Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1569

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Logan proved people like Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart as they say goodbye in a ridiculously well-reviewed movie. Every movie with the new cast underperformed relative to the old cast.
    If true, wonder what that means for the MCU reboot?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    If true, wonder what that means for the MCU reboot?
    The MCU has built trust with the audience and there will have been significant time for people to forget Fox. It's not that people will only accept the original cast, it's just that they were given nothing special to invest in the second version.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    How can that be the case when the majority of summer movies are proving to be underperformers? Aladdin is reaping the benefits of playing in sea of mediocre films. It literally had no competition till Toy Story 4 opened. The summer films are not cannibalizing each other. Box office gross is still down. Lots of articles are being written about how weak this summer is.

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/06...-dark-phoenix/

http://www.channel4000.com/economy-b...cks/1088966496

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...203007993.html
    These mediocre movies still made $796,101,108 together. I’m just saying that Aladdin could have made more.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    If everyone had went according to plan they would not have delayed the film and put it in June. Jean would have been an actual villain from what I hear.
    Really happy they didn't end up going that way, making Jean full on villain. She wasn't in the comics, except in the eyes of a bunch of aliens with sticks up their butts. She was always ... Jean. The Phoenix force is what blew up the planet. In DP, the Phoenix force is what kills Mystique, attacked the cops, made Xavier do the funky walk upstairs, etc.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

What if we cut the X-Men movie universe down to only TWO timelines?

If that is the case:

1- "First Class" is the official origin story of the X-Men. For some reasons, Xavier created a fake story to tell people about his first encounter with Erik. Maybe, Xavier just wanted to hide his involvement with the Cuban Missile Crisis and his deep relationship with the mutant terrorist known as Mystique.

2- Jean Grey is born in 1967. The prologue of "The Last Stand" is set in 1979. She was indeed 13.

3- "X-Men Origins" is set in 1983. Emma Silverfox is a clone of Emma Frost. The Quicksilver guy and the Banshee guy were clones as well.

4- "Deadpool" and "Deadpool 2" belong to a different universe, so that's a different Wade Wilson in "Origins".

5- "X-Men" and "X2" are both set in 1998. "The Last Stand" is set in 1999. 15 years since "Origins". About the timestamps, we can pretend that 1998 and 1999 were "the future" from the perspective of "First Class" and "X-Men Origins".

6- The "Archangel" in "Apocalypse" was NOT Warren Worthington III, but another "Cheyaraphim" mutant. His wings were also different...

7- The Asian girl in "Origins" and "The Last Stand" was Kwannon, not Psylocke.

8- The Moira MacTaggert in "The Last Stand" is FC Moira's niece.

9- Xavier used Beast's serum to walk again, as seen in "Origins" and "The Last Stand".

10- The new Cerebro used in X1/X2 was created by Erik, as claimed on-screen.

11- "The Wolverine" is set in 2008. 10 years after X1/X2.

Am I forgetting something?

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post

If that is the case:

1- "First Class" is the official origin story of the X-Men. For some reasons, Xavier created a fake story to tell people about his first encounter with Erik. Maybe, Xavier just wanted to hide his involvement with the Cuban Missile Crisis and his deep relationship with the mutant terrorist known as Mystique.

2- Jean Grey is born in 1967. The prologue of "The Last Stand" is set in 1979. She was indeed 13.

3- "X-Men Origins" is set in 1983. Emma Silverfox is a clone of Emma Frost. The Quicksilver guy and the Banshee guy were clones as well.

4- "Deadpool" and "Deadpool 2" belong to a different universe, so that's a different Wade Wilson in "Origins".

5- "X-Men" and "X2" are both set in 1998. "The Last Stand" is set in 1999. 15 years since "Origins". About the timestamps, we can pretend that 1998 and 1999 were "the future" from the perspective of "First Class" and "X-Men Origins".

6- The "Archangel" in "Apocalypse" was NOT Warren Worthington III, but another "Cheyaraphim" mutant. His wings were also different...

9- Xavier used Beast's serum to walk again, as seen in "Origins" and "The Last Stand".

Wsit I thought the serum allowed Xavier to walk but blocked his powers. In Origins he was clearly using his powers to guide Cylops out. That's just for starters. I hope you realize when you make these convoluted time lines that your further illustrating how messed up the XCU time line is. I mean appreciated the thought and time you put Into it. But to make something like this and also defend the XCU timeline as making sense on its own seems crazy to me.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 06-27-2019 at 12:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Really happy they didn't end up going that way, making Jean full on villain. She wasn't in the comics, except in the eyes of a bunch of aliens with sticks up their butts. She was always ... Jean. The Phoenix force is what blew up the planet. In DP, the Phoenix force is what kills Mystique, attacked the cops, made Xavier do the funky walk upstairs, etc.
    Naw, in both the comic and the film the primal force(it’s never called the Phoenix Force in neither version) is suppose to be like a drug and affect her behavior. It doesn’t have a mind of its own. So it’s all on Jean, though the film presented Mystique’s death as more of an accident.

If that is the case:

Don't forget the after-credits scene in The Wolverine that has Xavier (back from the dead with no explanation) and Magneto meet Logan at the airport as though to recruit him for the events of Days Of Future Past (like they need someone to go back in time), and then that basically turns out to have no connection to Days Of Future Past except for the Trask adverts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Don't forget the after-credits scene in The Wolverine that has Xavier (back from the dead with no explanation)
    His return was explained in the after-credits scene of The Last Stand, actually. Well, more shown than explained but it was foreshadowed earlier in the Last Stand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Wsit I thought the serum allowed Xavier to walk but blocked his powers. In Origins he was clearly using his powers to guide Cylops out. That's just for starters. I hope you realize when you make these convoluted time lines that your further illustrating how messed up the XCU time line is. I mean appreciated the thought and time you put Into it. But to make something like this and also defend the XCU timeline as making sense on its own seems crazy to me.
    I don't see any BIG MESS with the X-Men continuity, nothing that a good brain couldn't "fix". Fill the gaps by yourself. It's very fun, you should realize that.

We can claim that Xavier used an improved serum during the ORIGINS era, but there were collateral effects anyway and so he dropped it in the late Eighties.

I don't see any BIG MESS with the X-Men continuity, nothing that a good brain couldn't "fix". Fill the gaps by yourself. It's very fun, you should realize that.

We can claim that Xavier used an improved serum during the ORIGINS era, but there were collateral effects anyway and so he dropped it in the late Eighties.
    You can't make up new serums and talk about Clones and accuse characters of lying about they're history. And then say they'res no big mess. When it takes about 25% your own fan fiction ti make sense then it's a mess. You have to resort to some silly stuff to make the timeline even kinda work. These movies shoulda not tried to connect everything.

BANNED

You can't make up new serums and talk about Clones and accuse characters of lying about they're history. And then say they'res no big mess. When it takes about 25% your own fan fiction ti make sense then it's a mess. You have to resort to some silly stuff to make the timeline even kinda work. These movies shoulda not tried to connect everything.
    I believe in the three timelines scenario OR in "First Class" being an alternate universe.

Said that, things like those fill millions of X-Men comic book pages, you know. Serums, clones, characters lying about their history. LMAO.

P.s: read your private message box.

BANNED

Your generosity knows no limits sir.

I believe in the three timelines scenario OR in "First Class" being an alternate universe.
    Unfortunately, the movies themselves disprove both ideas.

Said that, things like those fill millions of X-Men comic book pages, you know. Serums, clones, characters lying about their history. LMAO.
    Comics and movies are two completely different things, and, as we've seen on numerous occasions, they rarely line up to be useful for sussing out details.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

P.s: read your private message box.
    Those things are in the the comics your right. But only because they are actually in the comics. Not because someone who read them wrote they're own fan fiction.