But idea that Xavier lying to his X-Men leads to bad results is.

Turns out it’s a tribute poster.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsV1zkPlud9/

I was just on reddit and some people were saying this poster was fan made so take that for what you will.

edit - nevermind I didn't see The Shape's post before commenting this lol