Page 16 of 105 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    But at least there is marketing for this film, unlike with New Mutants.
    The kinda money probaly spent here compared to New Muatants probaly harder to accept a loss. Iono budgets but new muatants has to be small compared to This.

But at least there is marketing for this film, unlike with New Mutants.
    To be fair, that movie is over eight months away.

Last edited by juan678; 12-21-2018 at 07:50 AM.

Usually international trailers have few extra or different scenes. But here, they actually removed few scenes and added nothing new.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

It’s just clickbait.

It’s just clickbait.
    Exactly. Nothing new here.

Both trailers did not do it for me. I hated X3 and was hoping take 2 would remove any reference to the horrid Last Stand disaster. So far saw nothing in the trailer that looks homage to the source material.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus666 View Post
    Both trailers did not do it for me. I hated X3 and was hoping take 2 would remove any reference to the horrid Last Stand disaster. So far saw nothing in the trailer that looks homage to the source material.
    Dude, those so called X3 references are from the source material. That and space shuttle shot.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-24-2018 at 07:01 AM.

Dude, those so called X3 references are from the source material. That and space shuttle shot.
    The Space Shuttle isn't from Dark Phoenix Saga Its from Phoenix Saga which was 28 issues before Dark Phoenix. This feels like Into Darkness when compared to Space Seed and Wrath of Khan when comparing to the Dark Phoenix source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The Space Shuttle isn't from Dark Phoenix Saga Its from Phoenix Saga which was 28 issues before Dark Phoenix. This feels like Into Darkness when compared to Space Seed and Wrath of Khan when comparing to the Dark Phoenix source material.
    They might be mixing both stories. Or just the intros to the stories. Who can say...

Mighty Member

Funny, I don't recall Phoenix joining Magneto out of fear of her powers in the original Dark Phoenix saga. Or Charles Xavier being lectured to for sealing Jean's power to protect her. Or Jean's powers first manifesting themselves to cause a car crash, possibly killing her parents.

So what exactly in the trailer or X3 resembles the original Dark Phoenix Saga, other than Jean losing control of her powers? Because it looks to me like they're shoehorning Magneto into the story again, but this time adding Mystique. But hey, gotta keep that screen time for the stars they think are going to bring people to the theatres, I guess. Thus far, this movie is an easy pass. I'll watch it when it's free sometime down the line, just like I did Days of Future Past and Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Kinberg
    It’s very loyal in a lot of ways. The Dark Phoenix comic is my favorite of any comic run in history. X-Men has always been my favorite comic, and obviously has been part of my life for 14 years now. The movie, emotionally, is very loyal to the original source material. It’s loyal in that it’s centered on Jean’s transformation from Phoenix to Dark Phoenix, and that transformation involves a cosmic force that comes from outer space, and that there are alien characters. And then there are other ways I wanted to really drill down and focus on the characters and go as in-depth as they did in the comic, which means in the span of a two-hour movie, you can’t include everything that was in The Dark Phoenix Saga, so there are certain things that aren’t in the film, but I think fans will see that I myself am a huge fan and geek and was loyal to what I wanted to see in the film.
    http://collider.com/dark-phoenix-mov...ic-comparison/

You would've had some more time if you didn't shoehorn Magneto and Mystique here, Kinberg.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Funny, I don't recall Phoenix joining Magneto out of fear of her powers in the original Dark Phoenix saga. Or Charles Xavier being lectured to for sealing Jean's power to protect her. Or Jean's powers first manifesting themselves to cause a car crash, possibly killing her parents.

So what exactly in the trailer or X3 resembles the original Dark Phoenix Saga, other than Jean losing control of her powers? Because it looks to me like they're shoehorning Magneto into the story again, but this time adding Mystique. But hey, gotta keep that screen time for the stars they think are going to bring people to the theatres, I guess. Thus far, this movie is an easy pass. I'll watch it when it's free sometime down the line, just like I did Days of Future Past and Apocalypse.
    You didn't see Days of Future Past? So its true then.there are folks who don't watch movies that stomp hard against MCU movies.
    Last edited by Jeramas; 12-25-2018 at 01:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Star Trek Into Darkness was a bad ass movie if we leave John Harrison as Khan. Take this out of the movie

Star Trek Into Darkness is better than all the disney star wars movies. One of the movies you know how much of a master film technician JJ Abrams is ,something not seen in the new star wars movies he directs and produces.

I never got the backlash for Into Darkness. The accusation it was a rehash of wrath of khan. Dark Phoenix won't be a rehash of X3 there is no cure plot.
    Last edited by Jeramas; 12-25-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    Star Trek Into Darkness was a bad ass movie if we leave John Harrison as Khan. Take this out of the movie

Star Trek Into Darkness is better than all the disney star wars movies. One of the movies you know how much of a master film technician JJ Abrams is ,something not seen in the new star wars movies he directs and produces.

I never got the backlash for Into Darkness. The accusation it was a rehash of wrath of khan. Dark Phoenix won't be a rehash of X3 there is no cure plot.
    While not a big fan of Into Darkness I'm not a hater of it either I really don't hate any Star Trek film well maybe Insurrection and I don't hate the JJ films I really like Beyond and 2009 to be clear I was comparing the blending of two source materials to make a film.