Page 10 of 105 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

And now for something different.

Fox built sets at CCXP18 and ppl are sharing on twitter:

There are some shaky cam vids of ppl walking by the set.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MaddieGrey; 12-05-2018 at 08:54 PM.

From Steven Weintraub aka Frosty on Collider
    @20thcenturyfox is pushing The Kid Who Would Be King, Dark Phoenix and Alita at #CCXP2018. Con isn't open yet so they're still setting up.
    X-mansion 3.jpg

Dark Phoenix panel friday:

ccxp poster.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Btw, a while back I was reading an interview with the Russo’s of Infinity War explaining why Lady Death wasn’t in the film.

So why do people get upset when Kinberg uses the word “grounded”? What does that word even mean?
    Because usually Fox's "grounded" is even sillier than supposed fantastical.

Yellow spandex is silly and impractical. Ok. How the hell are leather jackets practical?! There is footage that shows that the actors couldn't even jump over like a three feet hurdle.

Making Apocalypse a giant would be too silly. Ok. How the hell is getting information from touching a goddamm cable tv not silly?!(not to mention that Civil War had Giant-Man, and it was one of the best movie moments of 2016 period.)

This is also the franchise that has told three different characters hairstyle origins.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Was the giant thing really because they thought it was silly? I assumed it was because it’s not really an ability he has in the comics. Seems to be explicitly an from animated series.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-06-2018 at 05:44 AM.

New comic inspired Dark Phoenix poster for CCXP

x-poster.jpg

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    If Far From Home is released IMO its Sony's move simply wanting some Spider-Man Buzz in the atmosphere leading up to Spider-Verse.
    Good call. Didn't think about that.

...why do people get upset when Kinberg uses the word “grounded”? What does that word even mean?
    It's just one of those words that, for whatever, becomes tabbo amongst a certain fandom. There are a number of DCEU fans that are losing their minds because critics have called Aquaman "fun" so this isn't the only fandom that has ridiculous trigger terms.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Was the giant thing really because they thought it was silly? I assumed it was because it’s not really an ability he has in the comics. Seems to be explicitly an from animated series.
    While he's never shown it in the comics (that I recall), I think it'd be possible as an extrapolation of his powerset (complete molecular control). It's funny that, outside of Age of Apocalypse, most of Apocalypse's biggest stories came from the animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post

x-poster.jpg
    Love it!

Also, I'm really bored at work today, hence my responding to a buncha comments today. FYI.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

Yellow spandex is silly and impractical. Ok. How the hell are leather jackets practical?! There is footage that shows that the actors couldn't even jump over like a three feet hurdle.

Making Apocalypse a giant would be too silly. Ok. How the hell is getting information from touching a goddamm cable tv not silly?!(not to mention that Civil War had Giant-Man, and it was one of the best movie moments of 2016 period.)

This is also the franchise that has told three different characters hairstyle origins.
    Fox usually getting grounded is to see the rawness of A story and utilise it instead of depending too much on CG-Visuals and all the spoofiness comics don't need to have. The only other series to use this approach are Batman movies , the 3 Christopher Nolan movies, Man of steel and the first Spider-Man movies.

We don't see anyone wearing yellow spandex. we see people wearing leather jackets. I have leather cloths. Putting these characters in yellow spandex and changing the tone of the story is a bigger let down than anything else. I liked DOFP and Logan not for what the characters were wearing but for what the characters were going through. that also plays into the story setting if you want your world to be taken seriously. The grounded movies speaks for themselves since they are usually considered the best in the genre or off a higher impressive output people did not know comic movies could have. Logan, TDK...shall I go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, that was the way I understood it too.

"Grounded" as in a logical, planned progression of events, unlike that mess that was X3, which was ungrounded and full of lunacy. Not "grounded" like an earthbound adventure, but in a story that makes sense.

But only time will tell...when we finally see the film if any of that is true.
    Grounded is to reduce anything that is beyond fantastical without any little explanation or no chance of any plausible realistic hypothesis. Have we ever seen a man going to work, vesting his grandma, taking his girl friend out to eat and he is in a yellow spandex? Unlikely not. (I haven't)

Given X-Men movies their own interpretation of grounded is to make drama-story films. if you remove the part that these people have special powers and can do inhuman things you are still looking at a drama movie reminiscent of The Revenant (The Wolverine), Hell on High Water (Logan) or Source Code (DOFP) or All the President's Man (X2). Not many comic movies have that for their films. It could explain X-Men 3 and X-Men apocalypse been the worst of their films. there is nothing in those movies outside the special powers of these characters and the non stop action.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post

x-poster.jpg
    They're not going to let Xavier/Magneto angst go, will they?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Grounded is to reduce anything that is beyond fantastical without any little explanation or no chance of any plausible realistic hypothesis. Have we ever seen a man going to work, vesting his grandma, taking his girl friend out to eat and he is in a yellow spandex? Unlikely not. (I haven't)

Given X-Men movies their own interpretation of grounded is to make drama-story films. if you remove the part that these people have special powers and can do inhuman things you are still looking at a drama movie reminiscent of The Revenant (The Wolverine), Hell on High Water (Logan) or Source Code (DOFP) or All the President's Man (X2). Not many comic movies have that for their films. It could explain X-Men 3 and X-Men apocalypse been the worst of their films. there is nothing in those movies outside the special powers of these characters and the non stop action.
    Not one of those X-Men films are as good as the ones you compared them too except Source Code and DOFP mostly because Source Code isn't all that great.

BANNED

X-Men Apocalypse was "non-stop action"?

Say whaaaaaaaat?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

Deadpool and Fred Savage said it best: A Marvel movie produced by Fox is like the Beatles produced by Nickleback. Yup. That about sums it up.